tuktuk

Low recoil 12g slugs

Rio and fiocchi are the few brands I know that makes low recoil slug/buck shot. I bought a case of rio low recoil buck shot and it works great. Here is some low recoil slugs made by fiocchi, price is pretty good too.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/50rds-12-gauge-fiocchi-low-recoil-2-34-1oz-exacta-aero-slug-ammo/cName/12-gauge-slug

Remington Slugger Managed Recoil Rifled slugs.

These are probably about the cheapest slugs you will find, they are 2 3/4" only 1200 fps, so very low recoil.

I keep some around to find the paper on the first couple shots when sighting in my shotgun for deer season.

I then switch to higher power sabots to get the scope fully sighted in. I have also used them to introduce younger kids to joys of recoil when moving up from a .22LR

They still kick, but only a bit more than the usual target load for trap.

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/shotshells/slugs/slugger-managed-recoil-rifled-slugs.aspx

I have no idea if they are readily available right now.

BTW, shooting slugs from a smooth bore barrel is a random walk. Don't expect any consistency past 15 yards or so.  These Rifled slugs are supposed to work better then smooth slugs, but i've seen them keyhole at 50 yards.

BTW, shooting slugs from a smooth bore barrel is a random walk. Don't expect any consistency past 15 yards or so. 

Err .. sorry no, I am able to shoot 3" groups at 50yards off hand through a smooth barreled 11-87 with Modified choke. 10" steel targets at 80 yards, under time pressure in the middle of a 3gun match are cake walk.

If you are talking about a cylinder choke and slugs designed for rifled barrels, sure, anything is possible. Fosters slugs should be fine.

I don't think they make low recoil in 3".  Quite frankly, after shooting 3" shells, I have no idea what they are made for at all - the recoil is too high to shoot a follow-up shot... maybe they are best in a Joe Biden special where you only have two barrels and have to make both count?

But anyway, Fiocchi and Federal both make them. 

I use Fiocchi, Midway has 'em for $78 for 80 shells: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/644566/fiocchi-low-recoil-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-7-8-oz-aero-rifled-slug-ammo-can-of-80-8-boxes-of-10?cm_vc=wishList

Midway actually sells them cheaper in individual 10-shell boxes (I guess you're paying for the dry box in my link...?) but those are out of stock

Err .. sorry no, I am able to shoot 3" groups at 50yards off hand through a smooth barreled 11-87 with Modified choke. 10" steel targets at 80 yards, under time pressure in the middle of a 3gun match are cake walk.

If you are talking about a cylinder choke and slugs designed for rifled barrels, sure, anything is possible. Fosters slugs should be fine.I a

I agree, get slugs designed for smooth bore barrels and you will be okay, i wasn't clear. Mismatching is the problem. I normally shoot a rifled barrel for hunting.  OP, I assume is looking for something for a smooth bore.