Pizza Bob

Is This in Our Future?

I read this article this morning...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/welcome-to-the-murder-capital-of-the-world/ar-BBtGbf7?li=BBnb7Kz

...and it made me wonder what the gun laws were like in Brazil. Here's what I found...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Brazil

I see an awful lot of parallels, admittedly in the extreme, but is that where we are headed? I found it interesting that no new gun permits are being issued because the judges say the applicants can't show a justifiable need and there is adequate police protection - and this is for purchase permits. Really scary. 

As an aside - considering the violence and the zika virus, who, in their right mind, would attend the Olympics there. I think I'd pass even if I were an athlete - the IOC had their heads up their a$$es when they made this choice - they may as well have chosen Fallujah.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

While I have not been to Brazil since the mid 1990's I recall when in San Paulo the extreme police and security presence.  If you went into a shopping mall there was a cop or guard at each end of every escalator with a full automatic long gun.  They "made" these places safe with overwhelming policing.  You did not go to places that were not guarded this way.  Very scary.

My son was robbed at what may be a record time on a trip there with his boss. He was in the back seat of a taxi on his way to the hotel from the airport stuck in traffic.A guy on a scooter rolled up, stuck a gun in my sons face and told him to hand over his watch. A Rolex. Now my sons arm was inside the taxi but the window was down. Taxi driver said the air was broken. How did the thief know about the watch? Hmmmm???? I wonder....Taxi driver never looked around or even in the mirror. Luckily my sons boss told him if he wasn't there to see it, he would have had a hard time putting the watch on his expense sheet. So he did get a new watch out of it. 

I particularly like the part in Wikipedia where it said citizens voted against a gun ban, but "The gun ban proposal received broad support in the press, while celebrities were generally in favor of it..." Yep, that just as easily describe the U.S. Lots of parallels.

It's interesting to consider how the shit will eventually hit the fan here in the USA. As I've noted many times we are losing our Constitutional rights by degrees. Story today: fascism with a happy face. I know I know it's not the government so it's not really a 1st Amendment issue but it illustrates how much control these all-knowing, all-loving, money-grubbing one-world fucks have over us. What is today social media policy will become law very soon. Your next president, the money-laundering influence-peddling pathalogically-lying fat ass hag, will see to that.

I don't have anything to do with MS, Twitter, or FB; I am looking for alternatives to Google. Also as noted, gun rights have hit a maximum more or less. They are really the only one of our rights (in most of the country) remaining. But the influx of foreigners and the continued brainwashing of the younger generation don't bode well for the 2nd Amendment. 

So the question is, when the shit does hit the fan, in whatever form that may take, will we be prepared to get through it unscathed? Will we have the tools, namely the rule of law, a free press, and the 2nd Amendment?

My son was robbed at what may be a record time on a trip there with his boss. He was in the back seat of a taxi on his way to the hotel from the airport stuck in traffic.A guy on a scooter rolled up, stuck a gun in my sons face and told him to hand over his watch. A Rolex. Now my sons arm was inside the taxi but the window was down. Taxi driver said the air was broken. How did the thief know about the watch? Hmmmm???? I wonder....Taxi driver never looked around or even in the mirror. Luckily my sons boss told him if he wasn't there to see it, he would have had a hard time putting the watch on his expense sheet. So he did get a new watch out of it.

and this is why people should not wear any jewelry or expensive clothes or anything flashy when traveling in south or central America. It's pretty much asking to get robbed. I even go as far as keeping my wad of cash in my shoe and just 40 bucks I my pocket. When I get robbed I just hand them the 40 bucks, pull my pockets inside out and tell them it's all the cash I got. Worked for me twice so far and I'm sure it will happen again considering the places I travel to.

No one traveled in SA without a bodyguard when we went there for the company.  Picked  up at the airport at the gate and stayed with you until you got on the plane home.  Hong Kong was not that bad (pre-99).

Lol.. I was just being a smart ass....

And i sucked at English in school. Despite it being my native language... Go figure.

From a wiseass(me) to a smartass(you),  I getcha!  

You might have sucked at English, but from what I recall reading of you here at NJGF, you at least know how to use, it, and you use it to make good sense.

Pardon my ignorance, please, what is LAW an anagram for?

If he'd said LAWS I would have gotten it.

Dirty Harry pulled Officer Moore out of the LAWS blast at the demo.

• Like 1

Pizza Bob is right. Wow, the more I read... this was just a TERRIBLE choice to be the Olympic host country. Problems... and then some!

Security concerns... Zika... and now the latest icing on the cake is the antibiotic-resistant super bacteria lurking in the water where Olympic venues are being held (rowing, open-water swimming, etc.)  Seriously nasty stuff. For those who didn't see this yet, Reuters link here: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-superbacteria-exclusive-idUSKCN0YW2E8

It's just so unfair to expect athletes who have sweated and sacrificed so very much to reach that pinnacle of achievement to face all of these serious risks in this (apparently) sewage-infested hellhole. I feel so bad for them. It's really shameful. If a country can't promise an acceptable level of security and safety - they should be immediately screened out of contention for host country status IMO. These "oh don't worry, we'll get it fixed by then" promises are ridiculous! It's enough pressure to build all the venues - it seems crazy to expect a country that can't even provide basic sanitation to meet the grade.