david8613

S&W mp9c take Down procedure is a PIA!

what was s&w thinking when they made the take down procedure so complicated? I have had xd, glocks, fnh, kahrs, ruger and I never had seen such a complicated take down procedure for a gun... What other guns have this type of problem?

The lug of the striker is engaged with the sear of the receiver.  In order to remove the slide, the sear must be disengaged from the striker.  This is accomplished by either pushing down the sear deactivation level or pulling the trigger.

Smith and Wesson added that lever to have the user look into the chamber/magazine well to ensure the weapon is unloaded.  The don't recommended pulling the trigger to disengage the sear, especially if the weapon has a magazine disconnect safety.

Now that I think about it is easier then taking down the glock. With the glock (which I do find very easy to field strip) you have to pull back the slide just the right amount and depress the take down lever at the same time. Not a big deal, but I have seen newbies struggle with it. I do admit the the stupid tool that S&W wants you to use is a joke to pull out from the backstrap channel. I usually just use a bic pen for pushing down the lever on my M&P.

Yeah..... I dont see what the big deal is....

Now...... a Ruger MK series gun..... that is one gun I refuse to own, because of the takedown/reassembly procedure...... and some guys find those guns also easy to work with, But not me...

Are you talking about the Ruger 22's? I heard they are a royal PIA as well, which is why I don't own one either. Are the Browning Buckmarks hard to take down as well?

Are you talking about the Ruger 22's? I heard they are a royal PIA as well, which is why I don't own one either. Are the Browning Buckmarks hard to take down as well?

Have a ruger 22/45 that I just recently purchased. Royal PITA to take apart and clean. I literally needed a rubber mallet to get it apart/together bc it is so tight. Tbey say it loosens up over time but damn...

That being said it didnt have a hiccup thru 500rds which I cant say about any other .22 pistol I have owned.

Also have an M&P9c that isnt bad at all to take down. Sure the lever is a little annoying but doesnt take long.

MK pistols are not that bad and they get easier with time I can have mine down in about a minute. Getting it back together can be a little touchy but once ou get the hang not too bad. For the way that gun shoots I will put up with a little hassle. Eats almost everything and with the volquartsen extractor very few problems

The thing with my m&p 9c it's the one with magazine safety so it's a little tricky when you pull the trigger to remove the slide the mag has to be in, when the slide is ready to be removed, Thats when i drop the mag. Tool version of this procedure is just dum...

Really? What is the issue with the 75? Align notches, push out slide pin.

In principle it is very easy. I'm talking about the force needed to push the slide pin out on a brand new gun. You either need a punch or you have to use the base of the magazine like CZ recommends. Don't own one, and have only broken down a brand new one for someone so I don't know if it becomes easier with repeated field stripping.

Unless the compact is different just google "M&P alternative takedown". It's the same as the glock. Don't have to use the tool. I never do. I pull the trigger .

This.  I've never even used the tool on my M&P 45.  I'm used to the take down procedure from my Glock's, so pulling the trigger isn't that big of an issue to me.

The M&P 9mm Shield doesn't even come with the tool. 

In principle it is very easy. I'm talking about the force needed to push the slide pin out on a brand new gun. You either need a punch or you have to use the base of the magazine like CZ recommends. Don't own one, and have only broken down a brand new one for someone so I don't know if it becomes easier with repeated field stripping.

It does indeed become easier with repeated take downs as I suspect is the case with most guns. A quick push with the side of the right index finger on the pin is all that is necessary after some time and I lubricate the take down lever with each cleaning.

This.  I've never even used the tool on my M&P 45.  I'm used to the take down procedure from my Glock's, so pulling the trigger isn't that big of an issue to me.

The M&P 9mm Shield doesn't even come with the tool. 

A bic pen works just fine for me. The tool is a PIA the get out of the backstrap.

It does indeed become easier with repeated take downs as I suspect is the case with most guns. A quick push with the side of the right index finger on the pin is all that is necessary after some time and I lubricate the take down lever with each cleaning.

Ok that makes sense and is good to know. It was probably the biggest reason I never considered buying one. That and the fact that there is not much slide to grab when racking it. Other then that they really interest me. I have heard great things about them from people who own the 75B.

Ok that makes sense and is good to know. It was probably the biggest reason I never considered buying one. That and the fact that there is not much slide to grab when racking it. Other then that they really interest me. I have heard great things about them from people who own the 75B.

As you've undoubtedly seen right here on NJGF owners tend to rave and supply can't keep up with demand, however CZ is opening a manufacturing facility in Brazil eventually to build all their polymer pistols while devoting their European facilities to the 75, SP01,2075 line...... so there's a light on the horizon for us fans who can't get enough of CZs.

As you've undoubtedly seen right here on NJGF owners tend to rave and supply can't keep up with demand, however CZ is opening a manufacturing facility in Brazil eventually to build all their polymer pistols while devoting their European facilities to the 75, SP01,2075 line...... so there's a light on the horizon for us fans who can't get enough of CZs.

Where di you hear this at? This would be a great thing, I would like to read about it an find out any details, if you have a link to an article or any other info? I have been looking for an SP-01 for so long I am thinking I will say  F-it and go another way!!

Where di you hear this at? This would be a great thing, I would like to read about it an find out any details, if you have a link to an article or any other info? I have been looking for an SP-01 for so long I am thinking I will say  F-it and go another way!!

For some reason I can't post links on NJGF any longer but there was an article on Guns.com quoting a Prague newspaper about CZ opening a plant called CZ Brasil initially to supply the Brazilian army with p-07's and then produce all of CZ's polymer guns.

There was also a lot of buzz on the CZ forums after they released their revamped line that was so popular  they are seeking more investment to open yet another factory perhaps in Poland or Romania because of cheaper labor costs.