Jon K

Biden to Ban Private Gun Sales

47 minutes ago, Jon K said:

Would leave a link but not sure if allowed, but its on Epoch Times, whistleblowers, blowing.....

I could not find it on Epoch but here is a link to another site. https://www.ntd.com/biden-administration-preparing-to-ban-private-gun-sales-whistleblowers_970068.html

2 hours ago, Jon K said:

Would leave a link but not sure if allowed, but its on Epoch Times, whistleblowers, blowing.....

Another link: ATF preparing to regulate private gun sales with background check, whistleblower group alleges - Just The News

and here is a link to the Empower Oversight FOIA request for any official records pertaining to this ban:

Draft Ruling Banning Private Sale of Firearms

8 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Moot point here in Jersey.

Private gun sales are banned here, even with the intercession of an FFL? I have sold a couple, fairly recently, but I used an on-line firearms marketplace that is also an FFL, because they made what I thought was a reasonable offer, and I figured it would save me some red tape.

20 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

Private gun sales are banned here, even with the intercession of an FFL? I have sold a couple, fairly recently, but I used an on-line firearms marketplace that is also an FFL, because they made what I thought was a reasonable offer, and I figured it would save me some red tape.

How can you call it a "private sale" when it has to go through an FFL?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

My long guns were private sale purchases in Pennsylvania.  No immediate background check required, no FFL required.  Only the one used to get my license to carry firearms.  The experience is truly is a banquet of freedom not tasted in this state.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, father-of-three said:

My long guns were private sale purchases in Pennsylvania.  No immediate background check required, no FFL required.  Only the one used to get my license to carry firearms.  The experience is truly is a banquet of freedom not tasted in this state.

Unless you were a resident of PA at the time, that would have been an illegal transfer under Federal law. All inter-state transfers have to go through an FFL. For long guns that can be an FFL in either State. For handguns it must be an FFL in the receiving person's home State.

13 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Your FFL-free transfer (as a resident of PA selling a long arm to another PA resident) will soon be a thing of the past, as your Governor Josh Shapiro hates guns in the hands of the unanointed. Though the events of October 7 may have changed his personal beliefs since that date.

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

Your FFL-free transfer (as a resident of PA selling a long arm to another PA resident) will soon be a thing of the past, as your Governor Josh Shapiro hates guns in the hands of the unanointed. Though the events of October 7 may have changed his personal beliefs since that date.

Or already is a thing of the past for this guy:

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/lawyers-for-amish-farmer-charged-with-selling-guns-without-a-license-claim-law-vague-1st/article_9a57df2e-bde9-11ed-8d22-8f0ba0f857de.html

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Unless you were a resident of PA at the time, that would have been an illegal transfer under Federal law. All inter-state transfers have to go through an FFL. For long guns that can be an FFL in either State. For handguns it must be an FFL in the receiving person's home State.

I was, and will soon be again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

We'll see.  The Pennsylvania does have a hard time electing Republican governors.  Fortunately, the Rs still have the Senate and the Ds only have a 1 seat House majority.

1 hour ago, leahcim said:

Here's the latest I could find.  There are some gray areas, to put it lightly, including how "profit" is defined.  This case is not your average private long gun sale though.  And Josh Prince is a really good 2a lawyer.

https://www.thelancasterpatriot.com/reuben-king-awaits-sentencing-after-being-convicted-of-selling-long-guns/

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

Here's the latest I could find.  There are some gray areas, to put it lightly, including how "profit" is defined.  This case is not your average private long gun sale though.  And Josh Prince is a really good 2a lawyer.

https://www.thelancasterpatriot.com/reuben-king-awaits-sentencing-after-being-convicted-of-selling-long-guns/

https://www.thelancasterpatriot.com/reuben-king-sentenced-with-probation-fine/

Though he had to forfeit all the guns that were seized, and his Federal conviction stands, Reuben King avoids any prison time.

• Informative 1