OchoBlue

How many rounds...

If you don't know your UPS drivers name, you don't have enough.

I politely call my UPS driver "The Ammo Fairy"  because she brings me lots of ammo :)

Actually her name is Sue, and she also brings cookies for my dogs every time she stops by!!!

If your ups driver isn't outniod having back surgery you don't have enough

I have most of my ammo delivered to an office, which is up 3 flights of stairs.  My ups guy hates me lol.  

If you are trying to figure out how much ammo to store, I would look at how much you shoot per month of any given caliber and then make sure you have at least a years worth.  This will insulate you somewhat from price spikes and will also give you the benefit of buying by the case which will reduce your cost as well.  

I have about 2 yrs worth of pistol ammo stored and significantly more than that of rifle ammo, but that is only because it turns out I am using waaay less rifle ammo than I anticipated I would.  It's rare I shoot more than 100 rds of rifle ammo on any given range trip.  

As many as you can afford........My bench mark is 2000 rounds per caliber and I replace what I shoot now. However I just acquired a .45 1911 and it's  going to get expensive to amass the 2 k rounds so we'll see how it goes.

When ever I find ammo at a good price I pick up what I can afford at the time. Mostly 250 to 500 rounds at a time. Will the prices ever go down......... I don't know but when I find them @ $13.99 like the 9mm posted here yesterday a grabbed them.

What's my limit, we'll I don't have one. Just keep collecting at a good price because when I go to the range I'm never alone. My boys come also so I'm buying for 3.

P ammo 9mm 40 45 458 5k. 223 308 30/06 338 7.5k 410 16 20 12 10 gauge 5k .17 22 22wmr 220 5k 

and lots of odball ammo. Never enough. keep it dry! Good for ever! I miss ammo that was cheap! dont want to shoot 22 no more hard to find.I bought lots of ammo when I was young. 99 cents for a box of 22 and 3 bucks for a box of 12gauge 8 shot. Now I pay 14 bucks for 5 slugs. killing deer anymore aint cheap! Getting back into reloading!

When ever I find ammo at a good price I pick up what I can afford at the time. Mostly 250 to 500 rounds at a time. Will the prices ever go down......... I don't know but when I find them @ $13.99 like the 9mm posted here yesterday a grabbed them.

What's my limit, we'll I don't have one. Just keep collecting at a good price because when I go to the range I'm never alone. My boys come also so I'm buying for 3.

Most likely no...they've come down a little bit and MIGHT come down a tad more, but I think we're seeing the new price point.

All of my ammo was lost in a tragic boating accident. :)

Strange, mine seems to disappear in a series of small explosions, up to 15 in a row.  Often followed by another series of small explosions, up to 15 at a time.

The amount of ammo I have on hand right now is far below what I'd like to have on hand, and my shooting in the last year has been more of calibers I could easily find and replace, so I've hardly shot 9mm this year, only recently started 'freely' shooting .22 and .223 like I used to, and I've shot a lot more .40, .45, and 12ga most of all.

How many rounds should you have stock piled for your primary handgun / rifle ?

If you can afford to put some cash aside, buy by the case. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

Check out gun shows as well. Prices are starting to come down (internet is still cheaper) but I was standing next to a guy that bought 5 cases (5,000rds) of 9mm. It came out to $1,400 and the seller told the buyer that $1200 was good. So instead of $280 a case it was $240...not bad for these times, especially at a show.

1,000 to shoot while looking for deals

1,000 to shoot while needing to find best available price

1,000 to shoot while buying replacement at any cost

1,000 to shoot for the rest of your life if there is never more ammo

1,000 to never shoot

1,000 only for the revolution/commies

1,000 only in case of Zombies

1,000 only in case of Space Nazis/Space Herpes

That's 8K. That's for primary rifles and subgun/handgun combos. Double it for .22, halve it for shotguns and bolt actions.

I seem to be very short on ammo then by most suggestions lol. I have about 450 in .45's. 150 in .357/.38 only about 50 in 9mm since it's so hard to find. 400 in .22lr. 700 in 7.62 Nagant. And about 40 12 gauge

Theres been several deals on 9mm lately from cabelas, freedom min., and sportsmans guide.