diamondd817

Glock's and NJ, Perfect Together

The great thing about Glock's is the interchangeability. With 1 P2P, I have 3 different guns. I could have 4 but im not interested in the .357 sig round (Glock 32 Upper). I bought a G23 Gen4 (1 P2P used). I then purchased a G19 Gen4 upper with 9mm ejector and mags, and a Advantage Arms 22lr Glock 19/23 Gen 4 upper. Now I can shoot 9mm, .40, and 22lr all from the same frame with 1 permit.

And just for reference, this can be done with the full size Glocks, 17, 22, 31. The subcompacts 26, 27, & 33's. Gen3's and Gen4's. Also, if you have a Glock 21 (45 acp) or Glock 20 (10mm) the slides are interchangeable as they use the same frames and ejectors.

Advantage Arms makes a 22lr upper for the Glock 17/22/31 and 26/27/33 gen3 and gen4.

3177676.jpg

That's awesome!! I want to get one now!

If I bought a Glock 17 is there other uppers and mags that will work with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You could use a Glock 22 (.40s&w) and 31 (.357 sig) upper. With the matching mags (40 and 357 use the same mags). The only difference in the frames between the 9mm and the 40/357 is the ejector. It takes about 45 seconds to swap out the ejector.

Advantage arms also makes a 22lr upper for the Glock 17/22 frame in Gen3 and Gen4.

Sweet setup.  How cost effective was it to buy a Glock 19 slide, though?  And, from where? It would be nice to have this setup with an S&W M&P, too.  Now all you need is a lower with a grip chop and then you would have a long slide 26/27 setup, too.

Thanks guys! I've been thinking I want to get a 9mm and this seals the deal. Glock 17 is now on my list!

I was at the CRRC family outing today and shot a 9mm Beretta that felt great! I didn't shoot it as well as my own .45 but I definitely want something that costs less than my .45 to shoot. The Glock 17 gets great reviews and I like the idea that I could get a .22 upper and save even more money when ammo is available.

Thanks guys! I've been thinking I want to get a 9mm and this seals the deal. Glock 17 is now on my list!

I was at the CRRC family outing today and shot a 9mm Beretta that felt great! I didn't shoot it as well as my own .45 but I definitely want something that costs less than my .45 to shoot. The Glock 17 gets great reviews and I like the idea that I could get a .22 upper and save even more money when ammo is available.

If you liked the Beretta you can also get a 22lr upper that fits the 92FS/M9. All you do is slide off the 9mm upper and slide the 22lr in it's place and use the 22lr mags.

Sweet setup. How cost effective was it to buy a Glock 19 slide, though? And, from where? It would be nice to have this setup with an S&W M&P, too. Now all you need is a lower with a grip chop and then you would have a long slide 26/27 setup, too.

Gen4 19 complete new upper of gunbroker cost $325. Ejector and 3 mags another $100.

Wow, that's almost the cost of a second gun.

Yep. The AA 22lr Gen4 upper is $300-$350 with 1 mag. Gen3's makes it a little cheaper but not much. Frames go for $200-$250. By the time you walk out the door with a new Glock Gen4 in NJ your laying out close to $600, so its somewhat inline. And its sure worth it based on the fact you don't need to deal with 3-P2P's

Wow, that's almost the cost of a second gun.

Yea definitely not a money saver since you can get a used Glock for the same price but if you only have one permit it is a good way to get caliber versatility. I personally prefer individual caliber pistols rather than buying barrels and mags for the same gun. Next spring I plan on applying for another 5 pistols permits to add a few more toys to my collection. I am sure a Glock will be one of my purchases. 

Yea definitely not a money saver since you can get a used Glock for the same price but if you only have one permit it is a good way to get caliber versatility. I personally prefer individual caliber pistols rather than buying barrels and mags for the same gun. Next spring I plan on applying for another 5 pistols permits to add a few more toys to my collection. I am sure a Glock will be one of my purchases.

I have not seen any used Glocks for $300, no matter what the condition.

I could have bought a 40-9mm conversion barrel for $125 but I prefer a complete upper. When I put the G19 upper and 9mm ejector on the frame its a true factory spec G19, which I would not hesitate to use as a SD gun. I put the G23 upper on and same result. I would not, however, trust a conversion barrel gun as a SD gun.

Gen4 19 complete new upper of gunbroker cost $325. Ejector and 3 mags another $100.

I just don't get it too much hassle if you ask me, after all that you could just get another glock! I picked up a used like new gen 4 23 with 3 mags for about 450.00 not too long ago...

I've got a KKM 9mm conversion barrel and G17 recoil spring for my Gen4 G22 and have never had a single malfunction with it.

+1

I've got Lonewolf conversion barrels for a G23 and a G22 and haven't had a malfunction with either.  There is no loss of tthe reliability you expect from a Glock.

I also have the AA .22 kit and that is somewhat finicky, but it sure is cheap to shoot!

I just don't get it too much hassle if you ask me, after all that you could just get another glock! I picked up a used like new gen 4 23 with 3 mags for about 450.00 not too long ago...

I just saw a used glock 17 for $399. It came with two mags and box and was pristine condition. I would snatch this baby up if I had a permit on hand.