Averagejoeshmo

Paintball gun for self defense?

An FN 303 WILL get the job done. There are multiple rounds available that will stop an intruder in his tracks. Forget the pepper stuff., There are much better rounds available. I dont know if it will buy any more time to get your real gun... but they hurt...bad.

:facepalm: Handgun rounds regularly fail to stop bad guys before they kill good guys. The FN303 WILL NOT stop a bad guy in his tracks consistently enough to rely on it to keep you or your family safe.

I am sure it was, but I wanted to let people know that there ARE paintball guns that WILL stop people.

False.

Nothing that relys on solely on pain for compliance, including rounds from a firearm that don't hit something critical, will stop someone that doesn't care about pain in their tracks.

Putting all other issues - legal, procedural, and tactical - aside for a moment and say, less-lethal was a good choice for HD (hint, it's not) - I *might* try a 40mm impact round if I was trying real hard to not have to kill someone that needed killing, but I would have lethal cover and a plan on what to do next when the round failed.

Yup, That was in Boston.

Someone was killed with a knife, a bat, a toaster, and a pair of rollerblades the same week. You going to use them for HD?

Yes, the potential to kill is there with any less lethal projectile. That doesn't mean it's the right choice for HD.

Have you ever used one? I have. It has a niche role in use of force options - and it isn't to replace deadly force.

You want to use an FN303 (we haven't even talked about where to get one and ammo for it as a non-LEO, or the fact that the projectiles are fin-stabilized and won't work in a paintball gun) good luck. It's your life, your family, your choice.

I dont need a pissing match on what can and will, but a women was just killed with one not too long ago So saying:" totally not true" is total bullshit.

You can be killed by falling in your bathtub. So should we all were helmets when showering?

Yup. And if that's the case, you need to work around it.

Marriage is a partnership and people have strong feelings about guns in their homes. A compromise needs to be reached. If that compromise is not conducive to having a firearm handy to defend hearth and home, then a new plan needs to be developed. That sounds like what the OP is in the process of doing. Unfortunately, this idea should be a no go - so back to the drawing board.

Personally, a combination of reasonable security (inaccessible and/or inoperable) and thorough education (for everyone in the household) would be in order.

• Like 4

Yup. And if that's the case, you need to work around it.

Marriage is a partnership and people have strong feelings about guns in their homes. A compromise needs to be reached. If that compromise is not conducive to having a firearm handy to defend hearth and home, then a new plan needs to be developed. That sounds like what the OP is in the process of doing. Unfortunately, this idea should be a no go - so back to the drawing board.

Personally, a combination of reasonable security (inaccessible and/or inoperable) and thorough education (for everyone in the household) would be in order.

In your case I'd go biometric.

Let's face it, someone breaking into your home doesn't wanna play paintball.

You don't know that for sure.

• Like 1

Kids are 5, 10 ,and 11

And they are smart, smarter ,and borderline evil genius so my wife doesn't want anything loaded.

One of the drawbacks of intelligent children is that boredom is their enemy and they love a good challenge. Sometimes it leads to them doing things that they know they shouldn't be doing. A biometric safe will not keep out a motivated kid: