zebra007

Are there any tax write off's for gun owners?

Are there any tax write off's for gun owners?

specifically non law enforcement

I believe if you were training for a new career, expenses such as classes, training, club memberships, specialized equipment can be written off.  If you were training for possibly a change in careers or a part time job as an armed guard would this still apply?  I'll be checking with my accountant next month, but does anyone have first hand knowledge of this?

Generally speaking, it has to be job-specific education related or it hs to be business use only. I cannot deduct suits, or even work boots.

Jersey does, however, have a tax advantage with respect to firearms. Jail is not considered a taxable benefit.

Work apparel?

I've never had to buy uniforms. But my accoutant has poo-poo'd suits, dry cleaning, and steel toe work boots, and showed me why it was not allowed at the time.

Yep. I've been told the same. If the clothing couldn't be worn for other occasions, you could write off the dry cleaning, but if it's a suit you could wear to a wedding, funeral or other occasion, no write off.