Maksim

SW1911 9mm Pro Series

Just had the opportunity to shoot this beauty, wow. it is all I can say. When you shoot this firearm, you know you must own it. Not a nice to have in the future, but a must have.

It shot better than any other firearm I have shot, including some expensive Hk's, and wilson combats.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

Break cleanly, very little recoil, very very accurate, amazing trigger. It has topped the list of firearms for me. Right above the Browning Hi Power.

Please excuse my noobie question but what is the difference from a 1911 to any other semi automatic handgun?

I know all the pics I have seen the 1911 have a destinct frame design and all seem to have a pretty good size barrel but what else am I missing?

-Scott

I meant 1911s vs semi autos in general. Thanks for the starting info, that gives me somemore info to work with. I really like the looks of the one at the top of this thread. Do all 1911s have that "tail" at the top backside of the handle?

-Scott

I am not a 1911 expert by any means, but most are 45acp, then a few manufacturers started making them in 380, and now 9mm.

rock island? or one of them actually made a 1911 in a 45Gap.

biggest drawback, due to slim design, is 8 or so round capacity in a single stack.

The 380 was a Colt Mustang. Sig makes a copy of it now with Sigs own flare added to it. It was and is still made in 38 super and one custom maker still does 38 special 1911's. I want one of those.

JMB had several autoloaders under his belt before he made the 1911.

1911's are great to shoot, ask any questions you want I am sure we will be able to answer them. Anytime you see I am going to BA feel free to let me know if you want to show up I will bring one or two for you to shoot.

I was just gonna say, better than a wilson?

i haven't shot one, but I've been researching 1911s for a few weeks (while waiting for my FID) deciding what to buy, and everyone says Wilson are the top of the line...

I actually didn't even have S&W on the list I'm considering, but maybe I need to change that.....

in my opinion, yes. =)

when spending wilson combat money, you expect it kind of. with the smith pro series... you dont expect that kind of performance.

I know wolfy has one... and I will soon have one as soon as my permits are ready.

in my opinion, yes. =)

when spending wilson combat money, you expect it kind of. with the smith pro series... you dont expect that kind of performance.

I know wolfy has one... and I will soon have one as soon as my permits are ready.

Do you have a place to get it?

I also thought it was as good as any top 1911. But not having shot any that is a subjective opinion on my part. I can say to pay 2-3 times as much than the Pro costs will not get me enough of an improvement to warrant the extra cash. I am happy to hear that other members think the gun can run with the elite 1911 producers.

I've never shot a wilson, but I did shoot wolfy's. I don't see much room for improvement. How much better could the wilson really be? I would think the difference is in the price and nothing else.

In my understanding the differentiating factor of a Wilson would be reliability in combat situations. Wilson CQB's are meant to be put through abuse, unlike most top 1911's.

biggest drawback, due to slim design, is 8 or so round capacity in a single stack.

Umm, you're not restricted to a single stack anymore. :)

http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=69

I shot this one last week and it's 14 + 1 of 45 ACP. :mrgreen:

Cheers!

--Daniel

nice...

Yeah the 1911 is awesome to fire and has made it to the top of my list for my first gun. Not seeing any on Buds in 9mm, all they have is 45acp in stock atm. Would love to get the S&W model, but I may end up getting a Springfield 1911 if I can't find a S&W the price range I'm hoping for.

silverbullet has a 9mm 1911 for $1200. don't remember if it is Springfield or something else.

Actually this was the model I was looking at: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/43761

I don't mind the single stack mag because I usually put 5 rounds into a mag at the ranges (its easier to get in 5 then 10) and if I can't drop someone attacking me with 9 rounds having extra in a single mag isn't going to help. Though personally I would switch out the wood grips on this for something like simple black polymer or metal grips instead.