millsan1

NOthing firearm related, Motorcycle epic ride by my GF

Wanted to post this.

My GF, Kate, and our Friend Minna are out on a BBG attempt. BBG = Bun Burner Gold, an Iron Butt certification ride. 1,500 miles in 24 hours.

They left Jersey City, NJ today at 10:52 AM and are headed for Dallas, TX. Total of 1540 miles.

Kate is riding her F800ST and Minna is riding her F650.

They rode all morning into a 25+mph headwind and rain.

They are about 300 miles in and going strong.

You can track their progress here:

I am so proud of both of them.

Wish them luck.

I may be the wet hen here but driving that far in so few hours on public rounds sounds irresponsible and dangerous to themselves and other people on the road. Moreso on a motorcycle.

It really is not that hard, just a test of mental toughness.  None of us push to extremes, nor are the speeds so great. 

To accomplish this ride requires a 63 MPH average, not a fast pace on interstates. 

The difference is, we only stop for fuel and to pee.  We eat out of our tank bags and drink from camel packs or something similar. 

Neither of them will be pushing their safety.  There is enough time in there for a 1-2 hour nap, if they so choose.

Live life, it is fun!

It really is not that hard, just a test of mental toughness.  None of us push to extremes, nor are the speeds so great. 

To accomplish this ride requires a 63 MPH average, not a fast pace on interstates. 

The difference is, we only stop for fuel and to pee.  We eat out of our tank bags and drink from camel packs or something similar. 

Neither of them will be pushing their safety.  There is enough time in there for a 1-2 hour nap, if they so choose.

Live life, it is fun!

I guess I've done too many real world things to prove my mental toughness and pushed myself to extremes. Believe me I have lived life and this does seem like a smart thing to do. You haven't convinced me or changed my attitude toward this.

Hope no one gets hurt.

I guess I've done too many real world things to prove my mental toughness and pushed myself to extremes. Believe me I have lived life and this does seem like a smart thing to do. You haven't convinced me or changed my attitude toward this.

Hope no one gets hurt.

its a challenge that people do for fun. if you need to pull over for sleep or something then they do it. if you don't make your goal then o well you still got a ton of riding done and went somewhere new. ive dont way more irresponsible treks in my cage. ive done 1200 miles in 16 hours by myself and i do not suggest anyone try it.

I had a cousin that rode from Alaska to Key West FL in 89 & 1/2 hrs. The ride was more than 5,000 mi. I'm not sure but I think it was a world record. Sadly he recently passed away when riding. I hope your GF and her friend have a great ride and above all a safe one.

I had a cousin that rode from Alaska to Key West FL in 89 & 1/2 hrs. The ride was more than 5,000 mi. I'm not sure but I think it was a world record. Sadly he recently passed away when riding. I hope your GF and her friend have a great ride and above all a safe one.

They are doing this ride in memory of John. We were all friends with him. We miss him greatly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Depriving yourself of sleep long enough and you will suffer confusion, increased blood pressure, malaise, and confusion.  Even staying awake just 20 hours your driving skill can be reduced to the same level as being drunk.  Driving at this time also gives you a good chance of developing road hypnosis.  More damaging on a motorcycle.

Once again I hope no one gets hurt but I can think of safer ways to prove my toughness.

Is this the feels that did it on a Beemer wearing his stich with the nasa patch?

Met him once years ago in a BMW dealership in the Ledgewood area....

Great ride! Best of luck to them... And best of all... On beemers.....

That 650 thumping is sweet... Never should have sold mine... Get it safely!

That's the guy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Is this the feels that did it on a Beemer wearing his stich with the nasa patch?

Met him once years ago in a BMW dealership in the Ledgewood area....

Great ride! Best of luck to them... And best of all... On beemers.....

That 650 thumping is sweet... Never should have sold mine... Get it safely!

I believe he rode an FJR 1300 that was heavily modded for long distance.  He stopped by the Chatterbox one Thursday for bike night and pulled up alongside two chromed-out choppers.  His ride was still caked with mud from the haul road.  It made me chuckle watching the pirates trying to figure out what the mods on John's bike were all for. The fuel tank was enlarged to add several gallons, and also looked like he could have rested against it.  It also had all manner of electronics attached to the bars, and I believe that it was the Hippo Hands that really threw them for a loop.  RIP rider.

If my math is correct they're running a 60.62mph average so far. Need to pick up the pace to reach their goal, but either way, I am impressed! I've always had a thing for long-distance driving, and can't imagine doing that on a bike. Good luck to them!

Yeah, she is in the home stretch right now.  Time is as tight a it gets.  She will finish with 5 minutes to spare.  Average up until now is 61.5, which is too slow, but she is on 70 MPH roads and rolling a bit above, for the past few hundred miles and averaging 75 or so on this leg.