Lambo2936

"End of the world"/SHTF Ammo: What would you buy?

realistically... if a SHTF scenario really happened... wouldn't the vast majority of us be on the road?  how much ammo could you possibly take with you along with other necessities with your families? 

On the road to where? Do you have somewhere to go?

Somewhere safer? I travel a lot as well so there's a good chance I'd be fighting my way home. Well, depending on what happened at least.

This is depressing

My position on bugging out or traveling anywhere in this type of situation is known to those who read my long-winded posts.

Seems like everybody wants to go somewhere when the shit hits the fan. Like millenials on Friday night. But if you don't actually own property in a "safer" location you're dead. You going to live outdoors on the contents of your bug-out bag?

A guy on here once mentioned having three young children in the same post where he was fantasizing about his Battan-like "sur-vah-val" death march.

Even if you owned a place stocked with food fuel and weapons, unless it's in Montana, wherever you can walk or drive to will be as f****d up as where you're coming from, That is if you're even able to get there. The roads will be clogged. You'll be lucky to reach the outskirts of whatever town you live in, from where you'll never make it back home alive. 

If you live in Newark or any other significant city when this happens save a round for yourself because that end will be preferable to anything the hungry unwashed barbarian hordes have in store for you. 

My position on bugging out or traveling anywhere in this type of situation is known to those who read my long-winded posts.

Seems like everybody wants to go somewhere when the shit hits the fan. Like millenials on Friday night. But if you don't actually own property in a "safer" location you're dead. You going to live outdoors on the contents of your bug-out bag?

A guy on here once mentioned having three young children in the same post where he was fantasizing about his Battan-like "sur-vah-val" death march.

Even if you owned a place stocked with food fuel and weapons, unless it's in Montana, wherever you can walk or drive to will be as f****d up as where you're coming from, That is if you're even able to get there. The roads will be clogged. You'll be lucky to reach the outskirts of whatever town you live in, from where you'll never make it back home alive. 

If you live in Newark or any other significant city when this happens save a round for yourself because that end will be preferable to anything the hungry unwashed barbarian hordes have in store for you.

I'm so glad I live in the middle of nowhere and while my more-remote bug out location is only six miles away, five of those six miles are on country gravel roads and the spot itself is tucked away and can't be seen from any road.

Your situation is rare. Most of us would have to hunker down. Still, it' s such an unlikely occurrence. Aside from a couple of weeks worth of food (storm) I would rather focus on the here and now. There are enough demons in everyday life to worry about. If I had the dough I would rather invest in a summer place that I might actually live to enjoy.

You guys have any suggestions for a .22lr Rifle?

Marlin 795.  

Significantly better rifle than the Ruger 10/22, more accurate out of the box, with advantages the 10/22 doesn't have (like an infinitely better trigger and LBHO), and $50 or so cheaper to boot.

realistically... if a SHTF scenario really happened... wouldn't the vast majority of us be on the road?  how much ammo could you possibly take with you along with other necessities with your families? 

Yeah, the SHTF conversation is typically infantile and silly, the adult male version of play pretend.

I'm all for being prepared for a terrible emergency, but the people who plan on "Bugging out" and yet have 1,384,474 rounds of various ammunition in their basement, as if they can take even a small percentage of that with them are delusional.....or worse.

Early morning rant on bugging out.....

NJ is basically an island. I am in Ocean County. I can bug out to the pine barrens, but so will everyone else. And the resources once I get there would be minimal. Fresh water, yes, but not much else.

The biggest threat I see to my situation is a forest fire. I have had to evac twice in the past 10 years with only 30 minutes notice. That got me thinking about getting my act together in terms of what to bring and where to keep it in the house to be ready.

NJ has 9 million people. Trying to get over one of the bridges into PA would be impossible. I assume that if the SHTF, PA would not take too kindly to 3 million south Jersey folks coming over.

Leaving Middlesex County by car would be a nightmare.

SHTF??? 

1st ya have to consider which scenario

Nuclear?-you're screwed

We live in a hot state. Between Philly, DC, NYC. Where ya gonna go?

Bio-hazard? See above

Power grid? Now you might have a little time before people start to panic. But if it hits like I think it will, the whole grid will be gone for months. You prepared for months?

Zombies? Where ya gonna put all those bodies? Just think of all the flies and rats! You might be able to at least eat the rats.

Unless you have a boat or a plane, you're stuck here. And may be better off. It will get crazy on the road. 

My plan? Have enough food,water, ammo and weapons to protect my family and whats mine where I am for as long as I can. After that, all bets are off.