45Doll

Professional Gun Cleaners Come To You

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

There is nothing wrong with cleaning your tools/toys, etc. I’d like to think you clean your manhood after each sexual encounter, no? emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta clean that thing too?....
Anyway, I don't have to clean my manhood either...I transferred ownership of that when I got married.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I don't know where people got this idea a gun needs a "full detail strip" on a regular basis.

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience. Can't dispute that.

I got the idea from the instructors at the Glock and Sig Armorer's courses. One was an ex-LE armorer. The other was ex-military and a shooting competitor.

34 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience. Can't dispute that.

I got the idea from the instructors at the Glock and Sig Armorer's courses. One was an ex-LE armorer. The other was ex-military and a shooting competitor.

I never heard that when I went to the Glock course.  They endorsed flushing their guns out with Gun Scrubber then.

Over 40 years with the military and over 30 years in law enforcement and I never heard anyone advocate a "full detail strip" on a regular basis.

Some guns need some springs replaced periodically.  But they all show symptoms before they fail.

Even if you know what you're doing and use the right tools the gun will undoubtedly be damaged over repeatedly taking it all apart.

Just my experience FWIW.

I would agree with you that needlessly detail stripping without a definite reason is probably not a good idea.

Glocks not so much, but definitely with Sigs. Driving the roll pins in and out repeatedly only makes them looser. I realized that after learning on the guns in the course (which had been torn down and reassembled who knows how many times). When I came home and took down one of my 220s, a completely different experience. Much tighter all around.

Personally I don't do it often. But I know that without any practice at all it's a skill I will eventually lose.

1 hour ago, sota said:

If I showed that to the wife I'd probably be sleeping in the guest room again for a couple nights.

Brb...

Funny I just copy and pasted that into a text to my wife.  She laughed and commented that I’m lying about cleaning my guns.  I replied in a perfect world you’d clean those while waiting for my laundry to dry.   At that point, based on the response, I may have gone over the line.  

• Like 3

I would happily pay someone $55 to clean my Enfield No4 Mk2 that I removed from the wrap but haven't touched since.

Funny I just copy and pasted that into a text to my wife.  She laughed and commented that I’m lying about cleaning my guns.  I replied in a perfect world you’d clean those while waiting for my laundry to dry.   At that point, based on the response, I may have gone over the line.  

I taught my youngest to clean my rifles after the range. She still works cheap at $2 per. Though she won't touch the cosmoline covered ones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I would happily pay someone $55 to clean my Enfield No4 Mk2 that I removed from the wrap but haven't touched since.

I taught my youngest to clean my rifles after the range. She still works cheap at $2 per. Though she won't touch the cosmoline covered ones.

Ahh mine are all out of the house. Enjoy it while it lasts.