dj5570

police intimidation

Yea, I got harassed in East Orange by the same cops that are on that show on A&E. It was late at night and I was dropping off a family member at Seton Hall. They thought I was some drunk college kid and they broke my balls.

I got arrested by some detective in paramus because he got lucky with me. Because of that a-hole and taking a shot at me my record is forever screwed and was a lot harder getting my gun permits after like 3 years. Two weeks later saw him on television telling everyone how there cracking down.

I got arrested by some detective in paramus because he got lucky with me. Because of that a-hole and taking a shot at me my record is forever screwed and was a lot harder getting my gun permits after like 3 years. Two weeks later saw him on television telling everyone how there cracking down.

But you got the permits anyway?

I went to the state police for handgun permits,cop on the desk asked for my DL which i gave him.By now the cop heared my voice and knew i wasnt a American and tells me i can't have a gun because im not a citizen!!!(it's on my DL also)

I now have to school the cop on the laws and produce my FID card, he was not a happy cop but did give me the papers .

Fast forward a few months........

I go to pick up the handgun permit, normal things asked for DL,FID card, then the side door opens and 3 cops come out and stand around to me.The one cop hands me paper work and tells me to "read it then sign it"' which i did .

I ask whats next to which i had the reply "nothing, goodbye"

I don't think they were happy a non citizen had guns.

I went to the state police for handgun permits,cop on the desk asked for my DL which i gave him.By now the cop heared my voice and knew i wasnt a American and tells me i can't have a gun because im not a citizen!!!(it's on my DL also)

I now have to school the cop on the laws and produce my FID card, he was not a happy cop but did give me the papers .

I go to pick up the handgun permit, normal things asked for DL,FID card, then the side door opens and 3 cops come out and stand around to me.The one cop hands me paper work and tells me to "read it then sign it"' which i did .

I don't think they're ever happy.

I don't think they're ever happy.

They have seen me a lot more since that episode and i've no more problems.

My experience was pretty lack luster. Granted, I dealt with clerks more than I did actual police officers. The detective that printed me was polite and to the point, as were the clerks I dealt with.

On the day I went to get printed and drop off my application, I got there really early in the day not realizing than the detective who does the printing doesn't show up till 1pm. I was half way down the block, heading back home to wait a few hours before going back, and the clerk that was working there (older dude - about 70ish) ran down the block after me to make sure I knew the correct amount the money order needed to be - even handed me a paper with a breakdown of all the fees. Good thing he did, cuz my town's website had the wrong info.

The worst thing I can say about the process was one of the clerks practically laughed at me when I was on the phone with her asking about the progress of my application and told her I thought the application process was supposed to take 30 days max :)

I haven't had to deal with them since getting my FID and ppp's. Hopefully it goes as well when I eventually put in for some more pistol permits

I was arrested for drugs. Which when pulled over the cop said he saw them when i got out of the car. When I was stupid enough to have drugs I was not stupid enough to leave them out in the open in my car. So the cop saw two kids in a trans am doing a burnout and said to themselves "were gonna hassel these kids". As I said they got lucky with me actually having stuff on me. So 2000 dollars for a lawyer to do nothing 1500 for the drug program to get rid of my record and a shit load of critism from my family all because this cop got lucky.

I was told by my lawyer it would be erased after the drug program but I had a detective that it seems was right out of training and searched my record to find that. Then accused me of lying on my report. I was never arrested but merely charged. Me and him went over it for a while and with him calling me a liar repeatedly I snapped and shouted. Hung up lol and knew I was not getting my permit haha.

Second time around had a great guy talking to me. I explained everything before I turned in my paperwork to him. He understood and even BS'ED with me the whole time while finger printing me. Well I am happy to say I finally got my permits and F.I.D card and now have several friends getting them to.

Lucky? You were stupid enough to do drugs, and were breaking the law having them on you or in the car. I was stupid once and used to smoke, hence I can call it stupid :p

You were the lucky one, since they could have confiscated the car on the spot for just having it in the car. And you were lucky they removed it from your record. They could have just refused to give them to ya due to the record. Its not like they made up the charge, it did happen. And its the charge that matters, not an arrest. So you're the lucky one again that they gave you the FID.

Hopefully you learned your lesson, but the cops weren't lucky, you were.

keep it out of the car, my friend got busted for that shit... I always never allowed any drugs in my ride, just for transport for home use and that's it... I dont do that shit no more, but when I did I had a strict policy not to keep anything in my car.. My friend got busted for having it in his car, luckily I wasn't with him back in the day when that shit went down...

I was arrested for drugs. Which when pulled over the cop said he saw them when i got out of the car. When I was stupid enough to have drugs I was not stupid enough to leave them out in the open in my car. So the cop saw two kids in a trans am doing a burnout and said to themselves "were gonna hassel these kids". As I said they got lucky with me actually having stuff on me. So 2000 dollars for a lawyer to do nothing 1500 for the drug program to get rid of my record and a **** load of critism from my family all because this cop got lucky.

I was told by my lawyer it would be erased after the drug program but I had a detective that it seems was right out of training and searched my record to find that. Then accused me of lying on my report. I was never arrested but merely charged. Me and him went over it for a while and with him calling me a liar repeatedly I snapped and shouted. Hung up lol and knew I was not getting my permit haha.

Second time around had a great guy talking to me. I explained everything before I turned in my paperwork to him. He understood and even BS'ED with me the whole time while finger printing me. Well I am happy to say I finally got my permits and F.I.D card and now have several friends getting them to.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where do I start?

Nevermind, not worth the effort.

I was arrested for drugs. Which when pulled over the cop said he saw them when i got out of the car. When I was stupid enough to have drugs I was not stupid enough to leave them out in the open in my car. So the cop saw two kids in a trans am doing a burnout and said to themselves "were gonna hassel these kids". As I said they got lucky with me actually having stuff on me. So 2000 dollars for a lawyer to do nothing 1500 for the drug program to get rid of my record and a **** load of critism from my family all because this cop got lucky.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where do I start?

Nevermind, not worth the effort.

come on, I wanna hear it! lol