M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

34 minutes ago, Annie said:

Okay thanks. So if I get a cc permit I can go anywhere that doesn't specifically say (either verbally or on a sign) I can't go there with a firearm? 

Basically gov't buildings and state owned property are off limits. You also cannot carry to a place that serves alcoholic beverages. You can carry in your car, to the grocery store, in restaurants that do not served alcohol, fast food places, department stores, on the street and on private property.  You just cannot enter residences without permission.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAHL said:

Basically gov't buildings and state owned property are off limits. You also cannot carry to a place that serves alcoholic beverages. You can carry in your car, to the grocery store, in restaurants that do not served alcohol, fast food places, department stores, on the street and on private property.  You just cannot enter residences without permission.

I thought the TRO was against the need for affirmative permission to enter private property. 

19 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

while my travel circle is small, i have yet to go into a store that has signage saying i can't carry. nor have i had any friends neighbors or relatives ask me to disarm before entering their property......

In my travels, I've only encountered 1 store (a T-Mobile company store) that had a sign prohibited firearms. Trader Joe's does have a sign prohibiting ILLEGAL firearms.

Slightly off-topic: Did anyone notice that Home Depot stores now have armed security/loss prevention guards near the registers?

9 minutes ago, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

In my travels, I've only encountered 1 store (a T-Mobile company store) that had a sign prohibited firearms. Trader Joe's does have a sign prohibiting ILLEGAL firearms.

Slightly off-topic: Did anyone notice that Home Depot stores now have armed security/loss prevention guards near the registers?

Which location(s)? Ive never seen this in Dover or Ledgewood

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

No references were contacted for my permit and a friend I was reference for said none of his were contacted either!  It's all Bullshit!

Before 12/22/2022 it was at the discretion of the PD as to whether or not they want to contact the references. I think the new law states they must be contacted in some manner.

9 minutes ago, g17owner said:

Before 12/22/2022 it was at the discretion of the PD as to whether or not they want to contact the references. I think the new law states they must be contacted in some manner.

I did not apply until June of 2023, nor did my friend!  Before 12/22/2022 it was at the discretion of the courts, not the local CPD.

No references were contacted!  The state just wants to intimidate you to not apply in the first place! Some CPDs are pro 2A, some are not!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

I did not apply until June of 2023, nor did my friend!  Before 12/22/2022 it was at the discretion of the courts, not the local CPD.

No references were contacted!  The state just wants to intimidate you to not apply in the first place! Some CPDs are pro 2A, some are not!

No doubt about the fact that they want to stop from applying or carrying.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

No references were contacted for my permit and a friend I was reference for said none of his were contacted either!  It's all Bullshit!

my references were all contacted. they all called me when they were.

Looking through that link… there’s no tab for “renewal”  just “start initial application” so seems like it’ll be the same as original process you guys did?  

also looking through it seems like the qualification  is different that what my friend did with a state trooper instructor… unless I’m reading wrong… it’s out to 25 yards drawing and shooting from a knee, shooting from cover,  shoot from a “point shoulder position” 

image.thumb.png.95ad160b311ac8d032e05eb7027e6e1f.png

1 hour ago, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

I don't see references mentioned in the renewal portion of the "What will I need instructions"

See attached for screen print

NJWebsireForRenewals.jpg

This is what i saw also.  Can they be THAT incompetent?

12 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

This is what i saw also.  Can they be THAT incompetent?

But there’s no separate button for renewal application…. While I see the same “what will I need” … the only option to start an application is “initial” which will most likely walk you through all the “initial” requirements?