Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

November 10th, national call in sick day.

Did you play it on Normal?   Because I am and while I've died some, it's only been a few times.  Once I got the Power Armor, dying became much less of an issue.

My issue with the first part of the game is the lack of a vendor.   I hauled around so much raider trash with me for so long that I eventually stopped what I was questing for and went to Diamond City just so I could get some caps and some fusion cores.

Did you play it on Normal?   Because I am and while I've died some, it's only been a few times.  Once I got the Power Armor, dying became much less of an issue.

My issue with the first part of the game is the lack of a vendor.   I hauled around so much raider trash with me for so long that I eventually stopped what I was questing for and went to Diamond City just so I could get some caps and some fusion cores.

That's what happens in Fallout - can't carry everything with you... lol.

my power armor died and I have like 60 fusion cores but can't figure out how to use them. I tried transferring them but that won't work. I ditched it in sanctuary. I kept dying from rad by oil well and little town filled with robots. I made in thru the raiders in the big factory, and quit for the night. booting up now

I seriously doubt you have 60 fusion cores.   You Probably have X number of cells.   Cores will automatically go into the power armor if you have them on you.

If you need some, gather up all your junk and go to Diamond city and buy a few from the vendors.  They're like 575 caps each.(I took the buy cheaper perk) so I don't know what it will cost you.

You also need to repair your armor and ultimately upgrade it.  I've got B armor in all but one leg.  I'm short on Aluminum.  I also took an armorer perk, but I don't know how much that affects what you can build on your armor.

I've been running all my loot back to sancuarty, but I recently unlocked the perk to transfer items from every workshop. So after I complete a mission before starting a new one I offload into any established workshop.

If ur gonna play the game and never played fallout before. Read a basic beginners guide. It will save you so much grief. I also barely use the mechsuit unless I have to.

I also won't hesitate to cheat a little, like adding an item if I really need it. But cheating also completely ruins this game. Like malusa, no way I would waste time looking for a small amount of aluminum just to get the last leg of the power suit upgraded. But I wouldn't cheat to upgrade the whole damn thing.

I also won't hesitate to cheat a little, like adding an item if I really need it. But cheating also completely ruins this game.

If you do that, does it stop achievements?  If not, then I might lol cuz I hate shortages.

My loot priority is not like "Take all the kickass guns" anymore - now it's "Ooh duct tape!"

If you do that, does it stop achievements? If not, then I might lol cuz I hate shortages.

My loot priority is not like "Take all the kickass guns" anymore - now it's "Ooh duct tape!"

You still get achievements. Just be careful because you can't undo somethings so always have a save point u can go back to. In order to get achievements back you do need to restart the game, so save and close the game down to desktop and reopen it. That's how the last one was set up, so I'm assuming it's the same.

I've gotten over the resource hump, at least for now.  I'm, level 14 I think.

I was stressing about ammo and such and running out until I decided to go Buford Pusser with a Razor Bat.   When I run the "clean out X area" for the BOS, the bat comes out and the ferals go splat.

I've decided not to cheat, but I'm now at a point where I don't need to really. I've got enough Fusion Cores(I start getting itchy when I'm at 3 or fewer backups).   If I need one, I do a junk run to Diamond City and sell up but I've been finding them pretty regularly now.  

The only situation that was difficult for me was cleaning out the Super Mutants at the Sat array in the BOS quest line.  That took me a while...lure one out, kill it, run.  Rinse, repeat.  Once I got their numbers down to 5 or so, I went Melee.  There was one unique from one of them...a Rifle that sets you on fire.  Kinda fun.   Also, at the top of the one dish there's a nice find.

I've been running all my loot back to sancuarty, but I recently unlocked the perk to transfer items from every workshop. So after I complete a mission before starting a new one I offload into any established workshop.

If ur gonna play the game and never played fallout before. Read a basic beginners guide. It will save you so much grief. I also barely use the mechsuit unless I have to.

I also won't hesitate to cheat a little, like adding an item if I really need it. But cheating also completely ruins this game. Like malusa, no way I would waste time looking for a small amount of aluminum just to get the last leg of the power suit upgraded. But I wouldn't cheat to upgrade the whole damn thing.

What u mean cheat?

What u mean cheat?

Not sure how xbox and ps work, but on PC there is a console(~ button) and you can type in commands that will add specific items into your inventory. There is also a no collision command that has saved me when the game glitched and a door didn't open. And also god mode which gives you infinite everything except for weapons upgrade items. When used correctly cheats can make the game more fun(as in not wasting Hours looking for things) but can also make the game very boring and essentially pointless.

Give me the sales pitch. What' makes special compared to other shooters? Is there any reason to play F3 now that F4 is out? Worth playing on Xbox?

It's not really a fps so much as a fp role playing game with shooting. I still love playing f3 and think you'll enjoy it also. It's not one of those games that go obselete when a new one comes out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The fallout installments are not connected. They are all based on the same concept through, much like far cry. Like Checko said its not a FPS at all, you can actually play the entire game in third person if you want. Its more of a RPG based  game that has a FPS element. There is no set path and no set ending.. at any given time depending on who you have befriended and whom you talked to depends on the tasks you need to complete.