1LtCAP

WIRELESS security cameras

wasn't there a recent thread in here about them? i could only find old stuff with the search box.

basically looking for wireless with night vision. i think someone was fucking with my truck overnight, so it's time to get something......and it's parked too far from the house to put a wired camera out on the garage.

thanks guys!

But, game cameras aren't a bad idea. It's reactive. Ergo, truck got messed with, you find out. Now you have vid of crime to give to the pd. Almost same as my system, except, when motion is detected I get a alert. Still reactive in aspects.

Arlo,

By net gear.

The problem is we have not programed them proper yet. And my wife never shuts them off.

And,and and! I shut them off, never turn them back on.

Oh, she is sooo pissed at me.....

This is the problem that I was pointing out in the other thread. You're relying on batteries on a camera that's in a hard to reach location. Thereby the chances of changing/charging said batteries in timely manner is very unlikely.

I am looking for something that I can use inside to keep an eye on the dogs, so it needs to have remote access as well as pan/tilt. Does anyone have any experience with the Foscam? Was looking at the F19821p. It is inexpensive, so maybe not so great?

I run 6+ Foscams. They work fine. Just stay away from the outdoor dome cameras. Useless at night. All others are fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i had someone on another forum suggest the usage of ir flood lights for night vision......

Yea, but you have to disable the built in ones. Then be able to rotate the dome and external source at the same time. They have fixed outdoor that work fine if ptz is not needed.

Do you have them setup for internet access? I want to connect it thru my home wifi for external access with the iPhone app, no pc in the middle.

Thanks

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 6+ Foscams. They work fine. Just stay away from the outdoor dome cameras. Useless at night. All others are fine.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while as well. What got me thinking about it was another post here probably a few years ago now but I never perused it. I do have a security system but still would like to add cameras at some point.

Anyway two quick questions for you it if you don’t mind.  Did you go with wired or wireless? And if you use remote access do you remote into a console view (for lack of better term) to view all you cams or do you remote into each camera separately?

I'd  like to do at least 2 cams, 3 at the most. If I do proceed I’d kind of leaning toward the POE (Power Over Ethernet). I think that might be the best solution for us since camera placement would be nowhere near any power outlets, still kicking it around..

I’ve been thinking about this for a while as well. What got me thinking about it was another post here probably a few years ago now but I never perused it. I do have a security system but still would like to add cameras at some point.

Anyway two quick questions for you it if you don’t mind. Did you go with wired or wireless? And if you use remote access do you remote into a console view (for lack of better term) to view all you cams or do you remote into each camera separately?

I'd like to do at least 2 cams, 3 at the most. If I do proceed I’d kind of leaning toward the POE (Power Over Ethernet). I think that might be the best solution for us since camera placement would be nowhere near any power outlets, still kicking it around..

I went all wired.

I have redundancy with storage and I can remote to either specific camera or all at once.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Anyway two quick questions for you it if you don’t mind. Did you go with wired or wireless? And if you use remote access do you remote into a console view (for lack of better term) to view all you cams or do you remote into each camera separately?

I'd like to do at least 2 cams, 3 at the most. If I do proceed I’d kind of leaning toward the POE (Power Over Ethernet). I think that might be the best solution for us since camera placement would be nowhere near any power outlets, still kicking it around..

I went wireless. There is always power somewhere if you strategically place them. I never tried POE... I hate piggy backing any type of signal if I can.

You can use their software which you can view them all or go a bit more extravagant and use Blue Iris software on your puter.

gimme some info on em. where/how do they store the video? your computers hd? do you have a dvr just for them?

and sorry about the stuff you're going through right now....

They are stored in the cloud. I can download whatever I want.

We needed somthing quick and easy!

Sky is the limit with this stuff. My time constraints and budget led me to these. I have 5

Mrs Zeke and I just need to spend an afternoon tweaking them. She's the smart one.

I'm not going to argue wired is not better.

But, I can move mine around, bring them inside or outside with ease.

I am happy with what they are.

I've also been looking into a system for the outsides of my house. John, how much are you looking to spend? I was looking for basically the cheapest reliable system I could find and came across this: http://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-Wireless-Security-Cameras--Outdoor/dp/B017SD8RWO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1453333609&sr=1-2&keywords=wireless+security+camera+system (that bundle doesn't have the HDD to record, but they do have a bundle that comes with it if you search). Only reason I haven't gotten it yet is because of the reviews. They're split almost down the middle for 1 and 5 stars, and what one person complains about, another raves about. Either the company is very inconsistent, or someone is impatient or and idiot.

I've also been looking into a system for the outsides of my house. John, how much are you looking to spend? I was looking for basically the cheapest reliable system I could find and came across this: http://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-Wireless-Security-Cameras--Outdoor/dp/B017SD8RWO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1453333609&sr=1-2&keywords=wireless+security+camera+system (that bundle doesn't have the HDD to record, but they do have a bundle that comes with it if you search). Only reason I haven't gotten it yet is because of the reviews. They're split almost down the middle for 1 and 5 stars, and what one person complains about, another raves about. Either the company is very inconsistent, or someone is impatient or and idiot.

what i did for now, was to buy a box set of wired from a friend. they're 400 bucks, but he's willing to guarantee i'll be happy with em, and accordingly, he's willing to wait till i hook em up to see if i like em before paying him.