BryanRT360

EPA to ban vehicle modifications

Because it's not legal most of the time....

you're wrong there. the majority of modifications and modification parts sold for cars have already passed CARB testing, which is much more strict than the federal standards. even exhaust cutouts(such as those found on the boss302 from the factory) are behind the cats now.

you're wrong there. the majority of modifications and modification parts sold for cars have already passed CARB testing, which is much more strict than the federal standards. even exhaust cutouts(such as those found on the boss302 from the factory) are behind the cats now.

That's funny so super charges and high flow exhaust pass emissions? Which tune? The one you use once every couple years to get ur car through inspection?

Half my friends can't pass inspection and pay people off for stickers.

But like I said, and I think a few have ignored. I already said it was an over reach, Adding something like a cat back or CAI does not effect emissions enough to care.

No. But the whole argument to me is silly. We will run out of fossil fuels long before we run out of breathable air.

I don't recall "running out of breathable air" being advanced as an argument in the whole fossil fuel/global warming debate.

No. But the whole argument to me is silly. We will run out of fossil fuels long before we run out of breathable air. Want to breath clean air now? Move to the mountains in Colorado. 15rd mags Permitted.

The argument may seem silly to you, except I've heard nothing but subjective opinions in here. I'm not exactly interested in your thoughts unless you have something g to support your position. I'm more concerned with the degradation of ecosystems due to increasing acidicy of the environment.... Which is a global and local problem to places that don't control emissions.

But keep telling me how trees are supposed to do something about that.

The argument may seem silly to you, except I've heard nothing but subjective opinions in here. I'm not exactly interested in your thoughts unless you have something g to support your position. I'm more concerned with the degradation of ecosystems due to increasing acidicy of the environment.... Which is a global and local problem to places that don't control emissions.

But keep telling me how trees are supposed to do something about that.

They don't control emmisions of what? Personal automobiles? Outlawing or banning a few thousand hot rods is not going to make a difference. You need to be looking at the commercial industry. Planes, huge cruise boats, tanker ships, trains, and those millions and millions of trucks delivering all your goods, off road earth movers, and let's not forget about the exploding commercial generator industry.

They don't control emmisions of what? Personal automobiles? Outlawing or banning a few thousand hot rods is not going to make a difference. You need to be looking at the commercial industry. Planes, huge cruise boats, tanker ships, trains, and those millions and millions of trucks delivering all your goods, off road earth movers, and let's not forget about the exploding commercial generator industry.

I get it, you don't think it will make a difference.

I get it, you don't think it will make a difference.

hes right. It's a lot of overreach for minimal returns.

Lt cap will back my up on this, general aviation is still leaded gas, unless it's turbine( jet fuel). I've never seen a cat on a plane. ( catalytic converter yet).

Lt cap will back my up on this, general aviation is still leaded gas, unless it's turbine( jet fuel). I've never seen a cat on a plane. ( catalytic converter yet).

minimal returns is still a difference. Let's not be so subjective here.

New Jersey has already banned any kind of modified vehicle and pretty much every vehicle over about 15 years old.

Ever try to bring any kind of car or truck with a carburetor through inspection? It won't pass unless you change the timing and fuel ratio to the point it runs so bad its undriveable.

It's all about money making. Your old car won't pass so you have to buy a new one witch me and more tax money, more registration money etc...

NJ is just a huge money making machine.

You didn't know that this year any vehicle older than 1995 won't have to to through inspection(Non Comercial)? Also all state inspection stations are closing down? Only gas station inspection will be left.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Inspections/inspection.htm

Is it just me or does it look like if you change the topic a bit you can see the anti's trying to justify gun control...oh excuse me, now they call if gun safety.

They're right. Everybody else is wrong. No talking to them.

I will agree

Is it just me or does it look like if you change the topic a bit you can see the anti's trying to justify gun control...oh excuse me, now they call if gun safety.

They're right. Everybody else is wrong. No talking to them.

I guess anytime we discuss the regulation of anything it has to be somehow comparable to the argument of firearm ownership...

Well shit man, maybe I'll just ignore hunting regs and litter your local water supply with lead shot... I'm sure you would appreciate that.

That's funny so super charges and high flow exhaust pass emissions? Which tune? The one you use once every couple years to get ur car through inspection?

Half my friends can't pass inspection and pay people off for stickers.

But like I said, and I think a few have ignored. I already said it was an over reach, Adding something like a cat back or CAI does not effect emissions enough to care.

if they're CARB and EPA approved, yes they do. and nearly everyone sells them. shit....you can get your brand new 2016 mustang gt with a dealer installed supercharger, without hurting your warranty, and they'll tune it to match the sc.

same with headers, larger exhaust systems, etc. as long as it's got those stamps of approval, and you don't disable any emissions equipment, you're good to go.

there are plenty of tunes available to enhance performance, that are approved. the companies selling them wouldn't still be in business if there weren't.

if your friends cars are failing, they've either gone way too far, or put illegal shit on their cars. my 12 second stang passed emissions easily, despite having had an "X" cam in it(which was not certified)...but she ran on the dyno, and the numbers were well within the limits.

correct. we run 100LL in general aviation aircraft. no pollution control equipment.

the thing is.....if they truly wanted to lower pollution, they'd be going after manufacturing plants, etc......but that's much more expensive.

correct. we run 100LL in general aviation aircraft. no pollution control equipment.

the thing is.....if they truly wanted to lower pollution, they'd be going after manufacturing plants, etc......but that's much more expensive.

I understood that 100LL is already on schedule to be regulated out of existence in a few years:

http://www.aopa.org/Advocacy/Regulatory-,-a-,-Certification-Policy/100LL-avgas-replacement?CMP=HPS.ADV4U

if they're CARB and EPA approved, yes they do. and nearly everyone sells them. shit....you can get your brand new 2016 mustang gt with a dealer installed supercharger, without hurting your warranty, and they'll tune it to match the sc.

same with headers, larger exhaust systems, etc. as long as it's got those stamps of approval, and you don't disable any emissions equipment, you're good to go.

there are plenty of tunes available to enhance performance, that are approved. the companies selling them wouldn't still be in business if there weren't.

if your friends cars are failing, they've either gone way too far, or put illegal shit on their cars. my 12 second stang passed emissions easily, despite having had an "X" cam in it(which was not certified)...but she ran on the dyno, and the numbers were well within the limits.

Not a single carb approved supercharger comes out of my friends shop. They are off road use only ESS superchargers. They offer a tune that will pass inspection, but when you pay the money you do for that kit your not gonna leave meat on the bone with a crappy tune. Most dealer installed performance parts leave a lot of power left with a eco friendly tune.

Who says, yes give me that 7k super charger, now program the tune that keeps me Street legal? Or give me the most power you can with out blowing up the engine.