1LtCAP

the Purge

''This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all.''

apparently it's a series on syfy. first episode on right now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Movies as well.  First one wss interesting. 

Never made it all the way through sequel.  And there may be a third installment as well as a "prequel".  

there's 3 purge movies now I think. the purge, the purge:anarchy,  and the purge: election year. my understanding is that there's another about to be released......the first purge I think. 

I had no clue it was being made into a tv series though. 

16 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Actually, the movie was awesome. But, what the heck with immunity for government officials? Isn't everyone fair game?

in the purge: election year, they took away that immunity. 

mom was scrolling the tv listings, saw that, and read the description. for a second, I think she thought it was serious, as she goes …..that's not legal, is it? so I had to explain the movie to her. and I explained that higher up politicians were immune. her response? the politicians are the ones that need to be purged. I was both shocked and impressed, lololol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

So how was the first episode? Worth checking out?

it was a little slow. leading up to the purge. the majority of the episode was people prepping for the night of the purge. a bus load of loonies being sacraficed to some to purge on. a cop looking for his sister. a bunch of rich people at a "safe" party. i thought i caught at least 1 attempt to relate this to the current administration. i'll wait'll you guys see to see if you catch it too.

15 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I have one question. Why would they want to kill Taxpaying citizens. ?

it is their right to purge

''This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government.''

apparently it's a series on syfy. first episode on right now. 

Damn, you mean that was only an ad for a show? Uh oh.

If they find my ex-wife, I’m going to have some explaining to do.

Four movies already out.

The Purge - Eh, typical thriller movie.Nothing crazy.

The Purge: Anarchy - Meh. Not shocked by how things went. Probably how it'd happen in real life.

The Purge: Election Year - Actually half decent. Exactly how I'd expect things to go.

The First Purge - The prequel. Probably my favorite of the four. Basically outlines EXACTLY how and why this would occur. Most realistic of them all.