OchoBlue

Silver & Gold NJ dealers

+1. If anyone can find lower prices than JM Bullion I'd like to know about it. Free shipping too.

I get my gold and silver eagles from jmbullion. Send them a check and you'll get one of the best prices on the web.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Any thoughts on having some gold / silver on hand for a crisis situation ? Can anyone recommend reputable NJ dealers ?

I've thought about this and I do have some silver.  But what good is silver or gold in a crisis situation exactly? If the economy goes really south, gold will be be worthless as well.

Gold will be as useless as paper money, you cant eat it, you cant hunt with it, you cant drink it, and it doesnt give you shelter.

In a real disaster - I would want food, ammo, fuel and water, gold and silver wouldnt be on my list. 

I've thought about this and I do have some silver. But what good is silver or gold in a crisis situation exactly? If the economy goes really south, gold will be be worthless as well.

Gold will be as useless as paper money, you cant eat it, you cant hunt with it, you cant drink it, and it doesnt give you shelter.

In a real disaster - I would want food, ammo, fuel and water, gold and silver wouldnt be on my list.

Silver more than gold, would act as a trading commodity in a long term situation....something that is incredibly unlikely. Realistically it's just a hedge against inflation.

I knew a guy,  back when the hunt bros.  made their move some 20 or 30 years ago that made a fortune in 3 days. I'm talking 3 or 4 mil.  He got a little too greedy and started buying at those inflated prices and quickly lost 2. He sold everything silverware,  candelsticks, whatever.  If you buy now at around 20$ and silver spikes to 50 make your move. Quickly.  Know the number you need and take it.

Back to the OP,  know the spot price and then the sale price over which they are selling.  I've seen 2.49 over spot and .89 over spot  amoungst different bars.  Apmex is on ebay as well with no hit for cc. 

The Brits issue 1/10 oz sovereigns to their fighter pilots who may lose their craft.

SHTF with Sandy.  For the most part the MEN and WOMEN on this site got together and we knew what was going on in our area.  So a good line on info was  important.  We got goods out to our neighbors,  friends, and strangers as well.  The malcontents were out selling 400$ generators for 1600$ .   

Just my .02 in copper, not copper clad.

Called a local coin dealer to inquire about their buy price for gold eagles... Spot! Couldn't believe it. I know it's tough for the small shops to compete, but spot is almost insulting. On the flip side, I bet their premiums to buy are insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey liquid, I believe most people on here think the spot price is the Actual price of gold that minute in the market. Why is that insulting ?

Or am missing something here. Or you're able to source gold BELOW market price ?

Most silver coins are not pure silver, most are 90% and as they wear their weight decreases by a good bit, so buying coins on line for their silver content is a bad bet.  

You are paying a premium for the collectability of the coin and getting less silver to boot.  We all know collectibles are the first thing to drop with the economy. 

If you were really interested in silver - buy bars. 

Hey liquid, I believe most people on here think the spot price is the Actual price of gold that minute in the market. Why is that insulting ?

Or am missing something here. Or you're able to source gold BELOW market price ?

Agree, spot is the market price of gold. But gold eagles trade at a premium, you'll never be able to buy one at spot. As such, when selling a gold eagle, spot would not be a good price to accept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagles are still cheaper than Krugerrands. Never understood why people would pay that small premium. They are all the same weight in gold.

I never got that either. I mean I have bought pandas and others as a play on the coin itself but always buy the cheapest coin when buying bullion.

Never bought a bar though.

Not sure why anyone would think gold and silver will mean anything in a SHTF scenario.

If everything breaks down, I wouldn't give you a box of 22LR or a ham sandwich, even for a pound of gold. 

Gold and Silver only have value in intact economies, even way back when we were all wearing sandals. 

10 oz of silver, fine. If you have the $$$ to buy 10 oz gold bars, do you wanna sponsor a race car or two buddy? ;)

Yes forgot to add the silver part.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Check out Shire silver. They make laminated currency cards with the precious metal inside. Not by denomination but by weight. Instead of a $25 silver piece, they will be in increments of grams.

Mostly a novelty item now but who knows? I think they are on the right track.

Any thoughts on having some gold / silver on hand for a crisis situation ? Can anyone recommend reputable NJ dealers ?

In my experience they are all buying, nobody selling. This could be the biggest opportunity -- or the biggest scam -- in history. 

I just bought 150 oz. (Maple Leafs, rounds, Eagles) from EuroPacific Precious Metals. 

That being said, I'm still trying to think of situations where silver would save me. I'm as likely to be shot, and robbed of everything, if it ever came down to "I'll let you pass, but you have to give me an ounce of silver."

Ideas?

The world has room for mny scenarios beyond zombie apocalypse. Collapsed economies have a lot of room for black and grey markets In which precious metals act a stable medium of exchange when currencies are unstable. That, and the dollar and euro I suppose, but that won't help the US or EU if we head that way.