RedBowTies88

New Guitar Amp

So I couldn't help but notice there's quite a few music and gear heads here, why not take an advantage of a chance to show off ? :D

I just picked up one of these baby's last night for the SWEET price of $225, but I did have to drive to Lansdale to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVsB_bAz1I

446q.jpg

11v2.jpg

Nice- I had a Peavey for years, loved it.  Unfortunately it burned up in a fire at one of the bars we played at.  I got my money's worth though, Peavey makes great stuff, and their tube amps sound great. 

Good luck!

Been rocking my 5150 combo for over 15 years.  Love it.  I never could get a good tone out of a Marshall for my playing, but the Peavey 5150 was perfect the very first time I tried it.  Peavey was also the very first amp brand that I ever owned when I was like 13/14 years old.  Always good stuff for the money.  Enjoy.

Thanks guys,

stop living so god damn far away.

+1 !!!  Monmouth is a little far for a jam session lol  (I'm in warren county)

I had a Peavey Classic 50/410,  great amp, just hella-loud.  Have heard good things about the Valve King stuff, and the 5150 is of course legendary.  I was playing my old 80's Charvel just now, whipping out my Yngwie and Vai impressions...  

I've got an 80s Peavy and my dead Grandpa's really old Fender Princeton Twin Reverb.

When I play the Peavy I like to hit the saturation, max the bass and trebble, and know out the mid and pretend I am Merciful Fate.

When I play the Fender I like to pretend I am the earthquake that will soon send California to join Atlantis.

Been using the Line Six Spiders lately after a LONG absence. They sound great. That amp new for $225? Nice.

I have to be honest and say that I'm really not a fan of the line 6 spider series, too electronic sounding for me.  And no it was used, new at guitar center the last price I could find these selling for was $650

I've got an 80s Peavy and my dead Grandpa's really old Fender Princeton Twin Reverb. When I play the Peavy I like to hit the saturation, max the bass and trebble, and know out the mid and pretend I am Merciful Fate. When I play the Fender I like to pretend I am the earthquake that will soon send California to join Atlantis.

A Twin could probably do it.  Those suckers are LOUD.

I've got an 80s Peavy and my dead Grandpa's really old Fender Princeton Twin Reverb. When I play the Peavy I like to hit the saturation, max the bass and trebble, and know out the mid and pretend I am Merciful Fate. When I play the Fender I like to pretend I am the earthquake that will soon send California to join Atlantis.

Mercyful Fate? Thought I was the only one left into MF and King Diamond.

I have to be honest and say that I'm really not a fan of the line 6 spider series, too electronic sounding for me.  And no it was used, new at guitar center the last price I could find these selling for was $650

I was looking for cheap, good sounding and new and these were it. A lot of the newer stuff sounds crappy to me. Over-processed even if stripped down. I wish I had kept all my old gear. Marshall JCM800's, Gibson Explorers, two American Fenders and all sorts of good stuff passed through these hands.

After I lost my Peavey in a bar fire I went through a slew of new Fenders, Crates a newer Marshall, and a few others before I finally broke down and bought a Boogie.  I wish Peavey had good tube tube amps back then but there was a void in the early 90's where almost everyone was going solid state, and they all sounded like crap.

Been using the Line Six Spiders lately after a LONG absence. They sound great. That amp new for $225? Nice.

Mine is 15 years old and still sounds great. The clean tones sound a little electronic, but when I crank the gain it gives a great sound for hard rock/metal.

I've got a Fender modeler... GDEC3-Thirty.  THE BEST solution for low-volume/late-night playing.  I wouldn't gig with it, but at low volumes, the thing sounds extremely good. 

My other amps are all-tube.  Currently, a Fender Princeton Reverb and a Genz Benz Black Pearl ...sort of a Vox/Matchless/BadCat thing... (sleeper amp- nobody knows about them, but they are FANTASTIC.)

FWIW, I've got a Fender Excelsior I'm going to be selling... if anyone is interested...

Any of you six stringers know a bass player who would want a SWR Working Mans 2-10t? I'm looking to get $100. It's in pretty good shape but it has been used in a few hundred gigs so it has some road wear but still sounds great.

I will also trade for 350 rounds of 9mm.

Located in Morris county.

PM if interested.

I have the 112 Valve King. I think it is pretty versatile and I could get a very good to great sound for whatever style I was going for. The texture nob is not as noticeable at bedroom levels but is there a little when cranked.

I always meant to change the speaker but have not really seen a reason to yet. I have had mine since 2006 or 2007.

I have the 112 Valve King. I think it is pretty versatile and I could get a very good to great sound for whatever style I was going for. The texture nob is not as noticeable at bedroom levels but is there a little when cranked.

I always meant to change the speaker but have not really seen a reason to yet. I have had mine since 2006 or 2007.

Swapping the speaker and tubes out does a lot for its sound.

The texture knob seems pretty noticeable on mine as long as you're on the clean channel and at fairly quiet volume. I really like that setting, mine usually almost full blown class A for clean bluesy stuff and class ab for high gain.

Swapping the speaker and tubes out does a lot for its sound.

I've heard that about these, so far I'm digging the stock sound but im sure some new tubes and good speakers wouldn't hurt, If anything I would consider buying a nice 2x12 cab and using that for the speakers instead of the iinternals