Bklynracer

Background checks for Truck and Vans..Could it happen

I know it's out there, but think about it. If these terrorists keep up with using vans, trucks to harm people, will we need to get permits or back ground checks to buy/rent vans and/or trucks. We need permits and background checks to by a handgun because some call it a weapon used to kill.  Could this happen in the future here or other countries

Sent from my iPad

Of course it can. Liberals and Neo-Cons love excuses to take away civil liberties. Once we put security over liberty we have lost and the terrorists have won. Already we have done so with the Patriot Act and having police in full military gear and automatic weapons in the streets. We need to arm the populace. The police can not protect us.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seems a bit far fetched.....any vehicle can be used as a weapon....and unlike a firearm that is usually locked in a safe, anyone can steal a vehicle that was permitted or checked to use in a crime. It would be virtually impossible.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Gents, 

i am fortunate enough to own a trucking company that does business pretty much across the country.  During the time after the nice attacks we were contacted by DHC. This was the communications omto my many clients:

"Gents, 
We were visited by two agents from the Department of Homeland Security today. The unannounced visit was to do a cursory "audit" of our rental agreements with our 7 truck rental providers. It was a preliminary contact visit due to some credible threats they believe could spur attacks using trucks similar to Nice France, during the holiday season in Manhattan. The purpose of the visit was to put us on notice that rentals of "van" body trucks will be strictly vetted beginning the 21st of November through the first week of 2017. 

We were one of the first visited since we hold several "hazardous" materials permits that require background checks and security clearances. We were given a contact number for us to call prior to attempting to rent any vehicles beginning next week. They were very clear in  explaining  that they will not necessarily approve all rentals. All outstanding rentals have to be returned this weekend and reprovisioned on Sunday.we currently do not have any in this area. 

We do not foresee any problems. But we wanted to inform you of the situation. We were asked to keep the information on a need to know basis and I explained that we needed to inform the leadership at our clients. They agreed begrudgingly. We ask that it doesn't become common knowledge as most of my staff does not know and we are compartmentalizing this information. 

We are in a new world gentlemen. I'm hardly ever surprised but this was unexpected. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed for an uneventful holiday season. 

Regards, 

Walter"

It already happening in the back ground. Also happening is monitoring flow of certain materials.  Just not widely published thing like NICS. 

Mark my words, TSA will get into screening at the train stations, bus stations, shipping, and transportation checkpoints. When it becomes widespread, there will be unfortunate implications to personal freedoms, just like its happening with 2A. But something tells me that People will eat it up as "in the name of children & saving lives". 

10 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

It already happening in the back ground. Also happening is monitoring flow of certain materials.  Just not widely published thing like NICS. 

Mark my words, TSA will get into screening at the train stations, bus stations, shipping, and transportation checkpoints. When it becomes widespread, there will be unfortunate implications to personal freedoms, just like its happening with 2A. But something tells me that People will eat it up as "in the name of children & saving lives". 

What is your solution?

• Like 1

Wow....I stand corrected for the vetting part but in theory anyone can steal a truck off a lot to use for a crime. No vetting necessary. Or they can just buy a used truck from any dealer that wants to make a sale without being vetted.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

What is your solution?

Any current solutions are nothing more than "feel good" steps. What they do only infringes on civil liberties and stop no committed believer that is willing, nay—planning,  to die.

This is not a problem of security, it is a problem of ideology. Not Islamist ideology, but progressive ideology. We have in the EU a permissive "the more the merrier" mindset that has sown the seeds of jihad. 

It is interesting that some progressives here decry the building of a border wall. Some compare it to living in east Germany before the wall was taken down. They forget that they build walls to keep people in. We build them to keep people out. Additionally, there are at least 3 European countries currently building fences to control the "refugee's" unimpeded access to their countries. 

While we try to see these Islamists through 21st century lenses, they look at us through medieval sensibilities. Until we take off these lenses, we are nothing more than sheep waiting for the slaughter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Any current solutions are nothing more than "feel good" steps. What they do only infringes on civil liberties and stop no committed believer that is willing, nay—planning,  to die.

This is not a problem of security, it is a problem of ideology. Not Islamist ideology, but progressive ideology. We have in the EU a permissive "the more the merrier" mindset that has sown the seeds of jihad. 

It is interesting that some progressives here decry the building of a border wall. Some compare it to living in east Germany before the wall was taken down. They forget that they build walls to keep people in. We build them to keep people out. Additionally, there are at least 3 European countries currently building fences to control the "refugee's" unimpeded access to their countries. 

While we try to see these Islamists through 21st century lenses, they look at us through medieval sensibilities. Until we take off these lenses, we are nothing more than sheep waiting for the slaughter. 

Arm and Train the populace.

Identify

Clearify

Rectify

Just now, Bklynracer said:

There really is no fool proof solution. Just hope they (cops, government) can get intel on who is planning something and try to stop it before it happens. 

Give the sheep fangs and claws,no lone wolf would prey on the flock