Peter Goldwing

Craig's list

I think you will find this sad story interesting. Like I said I belong to a few motorcycle forums. One of them is GL1800 ( the Honda we ride is 1800 cc 6 cylinder.)

We have a few meet and great over the years and in occasions other non Honda riders join in . Passed summer my wife and I were starting our country tour when the GL1800 group organized a meet and greet . A nice guy, 67 y/o i think attended the meeting, on his Harley Electra Glide. I dont think I ever met him.

On his way home he stopped for the night in a motel. He told his wife that he is going to call her in the AM before leaving the hotel. The call never came and the wife called the police. Everything including his wallet and the bike's key was left behind at the motel but the bike and the guy had vanished.

On the end the cops solved the mystery.

In the middle of the night the guy was awoken by two guys on a pickup truck trying to load his $40,000. bike in the trailer behind the pickup truck. He jumped in the trailer trying to save his Harley but the guys drove away, stopped in a cotton field and beat him to death

Whats my point, before someone ask.

1)The best thing the guy could have done is to call the cops and give them a description of the truck regardless if he had a gun or not

2) If he decided to jump in the trailer a gun could have saved his life.

No Danno we have no thicker skin just as you dont want to be called a thug just because you like guns. Peace

Moral Also is no one will want to steal a Honda.

I'm only kidding

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guns dont make one invincible and sometimes the security it means to deliver might be a false one. Three years ago I traveled to Birmingham from one of my trips. I stopped at a motel and I saw lots of bass boats in the parking lot. I assumed there was a fishing tournament near by.  A few days later I  saw in the news that a guy staying in there heard a noise during the night. He got his gun and went outside to investigate. He was mortally shot in the head . I have never found out if the criminal was ever caught.

Guns dont make one invincible and sometimes the security it means to deliver might be a false one. Three years ago I traveled to Birmingham from one of my trips. I stopped at a motel and I saw lots of bass boats in the parking lot. I assumed there was a fishing tournament near by.  A few days later I  saw in the news that a guy staying in there heard a noise during the night. He got his gun and went outside to investigate. He was mortally shot in the head . I have never found out if the criminal was ever caught.

Maybe you should and your friends should start staying at a better class of motels?

Taylor Ham.

Only Commies say Pork Roll. We used that as a challenge question during the Cold War for you kiddies.

"I love US! Go Go America! Red Socks to win Superbowl! Elanor Roosevelt hubba hubba! Pork roll!"

That's enough out of you, Commie! BANG!!!

I always carry so I guess it's not something I really make a choice about. I only CL'd once and I knew where the guy lived, it was suburban, and he was an engineer. He had his dog out just in case I guess. A goldie, LOL. Plus we can shoot dogs in PA anyway if they threaten you.

• Like 1

I think you will find this sad story interesting.  Like I said I belong to a few motorcycle forums.  One of them is GL1800 ( the Honda we ride is 1800 cc  6 cylinder.)

We have a few meet and great over the years and in occasions other non Honda riders join in . Passed summer my wife and I were starting our country tour when  the GL1800 group organized a meet and greet . A nice guy, 67 y/o  i think  attended the meeting, on his Harley Electra Glide. I dont think I ever met him.

On his way home he stopped for the night in a motel.  He told his wife that he is going to call her in the AM before  leaving the hotel. The call never came and the wife called the police. Everything including his  wallet and the bike's key was left behind at the motel  but the bike and the guy had vanished.

On the end the cops solved the mystery.

In the middle of the night the guy was awoken by two guys on a pickup truck  trying to load his $40,000. bike in the trailer behind the pickup truck. He jumped in the trailer trying to save his Harley but the guys drove away, stopped in a cotton field and beat him to death

Whats my point, before someone ask. 

1)The best thing the guy could have done is to call the cops and give them a description of the truck regardless if he had a gun or not

2) If he decided to jump in the trailer a gun could have saved his life.

No Danno we have no thicker skin just as you dont want to be called a thug just because you like guns. Peace

I have no problem being called a thug or any other name for that matter because:

I'm good enough

I'm smart enough

and doggone it people like me!

• Like 1

I stocked the shit for 7 years when I was younger.... says Taylor PORK ROLL right on the box.

As far as the craigslist transaction, you should feel slightly paranoid going into every transaction with someone you've never physically met in real life before. A co-worker's brother, who was a CO in the county jail, ended up shooting someone trying to rob his cousin during a Craigslist transaction about 5 years ago in Pleasantville. Shit does happen.

Dont make yourself  vulnerable . A few years back I travelled  on  Rt 95.  Late at night I stopped at a well lit gas station in GA. IT WAS DESERTED. While filling up,  out of nowhere a young guy showed up on foot and asked me if I have a few bucks to spare. After " sorry no" he continued to walk towards me insisting.

