checko

Finally picked up my new pistol

Picked up a used PPQ M1 for $450.  I really like Walther pistols and this one fits really well.  Haven't got to the range yet but hopefully tomorrow.  Here it is with my TLR-1 HL:

IMG_20131102_144722447_zpsbeb23b79.jpg

IMG_20131102_144553906_zps6b7aeec6.jpg

I'm probably gonna pick up a Kaluban Cloak kydex holster and some night sights.  If all goes well this will be my main pistol 

very nice pistol, ive shot my buddies and it was a pleasure to shoot, very nice trigger on them and i actually really like the M1 mag release, ashame they changed it.

I like it too that's why I searched for a m1. Seen one on gunbroker for 900 not reaching the reserve!

I like it too that's why I searched for a m1. Seen one on gunbroker for 900 not reaching the reserve!

Whats funny too is im on an M&P fan page on FB and a week or so ago a gentleman asked about input on a trade. He had a .40 shield that someone wanted to trade their M1 PPQ for. He was asking if that would be a good, worthwhile trade. Ofcourse the thread was filled with fanboys and i was the only to give a logical answer. While yes the mags are expensive and hard to come by, when are you going to get that kind of trade again? you can always buy another shield but the M1 PPQ is hard to find. Anyway, he went for the trade and reported back that he was happy as hell with trade, as i would have been too. 

I would like one too, and eventhough i enjoyed my buddies its still a bit to small for my ogor hands. lol

Jesus really? It fits my hand like a glove with the MED Grips. They come with 3. There's a 17 round mag with extended baseplate too. Not that it matters lol.

Theyre going to be re-releasing the m1 next year.

It could have been the back strap he had on it, they are interchangeable right? for comparison my buddy is MAYBE 5'5 (short F'r) and im 6'6 so what fits him wont work as well for me. 

That's good to hear they are re releasing it, i might have too look into it because i really did like it otherwise and if i can change the backstrap to fit me thatd be even better.

Got a chance to take it out yesterday. Ate up 200 or so rounds with no issue. When I broke it down it looked like the previous owner rubbed it down with Vaseline or something lol.

Trigger is excellent, accuracy was pretty spot on, but the gun is a bit jumpy. I may look into a DPM recoil system, they seem to have a decent rep on the walther forum.

Congrats I searched a lot for an M1 but I had to break down and get the m2 before the permits ran out.. The m1 release is also a great feature for leftys. The m2 is still a sweet gun and shoots great.

This one literally came to me. Put out a wtb and had a message in 2 hours. They'll be re-releasing the M1 next year.

I'm guessing you would want it right on the trigger guard, or flush with? So you can sweep the buttons as you lower your trigger finger?

That side has the constant on side so I'm not really worried as much about that. I can still hit it with my trigger finger.  I'd like the other side a little closer so my thumb can keep down the momentary on at a better angle.  Still achievable but it could be more comfy

I definitely prefer that style mag release over the push button.  I heard great things about those pistols, but why did they take styling clues from Hi-Point?

HEHEHE. Only now did I notice that big resemblance.

To me it looks like a cross between a Walther P99 and a Glock.   But this definitely does look like a sleeked up hipoint pistol. 

HEHEHE. Only now did I notice that big resemblance.

To me it looks like a cross between a Walther P99 and a Glock. But this definitely does look like a sleeked up hipoint pistol.

I definitely prefer that style mag release over the push button. I heard great things about those pistols, but why did they take styling clues from Hi-Point?

That's offensive to such a fine pistol.

Even if its the tiniest bit true.

Quick question. Does anyone actually carry their gun with the flashlight attached?

I know some people that carry with their flashlight attached, BUT their on duty LEOs and take the light off to CCW when they finish their shift.