mikeyboyeee

Looks like am am Moving to FL

Well, looks like my joba dn time are now up in NJ.  born and raised here.

Lots of friends made the jump and none regret. All say best decision they have ever made (20+ people from HS and college).

I plan to move down to the Boca, Ft lauderdale, Boynton, Dererfeld beach, Margate area.

Anyone know any IT or tech related recruiters down that way?

I imagine to bring my guns down there I have to do nothing.

I do intend to go down for a month or so to look for jobs etc and of course, apply for my non res carry permit in person.

Step moms family has a place down there which only gets used in winter, so I should be able to stay there to look for a job etc.

Since I am divorced, no children and have a couple of sheckles in the bank, I think this will go a long way to helping me be happy in the future.  After all, I am a lifelong boater, fisherman and relatively new shooter.

How can it be bad?

I really need to drop 20lbs (at 5'6:- currently 226)to have a decent semi 6 pack for the ladies when I get down there so good diet is starting NOW :)

Anyone make the jump, have connections down there, know of a reasonable place to rent for a yr before I buy, etc?

Thanks all and when I do make the move, I will still be pulling for you guys in NJ as my parents wil still be here (for 5 more yrs anyway).

I am looking fwd to living in the free world ;)

I really need to drop 200lbs (at 5'6:- currently 226)to have a decent semi 6 pack for the ladies when I get down there so good diet is starting NOW :)

Wow, that's the most aggressive weight loss goal I've seen in a quite a while.  What do you think your BF % will be when you weigh 26 lbs?

Good luck with the move, make sure to post a pic of your fully loaded standard capacity magazine when you get down there.

At 5'6" and 226lbs and if you only had to drop 26lbs to get a six pack you must be stocky dude built like monster. I can tell you that at 5'8" and 200lbs I didn't have a six pack. Hell even when I was 175 i didn't have a sculpted 6 pack. and I'm not built like a twig either. 

But regardless. good luck with the move, If I didn't have a wife and 2 kids I would be living in PA or DE

Well, it is florida, I figure I can do the south beach cocaine diet ;)

I will correct. I need to get to 200lbs to be around 10% bf currently 226 on my short 5'6: frame, lol

Land of the beautiful down there, so have to try and fit in being single 41, and all ;)

At 5'6" and 226lbs and if you only had to drop 26lbs to get a six pack you must be stocky dude built like monster. I can tell you that at 5'8" and 200lbs I didn't have a six pack. Hell even when I was 175 i didn't have a sculpted 6 pack. and I'm not built like a twig either. 

But regardless. good luck with the move, If I didn't have a wife and 2 kids I would be living in PA or DE

Pretty much,

been bodybuilding powerlifting on and off since 16.  before i LEFT Ex i was a FAT 285, 46: waist pudge ball of a mess.

I carry all my weight in my belly, but I am a big wide dude.  Prob 52: suit jacket now, 19-19.5" neck 35 waist o may to 31 or 32.

Hey, I am a bald short stocky jew, so I never liked getting picked on. ;)

Pretty much,

been bodybuilding powerlifting on and off since 16.  before i LEFT Ex i was a FAT 285, 46: waist pudge ball of a mess.

I carry all my weight in my belly, but I am a big wide dude.  Prob 52: suit jacket now, 19-19.5" neck 35 waist o may to 31 or 32.

Hey, I am a bald short stocky jew, so I never liked getting picked on. ;)

That's not a neck, it's a thigh!

As far as IT goes, I'm not sure Florida is the hub of IT activity. If you want a gun friendly state with IT opportunities, it's North Carolina or Texas.

Or you could go work for the NSA in Utah. 

Form people I have been speaking with,they seem to think there are more oops down there for me in IT, then there are up here.

Yes, pretty much my all  life right now ;)  Lots of things going thru my head at this time, lol

So, I am looking forward to at least having a flash hider instead of a muzzle break ;)

My look to sell my upper before I go.

AND my neutered xdm  .40 mags, lol.

In a few months, you'll be explaining to your new shooting buddies how the NJ laws on transport, hollowpoints, AR neutering, etc work.   And they won't believe a word you say...   Because they won't be able to fathom that anywhere can be that crazy.

A little bit yes.I do currently manage a 32 camera DVR system

I hear it is big down there and my buddy told me to get into home dvr and house sitting type stuff.

I will also be pushing my home based PC repair/netowkring biz down there as well. Prob boca area where the $$$ is.

I set a shooting range on fire down there in Florida many years ago. Tracer rounds, overhanging range grass and a slow constant breeze made for an exciting afternoon. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with bringing in 5 fire trucks when they only needed 3. Talk about overkill.

As far as IT goes, I'm not sure Florida is the hub of IT activity. If you want a gun friendly state with IT opportunities, it's North Carolina or Texas.

Or you could go work for the NSA in Utah. 

Or Hawaii, I hear they have an open rec.

Mikey, My former next-door neighbor moved to the Boca area.  I could try to hook you up for rental advice.  She is hot as well (but taken)

Or Hawaii, I hear they have an open rec.

Mikey, My former next-door neighbor moved to the Boca area.  I could try to hook you up for rental advice.  She is hot as well (but taken)

I would GREATLY appreciate that. Thank you.

And as we all know, hot girls, USUALLY, have hot girlfriends ;)

Looks like someone works out at retro fitness lol.

I have a house in Florida and have alot of family down there, I can ask them what job situations are looking like down there.

I'm also moving down there at the end of the month. I'll be on the west coast though, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples area. My buddy in IT was telling me the jobs around Orlando are in need of IT techs. I can't be land locked, and am forced to pay the extra costs of living on the water.

I know of quite a few people that make out alright maintaining the computers of wealthy older folks. House calls, remote repair, and networking.

Good luck and maybe we can setup a NJGF hog hunt somewhere.