I put my left hand out as in STOP and I told him not to come any closer while my right hand was in a ready to draw position. Immediately he acknowledged the threat and retreated with " sorry, never mind"

We need a compilation thread of all these stories

Peter Goldwing's Complete Chronicles of Craiglist and Concealed Carry Narratives.....sticky that. 

#craigslistcarrytales.  Get it trending people.

Edit:  Or...  #noAnticPedantics

• Like 3

Dont make yourself  vulnerable . A few years back I travelled  on  Rt 95.  Late at night I stopped at a well lit gas station in GA. IT WAS DESERTED. While filling up,  out of nowhere a young guy showed up on foot and asked me if I have a few bucks to spare. After " sorry no" he continued to walk towards me insisting.

I put my left hand out as in STOP and I told him not to come any closer while my right hand was in a ready to draw position. Immediately he acknowledged the threat and retreated with " sorry, never mind"

And better gas stations.

I grew up on a mickyD breakfast diet, I thought it was called Canadian Bacon?

Blasphemy.....Sir, your Jersey card has hereby been revoked, for both failing to properly recognize (one of) the acceptable name(s) of our "delicious indigenous pork product" and for mentioning the golden arches in the same post.  Hopefully Peter Goldwing runs into you at an abandoned warehouse/gas station in the sketchy part of Eastbumfuck Mississippi while fueling his vehicle during the course of meeting an invincible but slightly paranoid thug of a craigslist seller trying to unload purple AR lowers that are sticky from Nesquick and ballsweat.  

Thread summary complete.

I cleaned toilets at NASA. Can I get you to ride on the test mission for my moon rocket?

Taylor Ham, bitches!

You can say it all you want it still doesn't make it true. Taylor Ham is a company that makes Pork Roll. Until you produce a package that says Taylor's Ham only or Taylor Ham Taylor Ham (makes no sense) you are wrong.

• Like 2

Blasphemy.....Sir, your Jersey card has hereby been revoked, for both failing to properly recognize (one of) the acceptable name(s) of our "delicious indigenous pork product" and for mentioning the golden arches in the same post. Hopefully Peter Goldwing runs into you at an abandoned warehouse/gas station in the sketchy part of Eastbumfuck Mississippi while fueling his vehicle during the course of meeting an invincible but slightly paranoid thug of a craigslist seller trying to unload purple AR lowers that are sticky from Nesquick and ballsweat.

Thread summary complete.

http://jerseyporkroll.com/about/

The product is generally eaten sliced and grilled, like Canadian bacon. Canadian Bacon was coined in the mid 1800's.

Where “Pork Roll” was marketed as both “Taylor’s Pork Roll” and “Trenton Pork Roll”. Yes, it's named after the same town where the great firearm laws come from. So a vote for "pork roll" is a vote for 10 round magazines.

• Like 1

Blasphemy.....Sir, your Jersey card has hereby been revoked, 

Can you revoke mine?  Or is there somewhere I can voluntarily surrender it?

• Like 1

You can say it all you want it still doesn't make it true. Taylor Ham is a company that makes Pork Roll. Until you produce a package that says Taylor's Ham only or Taylor Ham Taylor Ham (makes no sense) your wrong.

"your wrong?" LOL, that's funny. You're a Commie, I know how to spell "you're," I'm quite right, and Taylor Ham, bitches!

Who wants to be my next bitch?

"your wrong?" LOL, that's funny. You're a Commie, I know how to spell "you're," I'm quite right, and Taylor Ham, bitches!

Who wants to be my next bitch?

Ooh spell check changed it. You're such a genius. You've just been hiding it this whole time. I knew it.

Taylor Ham.

Only Commies say Pork Roll. We used that as a challenge question during the Cold War for you kiddies.

"I love US! Go Go America! Red Socks to win Superbowl! Elanor Roosevelt hubba hubba! Pork roll!"

That's enough out of you, Commie! BANG!!!

I always carry so I guess it's not something I really make a choice about. I only CL'd once and I knew where the guy lived, it was suburban, and he was an engineer. He had his dog out just in case I guess. A goldie, LOL. Plus we can shoot dogs in PA anyway if they threaten you.

You can shoot dogs in PA if they're chasing deer too. Always thought that was a crazy law. But it's legit I looked it up.

You can say it all you want it still doesn't make it true. Taylor Ham is a company that makes Pork Roll. Until you produce a package that says Taylor's Ham only or Taylor Ham Taylor Ham (makes no sense) you are wrong.

Taylor Ham! Order by brand name. Because anything else is just some shitty pork roll. In North Jersey, we all know this. That's why we don't acknowledge inferior pork roll.
  • Like 1

Taylor Ham! Order by brand name. Because anything else is just some shitty pork roll. In North Jersey, we all know this. That's why we don't acknowledge inferior pork roll.

show me the package you northern communist. I'm going to eat 10lb of PORK ROLL and then come up to Sussex and clog toilets like crazy so you can get some extra OT to buy the good shit......pork roll. Lmao
  • Like 3