1LtCAP

i'm guessing this is the right place

so......i carry the left hand version of apendix carry. i carry a g19 with a holosun dot and a pl mini wml. i use a vedder kydex holster for this combo. i've got a tulster for this same combo minus the

light(which i'll be switching to since we've got longer days now). both have a claw on them.  i always wear a "wife beater" under my normal shirt, (sorry if that term offends anyone it's not meant that way) which is normally some

form of pull-over. today was a black walmart special long sleeve tee(i wear these for work). when i checked myself in the mirror, i felt that i'd concealed the tool perfectly fine.

i got to work, was still opening things up when the pd that i do work for shows up with a vehicle leaking coolant. i'm chatting with him for a bit, and outta nowhere, he chuckles, points at my belt, and

asks me "whatcha got goin' on there?" i told him it was my carry. after i'd changed and got to work on his vehicle, i asked him if he'd spotted it because he looks for them now or if i did something to give

it away? he said that there was a lump showing there. now when i look down my front, all i see is the lump where the tool is.

i'm skinny. i only weigh about 180. not big in the chest area either, so my shirts don't hang very far away from my belly. but i gotta ask.......how the hell do i hide this thing better?

Lately, I've been wearing a fleece vest to help hide the printing.  This with holsters even with a claw.  Crossbreed Reckoning and Safariland IncogX for my G48 and P365 XMacro w/ Romeo Zero respectively.  I definitely notice the P365 prints more or has more protrusions with the RDS and longer grip.  I may try swapping out back to irons with the P365 and switching to the Wilson Combat grip which is P365X size, to see if that is less... pokey.

When it gets warmer, I may have to switch back to 5:00 Carry or a smaller gun or shorter grip.

I’m also 6’, 180#. Wearing a patterned shirt helps a lot, and the foam pads that go between the muzzle end of the holster and your body tip the grip more inward too. 

I used the foam when I was carrying an M&P compact (G19 size) but my 365XL doesn’t need it to disappear

15 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

so......i carry the left hand version of apendix carry. i carry a g19 with a holosun dot and a pl mini wml. i use a vedder kydex holster for this combo. i've got a tulster for this same combo minus the

light(which i'll be switching to since we've got longer days now). both have a claw on them.  i always wear a "wife beater" under my normal shirt, (sorry if that term offends anyone it's not meant that way) which is normally some

form of pull-over. today was a black walmart special long sleeve tee(i wear these for work). when i checked myself in the mirror, i felt that i'd concealed the tool perfectly fine.

i got to work, was still opening things up when the pd that i do work for shows up with a vehicle leaking coolant. i'm chatting with him for a bit, and outta nowhere, he chuckles, points at my belt, and

asks me "whatcha got goin' on there?" i told him it was my carry. after i'd changed and got to work on his vehicle, i asked him if he'd spotted it because he looks for them now or if i did something to give

it away? he said that there was a lump showing there. now when i look down my front, all i see is the lump where the tool is.

i'm skinny. i only weigh about 180. not big in the chest area either, so my shirts don't hang very far away from my belly. but i gotta ask.......how the hell do i hide this thing better?

What belt are you using?

Are you using any kind of wedge?

Get rid of any plastic clips you have and use Discrete Carry Concepts belt clips. Make sure the clips are sized to your belt.

Make sure you have some kind of a belt camming bar on your holster.

I carry my G19 with RDS and light (TLR7a) in a Tenicor Sagax Lux on an Ares Gear belt every day and have no issues. The Tenicor holsters come with an integral wedge and adjustable camming bar. They are great holsters. You should try them - (you may have to get a different light, not sure if your setup is compatible).

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

What belt are you using?

Get rid of any plastic clips you have and use Discrete Carry Concepts belt clips. Make sure the clips are sized to your belt.

I carry my G19 with RDS and light (TLR7a) in a Tenicor Sagax Lux on an Ares Gear belt every day and have no issues. The Tenicor holsters come with an integral wedge and adjustable camming bar. They are great holsters. You should try them - (you may have to get a different light, not sure if your setup is compatible).

I do need to get a couple of wedges… which ones are you using?

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

HE may be using the Vedder wedge since he is using a Vedder Holster.  The wedges are universal fit.  They are $14.99 each on Vedder's website PLUS shipping.   Vedder also sells the same wedges on Amazon with 2 day free prime shipping. This thread reminded me to order a couple so it was cheaper and quicker from Amazon! Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CWMK43L3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

The Tenicor has a wedge built in to the holster.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

HE may be using the Vedder wedge since he is using a Vedder Holster.  The wedges are universal fit.  They are $14.99 each on Vedder's website PLUS shipping.   Vedder also sells the same wedges on Amazon with 2 day free prime shipping. This thread reminded me to order a couple so it was cheaper and quicker from Amazon! Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CWMK43L3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m using a Tenicor rig. Not using Vedder.

IMO, of all the AIWB rigs I have tried, Tenicor is far and away the best.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

What belt are you using?

not using any kind of wedge. using this vedder belt......

https://www.vedderholsters.com/cobra-quick-release-gun-belt/

the vedder holster has a single metal belt clip. i don't know what a camming bar is?

ok. i just was on tenicors site. what they're calling a camming bar is their version of a claw i think?

10 hours ago, High Exposure said:

fadFr6t.jpg

yRxHOCU.jpg

left no Cam Bar
Right Cam Bar

The camming bar gives another point of contact past the clips for the belt to push the holster in more.

thanks man. it looks like they make a "multifit" holster that'll fit my current light. while the holster looks huge compared to what i'm carrying, i think i'm gonna give it a try. i could(and may end up) follow the suggestions of some of the others and simply move to my 8oclock(remember i shoot left hand), i just would prefer to keep carrying same place.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyBri said:

What type of fit does the pullover have? IMO any slim fit t shirts that are snug around the waste will definitely print more. You want something that is loose fitting at the waste.

that's a good point. i wear a size medium in most shirts. underarmor being an exception....they seem to run small, so i wear a large in those. but yea....the shirt wasn't very loose fitting down near my waist

I usually wear an XL or 2XL on shirts to have them be looser.  Also - thicker material helps vs thin.

I did just order a couple of the Vedder wedges - gonna see if they help to push in the grip butt a bit...  Will try it with a couple different holsters and see how it helps.

• Like 1