ECsandstar

Glock 19Gen4

As with anything else in my life i cant leave well enough alone so it has now spilled over to my firearms. Looking to purchase some things for the new g19 and looking for any feedback i can get on the upgrades im looking to do. By christmas ill be installing a vicker's extended mag release/ catch, extended slide release, meprolight night sights, and the last of the upgrades is a connector.... Im really have trouble narrowing down which mfg. if any is better than the next. Im currently contemplating Lone Wolf, ZevTech(glockworx), and of course Ghost Inc. I know the Ghost stuff is highly recommended but they offer 5 - 3.5lb connectors. Has anyone tried or used multiple connectors or different brand of connectors? I know this is long winded but i appreciate any and all positive the feedback.

All fine if you gun is a range toy.  If its for HD you probably should not mess with the trigger and springs and such.  IF you ever have to use it for HD the general feeling is lawyers love to go after you for that type of mods.  If you plan to use it for competition in Production for USPSA or SSP for IDPA read the rules before you go making some of the mods you suggested.

FYI- one thing I have always wanted and is finally available is a LaserMax GREEN Guide Rod laser...  They actually released statements that it could not be done because of the vastly stronger need for power and therefore size requirements a green guide rod laser would need... and then a year and a half later they did it.

If you are not familiar with this in the least, it is a laser for a Glock or other guns (specific models to specific firearms) that replaces the guide rod assembly, and then puts out a laser beam perfectly calibrated for that firearm.  In the case of the Glock, the little take down nubs on the slide serve as the on-off buttons.  For years they had popular sales with their red models but circa-2010 or so green lasers started taking over the market...

Now they have released a Green model.  I will be saving for one for my Glock 23 soon hopefully and maybe gifting one to my Dad for his Glock 19.

All fine if you gun is a range toy.  If its for HD you probably should not mess with the trigger and springs and such.  IF you ever have to use it for HD the general feeling is lawyers love to go after you for that type of mods.  If you plan to use it for competition in Production for USPSA or SSP for IDPA read the rules before you go making some of the mods you suggested.

I have heard this as well. Not sure I believe it though. Can you show me one instance where a prosecutor went after someone for a modified trigger?

I have the new Ghost 3.5 in my G23 and it made a huge difference. However, I still don't like the gun and it sits in the safe.

I don't think the issue would be with the prosecutor, although I guess it could be.  I think it would happen in the civil suit where the bad guys lawyer comes after all your money that you stopped the bad guy from getting a part of in the first place ;)

I have a g23 that I feel the same way about. I actually even bought a complete gen 4 19 slide to see if I liked it better in 9mm. While it is accurate and reliable I just dont like the gun in either caliber. Doesn't feel right in my hand.

I much prefer my sig, s&w, and hk in that order.

I'd go for a Jager Products Gen4 steel guiderod. I had the polymer one in my Gen2 break, so it was replaced with that. I can't get the link to post properly, or I'd have it here. Google "Jager Gen4" and it should pop up.

I have a g23 that I feel the same way about. I actually even bought a complete gen 4 19 slide to see if I liked it better in 9mm. While it is accurate and reliable I just dont like the gun in either caliber. Doesn't feel right in my hand.

I much prefer my sig, s&w, and hk in that order.

Blake, I'm sort of in your camp.  I have giant hands and the gun just doesn't feel right to me even though I shoot it well enough. My issue is that my full size M&P9 only takes 10 rounds, which is a bummer.  My G19 takes 50% more rounds and that's why it's currently my primary HD gun.  Sure do wish S&W would get around to fulfilling my order for 15 round mags that I placed back in July.  I much prefer that gun and want it to be the go-to.