Scorpio64

Clay Shoot Clinton WMA ** CANCELED **

On 11/20/2023 at 8:12 PM, Krdshrk said:

WMA regulation says "Fine shot" - and the NJ Shotgun hunting guide says up to #4  for Turkey hunting.  

Pretty much anything goes besides buckshot - though why waste any good shot at the range unless you're practicing or patterning.

image.png

Has the state considered the effectiveness of 00 buck on turkey? If anything it’s a more humane way of harvesting.

11 minutes ago, dino71 said:

Count me in. It's been years since I have been to the WMA. Is anyone going to the diner after for a 2 lb burger? Do we need sign in when we arrive? I am assuming that someone will have the hunting license.

Several of us will have hunting licenses. No sign-in required other than perhaps someone here keeping track of who attended. I would be up for a diner visit afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Just look for Old Glory, and a white Chevy Silverado extended cab.

ALSO...

With this many in attendance we will definitely be using two shooting pads.  I will be there by 0830 to set up.  I need a volunteer who is bringing a thrower to come early and grab that 2nd pad

I can come early but have no thrower. 

2 hours ago, H2oVento said:

how far is it from when you park to the pad? I have three cases of clays and can't carry all that in one trip, should I bring a wagon?

If you're close enough right by the pad.  If not it's not that far a walk - just put 'em by your car and ask someone to help carry 'em over.

3 hours ago, H2oVento said:

how far is it from when you park to the pad? I have three cases of clays and can't carry all that in one trip, should I bring a wagon?

There will be plenty of people there to help carry stuff. Everyone is always super helpful. You won’t have any issues finding those eager to carry stuff, move stuff, shoot stuff, and talk good-natured shit!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Count me in for it warmer weather one!

It's actually going to be pretty mild Sunday, in the low 50s, and cloudy too.  Call me crazy but I prefer clay shoot'n when the sky is overcast.  Having the clouds up there gives me a better sense of speed as I track the target.   

Yanno, you are only a few miles from 287.  I'll be literally driving right by you.  If you want to come, I'll be happy to give you a lift.  The only caveat is you'd be in for the full ride.  I'm the first in and last out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's actually going to be pretty mild Sunday, in the low 50s, and cloudy too.  Call me crazy but I prefer clay shoot'n when the sky is overcast.  Having the clouds up there gives me a better sense of speed as I track the target.   

Yanno, you are only a few miles from 287.  I'll be literally driving right by you.  If you want to come, I'll be happy to give you a lift.  The only caveat is you'd be in for the full ride.  I'm the first in and last out.

That's extremely kind but I promised my wife I would watch the little one since she wanted to pick up an extra shift at the hospital.

2023 hasn't been brutal financially, so we are both picking up as many hours as possible. 

I'd bring the little one, but I don't think she'll be very good at 5 months lol. 

I'm definitely in on the next one! I'll even pick up some clays next time so I have em on hand. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, almiz111 said:

What is a thrower? Is this event hand launch or machine launch?

Thanks.

Got ‘em!

Found who’s going to throw our clays guys!

Hope you shoulder is up to the task!

:rofl: 

ETA: Every time I have been to a NJGF Clay Shoot, there has been multiple electric throwers. 

Edited by High Exposure
  • Like 1

I appreciate the shout-out in the initial post, but I'm afraid I can't make it.  I shoot in a police revolver league on Sunday mornings, and it would be at least 1:30 before I could make it to the shoot.

Y'all have fun!

• Like 1