pbkid6974

is there any reason i shouldn't get a 10mm?

so ive been getting the itch lately to buy something new. for some reason i cant get 10mm to get out of my mind. seems like people really like the glock 20. i'm not a huge fan of glocks but, i've never held a g20. i have a ton of 10mm brass that came with my reloading set up when i bought it and i can use the same bullets as my .40s&w so im not worried about ammo price. so is there any reason not to buy one? does anyone have one that would be willing to let me shoot it sometime?

First gun was a g20. 10mm is one of my favorite calibers to shoot.  Got a colt delta elite as well.  Definitely get one, especially if you can reload for it.  I reload for mine and you can get the full potential out of the 10 compared to most factory loads that way

so basically everyone loves 10mm? i don't want another 1911 so i'm down to basically a G20 or G29. i realize the 20 is pretty much a hand cannon but how hard is it to conceal the 29? because lets face it, if you have a 10mm that is what you should be carrying if possible.

Beretta does not make a 10mm.  Therefor your caliber is invalid.

But seriously, I've been shooting for 25 years or so.  I've never fired a 10mm nor saw any reason to own one.  I have, however, considered a 5.7mm.  So I'm one to talk when it comes to desiring exotic calibers.

Look, man.  Our life on this planet is short... too short to only shoot the stuff that we think others want us to shoot.  The 10mm in NJ has no practical purpose.  You can't hunt with it here.  You can't carry it, and you darn sure aren't Sonny Crockett.  But if you want it, buy it and be happy.  Life is too short.

so basically everyone loves 10mm? i don't want another 1911 so i'm down to basically a G20 or G29. i realize the 20 is pretty much a hand cannon but how hard is it to conceal the 29? because lets face it, if you have a 10mm that is what you should be carrying if possible.

The G29 is a subcompact...easy to conceal...I work at RTSP on the w/e's, more than welcome to come down and give it a try(if that works geographically for you). Just let me know.

Beretta does not make a 10mm.  Therefor your caliber is invalid.

But seriously, I've been shooting for 25 years or so.  I've never fired a 10mm nor saw any reason to own one.  I have, however, considered a 5.7mm.  So I'm one to talk when it comes to desiring exotic calibers.

Look, man.  Our life on this planet is short... too short to only shoot the stuff that we think others want us to shoot.  The 10mm in NJ has no practical purpose.  You can't hunt with it here.  You can't carry it, and you darn sure aren't Sonny Crockett.  But if you want it, buy it and be happy.  Life is too short.

Here are very few practical purposes for any gun in NJ. Buy it and enjoy it. I can't see why one wouldn't want another 1911 especially in 10 mm. Love the delta elite.

Here are very few practical purposes for any gun in NJ. Buy it and enjoy it. I can't see why one wouldn't want another 1911 especially in 10 mm. Love the delta elite.

because I want a little variety. All I have are 1911 pattern pistols. Plus my buddy's brother has a delta elite that just sits in his safe. If I go over there with cash I'll leave with it. Which I'll probably do eventually just not right now.

Blocks aren't for me, but you'll find a S&W 610 in every barrel in my safe and I reload 10mm. Most tunable round of all time, and NOTHING shoots it better than a long barrel 610!

been looking at getting a wheel gun too. but not in 10mm. i just dont think an auto cartridge belongs in a revolver. when i do pull the trigger on a wheel gun it will probably a s&w 686.

been looking at getting a wheel gun too. but not in 10mm. i just dont think an auto cartridge belongs in a revolver. when i do pull the trigger on a wheel gun it will probably a s&w 686.

You've never fired a 547, 625, 610, or the like then! Those of us who shoot them...well...you can't pry them from our hands! Lol!

Can't go wrong with a 686, or a 66 or it's brother the 19... So many choices, why just one!?!? :)

You've never fired a 547, 625, 610, or the like then! Those of us who shoot them...well...you can't pry them from our hands! Lol!

Can't go wrong with a 686, or a 66 or it's brother the 19... So many choices, why just one!?!? :)

no it just that the auto cartridge has its place and the revolver cartridge has its place. im not much of a revolver guy to begin with but i feel that everyone should own at least one. .357 mag is one of the best rounds for self defense so i figured id go with that and i can always run any kind of .38 i can scrounge up if i have to.

back on topic though,

im leaning more towards the 20 because of the longer barrel and higher capacity. plus the frame on the 29 seems a bit short where i couldnt get a full grip. ive seen pictures of people running g20 mags with a spacer but then why would you want to sacrifice the velocity with a shorter barrel? does anyone have opinions on this? im kinda just thinking out loud. so any opinions are welcome.

I know a few people on here that would gladly pry the 610 out of your hands!

I love my 610, it is my USPSA gun, and I won't sell it to these guys.......

Anyway, I see no big deal with the 10mm. I have run the 10mm and .40 through the 610 and see very little difference.

If you (the OP) want a fun round, get a .357 Magnum. You can also put that round through a semi if you want to.

If you don't think semi auto rounds belong running through a revolver, then I guess you won't like my Ruger S/A revolver chambered in .30 Carbine. Shooting a rifle round through a revolver also a no-go? It makes a really FUN indoor range gun, ask anyone that has shot it, they all love it!

no it just that the auto cartridge has its place and the revolver cartridge has its place. im not much of a revolver guy to begin with but i feel that everyone should own at least one. .357 mag is one of the best rounds for self defense so i figured id go with that and i can always run any kind of .38 i can scrounge up if i have to.

back on topic though,

im leaning more towards the 20 because of the longer barrel and higher capacity. plus the frame on the 29 seems a bit short where i couldnt get a full grip. ive seen pictures of people running g20 mags with a spacer but then why would you want to sacrifice the velocity with a shorter barrel? does anyone have opinions on this? im kinda just thinking out loud. so any opinions are welcome.

If its just for the range and not to carry, IMO, get the 20 for the reasons you stated, velocity and capacity.  also if I had to pick the glock or a delta elite/kimber, etc, even though others have expressed differently, I would go with the colt. 

A reason for you to not get a 10mm...?

I don't have one and I'd be jealous.

That being said, I'd probably get a 1911 pattern.  I have owned a Glock and fired several others.  They're great guns but I don't enjoy shooting them.  I'll stick with steel.  I'd kill or die for a 610 though.  I loves me some revos!

C

I have a Pearce Grip Extension on my G29, its a must have IMO...have one on my G26 as well.

because I want a little variety. All I have are 1911 pattern pistols. Plus my buddy's brother has a delta elite that just sits in his safe. If I go over there with cash I'll leave with it. Which I'll probably do eventually just not right now.

give me the address and i will save you the hassle. Been looking for one