wooly bugger

Where has all the .380 gone?

wooley, shoot Damjans P238 if you can its nice,

why not P938 in 9mm its cheaper ammo

That's my plan exactly. I've gone shooting with him a few times, and we're overdue for another range trip, possibly to include shooting class III at Heritage Guild in Easton.

My ammo search made me reconsider the P938, and I think I may go that way, especially since I plan on getting a P226, as well, so it will be nice to avoid an extra caliber. Do you consider pocket carry with a P938 feasible?

Why is .380 rarer and more expensive than 9mm? I'd expect it to be cheaper, given less lead and powder.

Now that I'm finally taking the plunge into pistols, I'll definitely look into reloading.

They are about the same size and pocket carry is perfect for it, I was going to get a 938 but ended up w/ a XDs 9mm.

I will probably still get a 938 since I still have 2 permits right now.

Clintoon has a 938 and a few other forum members, probably some around your area

It's great for what it's intended role is. It's not a bullseye gun. You aren't going to worry about focusing on breathing and trigger control when and if you need it. It's a pocket gun. You are going to be using it at very close range and probably hopped up with adrenaline. The last thing you will be thinking about is the long double action pull. It's a zero to five yard gun. With a little practice you will be putting shots center mass at 5 yards no problem. What I like about the double action is that if my round doesn't go off I have second strike capability.

Why is .380 rarer and more expensive than 9mm? I'd expect it to be cheaper, given less lead and powder.

It has nothing to do with the amount of powder and lead and everything to do with supply annd demand. 9 mm is the most popular handgun cartridge in the world and tons of it is produced, .380 not so much.

Having submitted my pistol permits, I'm now shopping around and interested in the Sig P238. However, I notice that affordable .380 ACP is nowhere to be found, even though other calibers are availble. Any theories as to why?

It's with all the affordable .22LR ammo - nowhere to be found.

Having submitted my pistol permits, I'm now shopping around and interested in the Sig P238. However, I notice that affordable .380 ACP is nowhere to be found, even though other calibers are availble. Any theories as to why?

Pocket pistols are all the rage. I suppose that's why .380 is less plentiful than we'd like. 

You can get it at Sportsman's Guide for 34 cents/round; try ammoseek.com or armslist.com. I picked up 1500 rounds there about three months ago for 25 cents/round. That's about as cheep as you'll find for a decent-powered round.

I have a p238 by the way...Nice little package but the mag that came with the gun was defective.

Well it usually costs more because less demand, so they have to ahve bigger margins to jsutify making it. 

It also goes away in any shortage scenario because any machine making .380 can make 9mm. Guess which one they wil turn out in a shortage. You must have missed the last .380 shrotage. $50-$70 a box of 20 high quality SD rounds was not uncommon. 

How much is the 380 at Dicks?

Just paid $19.99/box for Remington UMC .380 and CCI Blazer .380 and $21.99/box of American Eagle .380.

Last week I paid $24.99 for a box of Winchester Target (white box) .380.

Still trying to find the best bang for my buck in my new PPK.

Just paid $19.99/box for Remington UMC .380 and CCI Blazer .380 and $21.99/box of American Eagle .380.

Last week I paid $24.99 for a box of Winchester Target (white box) .380.

Still trying to find the best bang for my buck in my new PPK.

But no .22  :(