siderman

vodka question

i was given a bottle of Stoli Cristall for helping out somewhere. later I noticed some stuff hanging around the bottem, looks kinda like snow, light and fluffy not a solid type of sediment. Never saw this before, any clues? cant see a bottle of vodka going bad, weird.

i was given a bottle of Stoli Cristall for helping out somewhere. later I noticed some stuff hanging around the bottem, looks kinda like snow, light and fluffy not a solid type of sediment. Never saw this before, any clues? cant see a bottle of vodka going bad, weird.

Probably a fake bottle: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/220603/Deadly-risk-of-cut-price-fake-vodka-in-shops

"Bottles of vodka should not have any white particles or sediment. If you see this, the vodka has probably been diluted with tap water."

crap.  guess i'm going to dilute it more with my tears as i'm dumping it out :resent:  :

Not necessary.....run it through a Brita filter.

Quite a few of lesser vodkas have had sediment due to unevenly filtered water but still taste fine and there have even been a recent fad of taking inexpensive spirits and running it through filers to improve it's taste and drinkibility.

Quite a few of lesser vodkas have had sediment due to unevenly filtered water but still taste fine and there have even been a recent fad of taking inexpensive spirits and running it through filers to improve it's taste and drinkibility.

nah, just gonna dump it. only a small 375ml bottle. the novelty was being black label cristall, never had it and was going to taste test vs the stoli in the freezer for fun but its a tampered batch so not worth the worry.

That urban myth was busted on Mythbusters. You cannot turn Popov into Grey Goose.

As an aside tip to vodka lovers i used to drink grey goose exclusively then someone turned me onto sobieski. taste is a little different because its made out of a different grain but just as smooth and pure as GG best part, its $20 for a 1.75

As an aside tip to vodka lovers i used to drink grey goose exclusively then someone turned me onto sobieski. taste is a little different because its made out of a different grain but just as smooth and pure as GG best part, its $20 for a 1.75

Sobieski is potato vodka and really very good..

I saw a show I think was it was 20/20 and they did a blind taste test of vodka folks who said they would only drink grey goose and nothing else. Every single one of them chose the non grey goose sample........ and all said it was the best one hands down in the test.

I saw a show I think was it was 20/20 and they did a blind taste test of vodka folks who said they would only drink grey goose and nothing else. Every single one of them chose the non grey goose sample........ and all said it was the best one hands down in the test.

Agreed. I find that vodka drinkers are more about the brand name rather than taste. If you're making cocktails, as long as the vodka is of good quality it should taste fine.