Barms

Next indoor range design.. longer port walls for the rifle guys..

Oneshot, I hope we can endear ourselves to you and become more of a benefit than just the distance. lol As far as the noise levels, we specifically designed Range 2 to be handgun only for just that reason.  We found that shooters in general have a much better experience in a range where rifles and shotguns are not blaring next to them.  

Brucin, we are working on installing bullet shields to go above the standard black walls.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Honestly I couldn't pass up because the distance was so slight. I imagine i may have joined if it were with in 10 miles of my house. I'm glad i joined ,I enjoy shooting and RTSP makes it that much more possible to shoot more often. The range is beautiful and the staff so far have been more than friendly . The only thing i have a problem with is the selection of guns. There are just way to many to look at and fondle! I have an inability to just look, i generally buy not long after i look, which is what i did. In any event the noise factor is part of shooting in doors. The one good part about being a member and living so close is i can always leave and come back without having to pay again to shoot.

Funny this topic came up and sure enough today I was shooting while another guy was shooting his AR . The concussion like i said is a little much. So i shot up the 100 rounds i had and  left. No big deal.

Ill be going to BA this weekend to shoot. i should NOT have to feel awkward about bringing an AR with me, and i should not FEEL restricted to my pistol just because I only have 3 firearms.....But this thread has made me incredibly aware of how awkward it really is and now at least I know where some shooters stand.......better for me to be aware i suppose

Ill be going to BA this weekend to shoot. i should NOT have to feel awkward about bringing an AR with me, and i should not FEEL restricted to my pistol just because I only have 3 firearms.....But this thread has made me incredibly aware of how awkward it really is and now at least I know where some shooters stand.......better for me to be aware i suppose

Simple debate,no right no wrong .Just different opinions. No need for any awkwardness or any type of rivalry . I respect everyone's right to shoot what they want if the range allows it..

:picknose:

Simple debate,no right no wrong .Just different opinions. No need for any awkwardness or any type of rivalry . I respect everyone's right to shoot what they want if the range allows it..

:picknose:

This. Shoot what you want if the range allows it.

Oneshot, I hope we can endear ourselves to you and become more of a benefit than just the distance. lol As far as the noise levels, we specifically designed Range 2 to be handgun only for just that reason.  We found that shooters in general have a much better experience in a range where rifles and shotguns are not blaring next to them.  

Brucin, we are working on installing bullet shields to go above the standard black walls.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Cindy will be glad to hear that.

Wow... some of you guys are way to sencitive...

If someone wants to shoot an AR indoors, let them.  I will do so occasionally to practice transitions to pistol or to check zero with a 25/50y target.

I will also shoot it if I am taking friend's who have never shot before and want to try it. The shorter ranges make it easier for them to see their hits and the mechanical target return gives them instant gratification and they dont have to wait 'till a cease fire to see their target.  It's fun.

Calm down.

you want noise? try sitting in a duck blind and having 3 shotguns going off( 3 shells each) 2 feet from your head... ear protection does very little when you entire head is absorbing the sound waves. Takes a min to regain your bearings.. but i don't think anything gets me more excited.

An AR indoors is almost child's play in comparison.

^^^ agreed. I had a buddy unload over my shoulder in the boat without warning once. Holy crap! No ear protection either. That sucked. First and last time we brought that guy duck hunting with us.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

This thread has drifted way off base from initial intent. Anybody who is taking this as "no ARs indoors". Please read it again. I shoot my AR indoors. It was about a range suggestion to not have pistol shooters, specifically NEW shooters, not have an atrocious introduction to the sport by having the muzzle blast of a rifle sent to sideways to their face.

It's not just about the noise, it's specifically about muzzle brakes with someone 18 inches away. C'mon, let's not be coy, we know what those brakes do.

If I'm shooting mine indoors I'm certainly not going to stop because someone is next to me I'm just saying if the port wall was longer it would be better. It's an idea.

The OP was trying to point out that it was not conducive  to a good experience for a new shooter. It can be very distracting for a beginner ,making it difficult to concentrate on whats being said or shown. I would have to agree. Shoot whatever the $%&% you want. One of the nice things about RTSP is the dedicated pistol only 15 yard range.

Just keep in mind that you may be discouraging a future pro 2A supporter from continuing the pursuit of gun ownership. Nothing wrong with a little consideration, which is clearly lacking in NJ.

I shoot my rifles indoors because that's what I want to do. I don't care that my rifles are pretty much sited in for 25 or 50 yards. I also don't care that I'm wasting ammo. Ridiculous or not, It's my ammo :-) if the range allows it then they allow it so that people will use it. That's my thought anyway. I had a guy shooting an AR next to me and my wife while we were shooting pistols and the guys brake literally blew my target away as I was clipping a new one. All I could do was laugh. He laughed too when he realized.

That said, I'd love to shoot outdoors at 100+ yards but living in around Hudson county there are no options that aren't hours away. I ask the RO to separate me, but sometimes it just can't happen. Sorry guys :-)