Sign in to follow this  
tony357

ICE MACHINES.

Just installed an ice machine that i purchased online from lowes. 

http://www.lowes.com/pd_35193-33438-MIM50_0__?productId=3735225&Ntt=maxx+ice&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dmaxx%2Bice&facetInfo=

Wanted to filter the water and purchased this filter from home depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-20-000-gal-In-Line-Water-Filter-Kit-5-YR/100678548#.UeWY9o2TiSp

do you have an ice machine and what filter do you use, i hooked this one up to the fridge and ice machine so the fridge is getting filtered twice it has its own filter for cold water and the ice machine..

I just turned it on will dump the 1st basket full of ice i cleaned it per the directions 1 oz bleach to two gallons of water for the interior and wiped clean figured it would be a good idea to let it make ice and dispose of the 1st batch.

That filter will be fine. I see it is a carbon fiber filter. I would NOT let it go five years as stated. Carbon filters can harbor and be a growing ground for bacteria over time. Changing once a year at least sounds better to me. I am on my own private well. I use a poly filter, carbon filter and water softener for the whole house before it gets to the refrigerator filter.

do you have an ice machine and what filter do you use, i hooked this one up to the fridge and ice machine so the fridge is getting filtered twice it has its own filter for cold water and the ice machine..

Too many filters on the ice machine so the link doesn't work :);)

Always dump first two harvests after cleaning

Doing that.  Do you have an ice machine ?

so far it is working very good making more ice than i expected. I have a half full bin already about every 10 min it is harvesting a rack..