checko

Glock triggers

So I just picked up a g26 (for $200!) but it was an off duty gun in nyc so it had that ridiculous heavy trigger. I want to switch it to something better, no necessarily the lightest, but something manageable for carry.

Do you have suggestions and is this something I can tackle myself?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It probably has the NY-2 trigger spring in it, about 12#s. Blah!

Switch it back to the factory spring, and the appropriate trigger bar. Factory pull should be between 5 and 6 #s when done. Stick with factory original parts for a carry gun.

Gen3, Gen4, or something else?

• Like 1

So it's best to bring it to a smith? I've done some work on ar's and 1911s but mo really trigger work.

Personally, I wouldn't start doing 'trigger work'. Just install the factory spring and trigger bar appropriate for your pistol. Original factory parts. That will get rid of the ridiculous NYC pull. Then shoot it and see what you think.

Check out the many YouTube videos on changing Glock parts. Then decide if you're up for it , and if not then buy the parts anyway and have a gunsmith install them. 

It takes me about 10 minutes or less to change out those parts. You only need the Glock armorer's tool.

"Trigger work" comes after dissatisfaction with the factory setup. But again, if it's a carry gun, don't get carried away with a light action. 

If it's just for competition or fun, do whatever you feel like.

So I just picked up a g26 (for $200!) but it was an off duty gun in nyc so it had that ridiculous heavy trigger. I want to switch it to something better, no necessarily the lightest, but something manageable for carry.

Do you have suggestions and is this something I can tackle myself?

Just change the trigger spring, firing pin spring, and trigger bar connector back to OEM...easy peasy.

Who would ever bring a glock to a smith for a trigger job???

$20 in parts and you'll have a very nice trigger with. Stick with the stock springs (opposed to zev or other aftermarket) for a carry or SD gun.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

I am new and heard a lot of good things about them just curious as to why not a Zev trigger? 

Im a Glock Armorer. I can do it in 5 minutes if you like.

I am too, he is wrong though - nothing you can do just sell it to me for $250 and make a profit and be done with it   :)  All kidding aside, very easy to fix.  If you don't think you have the skills take him up on his offer.  Glocks are simple to work on with very few parts.  All you need is a few bucks in parts and about five minutes to make this much much better.

Checko, it's cake. Take out the NY spring and install a standard trigger spring. Hell, I have the part for you.

If you are going to carry the gun CCW at all, avoid any kind of lighter springs, but a - trigger connector is OK. Keep in mind the - connector will make the trigger feel lighter and a little musher, the + connector will make it feel crisper but a tad bit heavier. The standard connector does a good job of splitting the difference.

As far as the trigger jobs gunsmiths do and many of the drop-in triggers on the market, you need to be careful. Oftentimes overzealous trigger work disables the firing pin and inertial drop safety.

It's a Glock, not a 1911. The trigger will never be 1911 like. If someone tells you they can make it feel that way, they are lying - I'm looking at you Travis Haley.

• Like 2

I am new and heard a lot of good things about them just curious as to why not a Zev trigger?

Its a liability on a carry /SD gun. First you want to make sure the gun will go bang every single time. Also you don't want to give the prosecutor any ammo to go after you if you ever have to use that gun.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

To be honest I'm not much of a fan of glock in general, but this one does fill a role I wanted and I couldn't pass up the price. After using my gf's g19, the trigger isn't as bad as made out to be.