Sign in to follow this  
The_Matrix

Machineguns

A starter Class III runs in the area of $7000. For that price what you get is not impressive. A transferable M16 runs in the neighborhood of 15K. Ammo costs are not for the faint of heart. The number of legally transferable Class III items is very small. Supply and demand at work

Here are some recent sales in the area .

http://www.amoskeag-auction.com/ClassIIIsales.html

Few places actually allow full auto unrestricted. Many up here reserve certain dates for their use. After a death involving a class III firearm in the area some restrictions were applied to their use.

A starter Class III runs in the area of $7000. For that price what you get is not impressive. A transferable M16 runs in the neighborhood of 15K. Ammo costs are not for the faint of heart. The number of legally transferable Class III items is very small. Supply and demand at work

Here are some recent sales in the area .

http://www.amoskeag-auction.com/ClassIIIsales.html

Few places actually allow full auto unrestricted. Many up here reserve certain dates for their use. After a death involving a class III firearm in the area some restrictions were applied to their use.

Not Really Rich, i've seen Tube-built Stens, and Cobray Macs for under $5K. The PROBLEM in NJ, much like with CCW, is that while Statutorily it's POSSIBLE to get an NFA firearm, in reality they hurdles and hoops are so great that it's is a De Facto ban. One little tidbit that most people aren't aware of. Let's say you have a good enough relationship with your CLEO, and find a Judge willing to sign off on you. If you do NOT reside in the same town you would be shooting in, you would need another CLEO signoff for EACH municipality you had to travel through fom your place of residence to where you intend to shoot. And, if let's say you wanted to shoot in out-of-state matches, you'd need those signoffs for each Municipality between you and the Border, and all it would take is ONE Chief to say Nope, Piddle off, and you're screwed.

5K for a firearm that originally cost about $10.00.

I've seen some MAC series but they aren't highly valued up here. The entry level is usually a Mini-14 and after having them in our department you couldn't give me one on them. If they weren't jamming, the receivers were cracking. One of our new club members just bought a MP5. Two friends have BAR's and one has a MG42. Higher end of the scale though.

It's a rich man's hobby. Plus most clubs restrict them. We can't afford someone putting rounds over the backstop. That will get the club closed instantly. Way too many think they are easy to fire accurate which is the reason any class III events have stringent orientations prior to actual firing. The high profile death in Pelham, MA caused the hobby to take a hit last year. I just never saw the need. After firing some full auto bursts the thrill wears off quickly. and that was with the department buying the ammo. when it comes out of my pocket I really don't want to get into it.

We do have a public indoor range that rents full auto. Cost is high but many just want to try it once.

The Uzi was the firearm used in the death of a child here in MA. Very uncontrollable in FA by the untrained. Renting FA to just anyone off the street is not very bright. The range up here that does so does not have the best reputation in the state by any means.

5K for a firearm that originally cost about $10.00.

I've seen some MAC series but they aren't highly valued up here. The entry level is usually a Mini-14 and after having them in our department you couldn't give me one on them. If they weren't jamming, the receivers were cracking. One of our new club members just bought a MP5. Two friends have BAR's and one has a MG42. Higher end of the scale though.

It's a rich man's hobby. Plus most clubs restrict them. We can't afford someone putting rounds over the backstop. That will get the club closed instantly. Way too many think they are easy to fire accurate which is the reason any class III events have stringent orientations prior to actual firing. The high profile death in Pelham, MA caused the hobby to take a hit last year. I just never saw the need. After firing some full auto bursts the thrill wears off quickly. and that was with the department buying the ammo. when it comes out of my pocket I really don't want to get into it.

We do have a public indoor range that rents full auto. Cost is high but many just want to try it once.

Bet you didnt mind those Original, 3-digit SN Armalites in your armory though.... Roa's kid brought one down to NOLA during Katrina.

It was fun for the first few minutes but we never had a range that would allow the use. I would bring it up to Bergen County PA when I taught but beyond that it had very little use. Same for the lousy Mini-14's we had after the AR was traded. At least now we can fire anything we want at the North Arlington range.

Could you imagine what that M16 would be worth on the class III market today? We could trade it in for a new marked unit.