Peter Goldwing

Craig's list

I decided to buy an used leaves and brush chipper and I found one in a Craig list add about 40 minutes from my house in Lake Mary  FL.

I know the general area as being desolated with farms  and houses far in between. The machine was described as almost new  for just $120.00 I called the guy up and he said I could be there in about an hour.

In occasions like this Im very cautious. Craig List had a lot of crime done by attracting people with a low price or the crook coming to your place to see your goods. Monroe Twp recognizes that   people could endanger themselves in such events and established a parking lot under video surveillance.

So my wife and I,  both packing, went in there. I told her not to get out of the car and after pulling in the back of the house as I was asked over the phone I parked the SUV and trailer a bit away from the storage  shed and I met the guy at the door.

The deal went fine and  the owner showed us a great collection of antics.

We are not paranoid  regarding crime but for sure dont want a hunter to go pissing in the woods and find our bones.

I decided to buy an used leaves and brush chipper and I found one in a Craig list add about 40 minutes from my house in Lake Mary  FL.

I know the general area as being desolated with farms  and houses far in between. The machine was described as almost new  for just $120.00 I called the guy up and he said I could be there in about an hour.

In occasions like this Im very cautious. Craig List had a lot of crime done by attracting people with a low price or the crook coming to your place to see your goods. Monroe Twp recognizes that   people could endanger themselves in such events and established a parking lot under video surveillance.

So my wife and I,  both packing, went in there. I told her not to get out of the car and after pulling in the back of the house as I was asked over the phone I parked the SUV and trailer a bit away from the storage  shed and I met the guy at the door.

The deal went fine and  the owner showed us a great collection of antics.

We are not paranoid  regarding crime but for sure dont want a hunter to go pissing in the woods and find our bones.

I like antics...like goofy antics  ...also shenanigans.....pranks, that sort of thing.  What did he show you?

• Like 4

I just wanted to relate you some of of my experiences but some of you only got the  misspelling mistake and made fun of it. In ALL the bike forum thats a no-no. People in there are harsh on the ones making any fun of a member. If the trend continues I'm out of here as I find plenty of people to be nasty to me in road traffic .

• Like 1

I just wanted to relate you some of of my experiences but some of you only got the  misspelling mistake and made fun of it. In ALL the bike forum thats a no-no. People in there are harsh on the ones making any fun of a member. If the trend continues I'm out of here as I find plenty of people to be nasty to me in road traffic .

Did he have any coloring books, too?

Relax dood, folks are just horsing around. No disrespect meant.

They are just jealous OP or don't understand in a free state you have the option to carry a firearm when going to meet a stranger.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jealousy is that unpleasant emotion you feel when you think someone’s trying to take what’s yours

Wanting what someone else has and resenting them for having it is envy.

​We are envious not jealous.

• Like 1

Jealousy is that unpleasant emotion you feel when you think someone’s trying to take what’s yours

Wanting what someone else has and resenting them for having it is envy.

​We are envious not jealous.

Ok envious it is

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think you will find this sad story interesting.  Like I said I belong to a few motorcycle forums.  One of them is GL1800 ( the Honda we ride is 1800 cc  6 cylinder.)

We have a few meet and great over the years and in occasions other non Honda riders join in . Passed summer my wife and I were starting our country tour when  the GL1800 group organized a meet and greet . A nice guy, 67 y/o  i think  attended the meeting, on his Harley Electra Glide. I dont think I ever met him.

On his way home he stopped for the night in a motel.  He told his wife that he is going to call her in the AM before  leaving the hotel. The call never came and the wife called the police. Everything including his  wallet and the bike's key was left behind at the motel  but the bike and the guy had vanished.

On the end the cops solved the mystery.

In the middle of the night the guy was awoken by two guys on a pickup truck  trying to load his $40,000. bike in the trailer behind the pickup truck. He jumped in the trailer trying to save his Harley but the guys drove away, stopped in a cotton field and beat him to death

Whats my point, before someone ask. 

1)The best thing the guy could have done is to call the cops and give them a description of the truck regardless if he had a gun or not

2) If he decided to jump in the trailer a gun could have saved his life.

No Danno we have no thicker skin just as you dont want to be called a thug just because you like guns. Peace

• Like 1

Peter golding- welcome to the forum and just roll with the ball busting it's all in good fun. The real question is what do you call it? Pork Roll or Taylor ham?

Peter, Just keep in mind no matter how you answer the PORK ROLL question, someone from either side will likely label you a communist.   Chances are  it will probably be one of those low-down-no-good-dirty-scum-sucking Taylor Ham-ers.    Like this guy  ▼▼▼▼▼

• Like 3

Lmao this thread. Can we start a thread of the year award for 2016? I have a couple I'd like to nominate

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I second this. Also "OP" of the year 2016.  Resident XXXXXX of the year. I like to nominate few people and threads too. 

• Like 1