deerpark

When is it ok to "dry fire" a gun?

I put one of those little yellow drywall anchors in the chamber of my SR22.  you can see the denting of the firing pin on it.  they're cheap (I have hundreds in one of those little bulk packs) and fit perfectly.  it even extracts and ejects like a real round when you cycle the slide. :)

I put one of those little yellow drywall anchors in the chamber of my SR22.  you can see the denting of the firing pin on it.  they're cheap (I have hundreds in one of those little bulk packs) and fit perfectly.  it even extracts and ejects like a real round when you cycle the slide. :)

I use these too - #4-6 x 7/8" are perfect. They don't extract on a semi too well and they won't feed from the mag for tap-rack-bang drills but for a revolver they can't be beaten. The nylon that they're made from tends to bounce back to shape so they can be hit many more times than the harder plastic snap caps.

Step # 10 in my Tavor Operator's Manual under the section for "Unloading and Safety Check":

"Place the Safety Lever to the F (Fire) position—(see Safety Lever Positions on page 20, bottom-right). Pull the trigger (“dry fire”). This will place the hammer in the fired position for storage."

I wonder how many users of NJGF dry fire their pistols while watching the walking dead?  Anyone willing to admit it? :)

i do this..  also do it when i watch Justified, Person of Interest, and just about anything else that prominently has guns or firearms in general.  But only really my CZ or 640.. 

i do this..  also do it when i watch Justified, Person of Interest, and just about anything else that prominently has guns or firearms in general.  But only really my CZ or 640.. 

Dave, Why does this not surprise me LOL.

I would do the same with my KSG but the center mass laser ruins the picture.