Maksim

So where is Everyone a member of?

Rscalzo, were you a member of the committee

Not of that club. I started as one of their Junior Members back in the mid 60's when they hosted the PAL Rifle Club. Those were during the days before the roof.

Most thought the town bought it but it was bought by the Hackensack Meadowlands Developement Comm. as a environmental area and given to the town. The Mayor wanted the property but was never against the range. But by the time the town took the area over, the range was falling down and barely adequate for it's intended use. I can't blame the club as they weren't going to put large sums of money into the improvement if they were going to be moved out. they were on a monthly lease for more than a few years. They were willing to finance a new range in town if they could get a long term lease on property but anything that was available was just too valuable.

Back in the late 60's they had some of the best shooters and gunsmiths in the east coast hanging out there. We had some well known people as members. When Robert Goulet was on Broadway, he was a frequent visitor.

I still remember Bill Engle shooting off his cannor as a signal to start the matches.

Quintion sportsmens club, south Jersey.

We have some 1,400+ members, key pad gate so you can come and go as you please.

Fee's are $85 a year.

Take a look.

http://www.quintonsportsmensclub.com/

Looks like a very very nice club. Reasonable dues, 200m outdoor rifle, 100m outdoor pistol. Sweet.

I'm a member of Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro. I hear some people giving Bob's a bad rap, but I've never had a bad experience there. I rarely have to wait for a lane, even when things are busy.

I'm a member of Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro. I hear some people giving Bob's a bad rap, but I've never had a bad experience there. I rarely have to wait for a lane, even when things are busy.

That is quite awesome to hear. Over time the true average will come out. the great part, we still have more than one place to go shoot.

That is quite awesome to hear. Over time the true average will come out. the great part, we still have more than one place to go shoot.

That is why I like this forum. Everyone has an opinion and you get to hear more than 1 about anything as it relates to our state.

Very, very nice place. family oriented - swimming/fishing/boating lake, camp ground w/ access to Salem River, pistol, rifle, trap, skeet, archery and air rifle ranges. Pic nic area near swimming. Spring fed lake.

Only downside for me is that it is a 35 min. drive at highway speed down 295 from Gloucester Co. Many times I am the only one there on 170 acres! Awesome.

Very, very nice place. family oriented - swimming/fishing/boating lake, camp ground w/ access to Salem River, pistol, rifle, trap, skeet, archery and air rifle ranges. Pic nic area near swimming. Spring fed lake.

Only downside for me is that it is a 35 min. drive at highway speed down 295 from Gloucester Co. Many times I am the only one there on 170 acres! Awesome.

Holy crap :o

You are complaining about a 35 min drive in NJ!?

Man, you have it made in the boonies ... enjoy!

yeah, we have it made in the boonies. lol.

but the traffic is reallly bad here... all you people, stay north of exit 10.... there is nothing to do and nothing to see here.

for those in the philly area... you really dont want to go into south jersey... stay on your side of the river.

HAHA I was thinking the same thing when I read that - aside from BulletHole which is luckily only 15 minutes away (but is unfortunately almost always packed), everything is atleast an hour away from me (assuming I can go 75 the whole way and don't hit traffic :lol:)

HAHA I was thinking the same thing when I read that - aside from BulletHole which is luckily only 15 minutes away (but is unfortunately almost always packed), everything is atleast an hour away from me (assuming I can go 75 the whole way and don't hit traffic :lol:)

Cherry Ridge should be just shy of an hour for you.

Actually, you're right. I just check and google maps has me about an hour away. For some reason I thought it was further away. It's only like 30-35 miles from me, so not sure why it would take an hour, but I may just have to check it out now :)

That's kind of my problem I think - there are 3-4 places that are about an hour to an hour and half away, and they all offer something a little different. Decisions decisions

Actually, you're right. I just check and google maps has me about an hour away. For some reason I thought it was further away. It's only like 30-35 miles from me, so not sure why it would take an hour, but I may just have to check it out now :)

That's kind of my problem I think - there are 3-4 places that are about an hour to an hour and half away, and they all offer something a little different. Decisions decisions

Traffic up route 23 will make that 35 miles into 55 minutes. We've got at least 3 NJGF members who are members at Cherry Ridge. Make an 'all call' when you want to go up and chances are someone will take you through.

Traffic up route 23 will make that 35 miles into 55 minutes. We've got at least 3 NJGF members who are members at Cherry Ridge. Make an 'all call' when you want to go up and chances are someone will take you through.

It used to take me 50 minutes from Weehawken to Cherry Ridge before 9 AM have to beat the traffic mall in Wayne. Before Route 23 was built it made my trip easier.