I'm stopped by a Dick's Sporting Goods in Rochester, NY yesterday and I couldn't believe how easy it is to buy a rifle or shotgun. I think all you need is a NY state drivers license to prove you're a resident and 18 years old. Quite different than NJ! A guy was buying a rifle and it was so simple, no FID. I would have guessed NY would have stricter gun laws than NJ.

Dick's had no handguns, just like NJ.

BTW, they had a LOT of ammo in stock, especially .223. They must had a hundred boxes or more of .223.

Another reason to move!

Buying is one thing,.....CCW is quite another. I believe NY is about equal as far as CCW laws are concerned, right?

The buying aspect in NJ never bothered me that much, for long arms that is, whats one more card to carry in your wallet? Its the CCW aspect that bothers me about NJ.

Would you still be a devils fan if you moved er would you have to become an Islanders or Rangers fan??

There are no Islanders fans....

WHOA WHOA WHOA don't be dissing on the Islanders ok. I don't know who you are a fan of, but talk to me when you win 4 consecutive titles in a row, and then we can compare. Thats what I thought, an't gonna happen!

Though I am very upset with the Islanders as of late. This whole Dipietro thing just pisses me off to the point where I havn't watched them on tv for almost two seasons now. Then we could talk about snow, but we won't because that'll piss me off even more. But I still love my Islanders even though I grew up in good ole NJ my whole life!

I love when sports fans talk about their favorite teams and use words like we or you as if they had any thing to do with the team winning or losing by yelling at the TV from their favorite chair drinking beer and eating chips. Like we won or we lost or you lost. You get the idea.

OK, now back to the topic, no replies :D

NY laws suck when you want to buy a handgun. Here in NJ you can walk into any store fill out the forms and walk out with it. IIRC, in NY you have to do the paperwork, pay for your purchase, and wait for weeks until you can take it. Same goes for F2F.

Well, I wasn't talking about moving to NY. I was just commenting on the ease of purchase of a long gun in NY. I would rather move to PA, VT, TX, FL (am I missing any ones better?) as far as gun laws are concerned.

As far as a handgun purchase, yes, you can walk out with one AFTER you get the NJ handgun purchase permit.

yea, I don't believe you need anything to carry in Vermont. In Montana, you only need a CCW permit if you carry conceal into town-- otherwise, no permit needed if you CCW (the same applies in Idaho as well). VT still has the most true-to-Constitutional laws in the nation though I believe.

Oh man, if I could move, I would probably move to PA. Too bad I am stuck here for so many reasons :cry: Just have to man up and make the best of it, I guess.

Funny sports/fan interjection guys..once again Tb nails it! thumb.gif

VT is the true consititutional state guys! Next up is NH (live free or die - I love the slogan)

Unfortunately, it's damn cold and there are very few people :roll:

I also need some sunshine at least for 6 months in a year for motorcycle riding (not that NJ helps).

I am thinking VA, WV, PA, FL ... somewhat in that order. Of course, nothing beats MT in guts and independence. They are planning to pass a bill that will potentially preempt the feds' authority (BATF and all)! Hurrah.