Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Manasquan man accused of killing goose goes on trial.

Seriously, wtf. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/ ... n+his+deck

these geese attack my girlfriend daily as she walks to the train station, they crap all over our office parking lot. They breed more than any welfare loving familly, lol. ok, sorry, but seriously.

Read some of those comments there. I dont hunt, nor do I believe in animal cruelty, but this is nuts.

Maksim, that's not the worst of it. I heard on 101.5 (Dennis Malloy) that they actually did a CSI on the goose and tied the pellet to his gun. This is indisputable proof that there are way too many people in law enforcement in NJ with not enough real work to do. Even by NJ standards, this is way over the top.

Maksim, that's not the worst of it. I heard on 101.5 (Dennis Malloy) that they actually did a CSI on the goose and tied the pellet to his gun. This is indisputable proof that there are way too many people in law enforcement in NJ with not enough real work to do. Even by NJ standards, this is way over the top.

You have to be kidding!!!!

Fish and Wildlife/ASPCA are there ONLY FOR this kind of stuff. Not that I agree, but i doubt any local, municipal agency was playing NCIS'S Ducky with the dead goose.

Not that I agree, but i doubt any local, municipal agency was playing NCIS'S Ducky with the dead goose.

Dude, that is the post of the year. NCIS Ducky. Classic!

Occasionally i come up with a good one Mak.

we have been chasing geese out of the marina so i know where the guy is coming from by shooting the goose.

they make a big mess, who's idea was it to reincarnate these pooping flyer's.. they should have stayed on the endangered list.

we have been chasing geese out of the marina so i know where the guy is coming from by shooting the goose.

they make a big mess, who's idea was it to reincarnate these pooping flyer's.. they should have stayed on the endangered list.

Problem is they no longer Migrate, there's too muc upen, groomed lawn areas in this state. Cemetaries, Corporate "Park" areas, Ball Fields mowed parklands. The Cg's stick around all year. Hell the Bunny-huggers egen have an issue with using dogs to keep them away from the airports.

shooting a goose = bad

Addling (shaking) the eggs while the goose is nesting = acceptable and good.

they scramble the eggs in the shell to fool the goose into thinking its just gonna take one more day... and they end up not having a brood this year.

Can you imagine grown adults sneaking around, finding goose eggs and shaking them and then putting them back? Or they paint them with oil to prevent the exchange of oxygen and CO2 and kill 'em. that is ok, but depredation is not.

We have already lost the fight. We just don't know it yet....

shooting a goose = bad

Addling (shaking) the eggs while the goose is nesting = acceptable and good.

they scramble the eggs in the shell to fool the goose into thinking its just gonna take one more day... and they end up not having a brood this year.

Can you imagine grown adults sneaking around, finding goose eggs and shaking them and then putting them back? Or they paint them with oil to prevent the exchange of oxygen and CO2 and kill 'em. that is ok, but depredation is not.

We have already lost the fight. We just don't know it yet....

Took me a second to figure out what you meant by painting them with oil until I read this article

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--birdstrikes0611jun11,0,4338315.story

I'm no animal rights activists, its actually probably for the better that someone is doing this (NY is killing roughly 2000 geese)... However, if a man kills a goose, it may show a bit of lack of responsibility; but if a state slaughters a couple thousand for the greater good, its the taxpayers money :roll:

yep, is that not a bitch, this oldman tries to scare a goose off his property and mistakingly kills this overpopulated green pooping flyer but the state can slauter 2000 geese using our money to do so with out batting an eye..

NY is doing it, and now NJ...

Feds start 'capture and removal' of Canada geese in nine N.J. counties

by The Associated Press

Tuesday June 16, 2009, 8:41 AM

Federal wildlife officials have begun plucking Canada geese from New Jersey parks, golf courses and areas near airports in a weeks-long roundup that could end in the killing of thousands of birds.

U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Carol Bannerman confirmed the "capture and removal program" is under way and will last about six weeks. The geese will be molting -- or shedding their feathers -- during the time and will be unable to fly.

APA Canada goose and goslings

She said local Canada geese will be corralled from 20 locations in nine counties. All are places where the landowner has complained and asked for the birds to be removed.

"We only go to areas where we've been asked to come and do the work," she said.

A similar program is under way in New York City, which plans to trap and gas as many as 2,000 Canada geese over the next few weeks in an attempt to avoid the type of collision that caused an airliner to ditch in the Hudson River in January.

U.S. Airways Flight 1549 had just taken off from LaGuardia Airport when it smacked into a flock and lost both engines. Pilot Chesley Sullenberger became a national hero when he set the plane down safely in the river.

The episode brought attention to the hazard that birds can pose to aircraft. Some 40 public parks within five miles of Kennedy and LaGuardia airports will be swept free of geese.

Bannerman said several of the removal sites in New Jersey are within eight miles of an airport.

The state has 80,000 resident Canada geese, about twice the density that wildlife officials consider manageable.

A single bird excretes about a half-pound of feces daily, Bannerman said, rendering some public parks unusable.

A removal program last year rid the state of fewer than 2,000 birds, she said.

Other population control methods include coating geese eggs with oil, which keeps them from hatching. About 2,000 eggs were treated with oil this spring, she said.

The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife issued permits for the operation but isn't otherwise involved, Environmental Protection spokeswoman Darlene Yuhas said.

Apparently, killing one goose is bad, but killing thousands is good public health and safety policy.

Ken