ECsandstar

Allergy sufferers! Unite!

Well, spring is in full swing(bloom) and so are my allergies. Im sure many others can relate to this so i figured id start a thread. My allergies for the last 2 weeks have been just absolutely insane....and im miserable. Anyone else in my boat? I need to get to an allergist PRONTO!

• Like 1

Allergist changed my life. Went from not being able to breathe to going entire seasons without sneezing or watery eyes. Got shots in each arm once a week to start.Then after a couple months, I'd go once every couple weeks, and eventually, once a month. Best decision I ever made.

I got allergie shots for 16 years and they worked but I could not afford them when I lost my health insurance. I started eating local honey every day and honestly I have even better results than the shots. It took a few months to work for me so it won't help you for this season though

• Like 1

I know it sucks.  I have to have nasal surgery again and because I decided I hate the new ENT and need another I am late having it done. Now allergies in full bloom.  Three different nasal sprays all scripts and they provide minimal benefit.  I do find that sinus washes are helping quite a bit.  Using Neil Med bottle 2-3 times a day, I need to move.

I think I finally got allergies. Never had them before. Need to get checked out either way. I've had congestion for over a month and one eye constantly tearing for about a week. My last doctor told me about a year ago she thought I might be developing allergies but she didn't run any tests and is no expert. I told her it didn't bother me.

I think I finally got allergies. Never had them before. Need to get checked out either way. I've had congestion for over a month and one eye constantly tearing for about a week. My last doctor told me about a year ago she thought I might be developing allergies but she didn't run any tests and is no expert. I told her it didn't bother me.

I was 40.  Sitting in the Dr's office for some other ailment and he said "you're congested". 

I replied that I had had this cold for 2 months and it wouldn't go away. 

"It's not a cold, you have allergies." he said.

"No, I don't have allergies".   I explained.

"Now you do".  He said plainly.

I thought you grew out of allergies not into them.  It's not terrible.  A lot of people have them worse than I do.

I got allergie shots for 16 years and they worked but I could not afford them when I lost my health insurance. I started eating local honey every day and honestly I have even better results than the shots. It took a few months to work for me so it won't help you for this season though

Did the shots, 20yrs ago. I started my nose spray 2 weeks ago.( been doing that for 10 yrs)

Local honey is good.( it's the same principle as the shots).

"They" are saying this could be the worst in 10 yrs....

Did the shots, 20yrs ago. I started my nose spray 2 weeks ago.( been doing that for 10 yrs)

Local honey is good.( it's the same principle as the shots).

"They" are saying this could be the worst in 10 yrs....

yes the honey is the same principal as the shots but a hell of allot cheaper (without health insurance) I use the honey in place of sugar in my coffee and now im so used to it that I don't really like coffee with sugar in it anymore. Im telling you guys give it a try. start eating one teaspoon full (or more) of LOCAL honey every day starting in January I promise you that your springtime allergies will be MUCH less severe. If you have allergies to things other that pollen it will not help. I still suffer from dust and ragweed allergies but I have not even taken any allergy pills or nose sprays this spring. If I could I would have my own bee hives and harvest the honey my self but my wife is allergic so its a no go

yes the honey is the same principal as the shots but a hell of allot cheaper (without health insurance) I use the honey in place of sugar in my coffee and now im so used to it that I don't really like coffee with sugar in it anymore. Im telling you guys give it a try. start eating one teaspoon full (or more) of LOCAL honey every day starting in January I promise you that your springtime allergies will be MUCH less severe. If you have allergies to things other that pollen it will not help. I still suffer from dust and ragweed allergies but I have not even taken any allergy pills or nose sprays this spring. If I could I would have my own bee hives and harvest the honey my self but my wife is allergic so its a no go

Any good places to get local honey?  

Any good places to get local honey?

you might have to search a bit for one around you. The goal is to find a bee keeper that is as close to where you live as possable. I used to get mine from.a organic farm a few miles away but last year I noticed someone about a mile away from my house that had some bee hives in their back yard and knocked on their door. Now I buy my honey from her. Do some Googling and keep your eyes out. There is a supprizing about of bee keepers in urban areas too, my brother lives in jersey city and gets his from someone who has hives on the roof of a building in downtown jersey city

My fiance has recommended i try eating local honey, but i have not done it. I will probably be in search of that this week anyway, just to try it. Im willing to do anything really.

So far i have had some minor luck with Claritin-D during the day and at night i take a prescription allergy medication(levocetirizine dihydrochloride). However, with all the wet weather lately im not sure i can totally attribute the minor relief to the meds. Neither of which have cleared me up completely. I really need to see the allergist again.

For those of you who think allergies just dont happen, ive got news for you! In my younger years (not that im old by any means), i didnt have any allergies. Spring time meant nothing but better weather! Within the last 5 years it has gotten insanely worse and i dread the spring time for this reason.