matt6669

The official North Meets South Clay Bird Shoot

Ok guys, here she is, the official thread for information on the North meets South clay bird shoot.

When: Sunday September 13th, 2009 @ 2:00 P.M.

We will be meeting in the first parking lot straight through the first intersection to the left at 1:45 PM. We will start shooting at 2pm precisely!

Where: Cherry Ridge Gun Range

100 Range Road

Highland Lakes, NJ 07422

Directional note, if you are using a gps, make sure that it brings you in off of Canistear RD as this is the ONLY way to enter the range.

What: A informal meeting of the members of NJGF to shoot clay birds at the range.

Range information:

If you are a guest. There is a $25 dollar guest fee. As a guest, you will be partnered up with an Existing Ridge Member. This is your buddy for the day. If you want to shoot something before or after the clay shoot, that is possible but you must remain with your "buddy" as per range rules. I will be assigning people to "buddies" based on the information provided to me so that everyone can shoot what they want to shoot with no problems.

Also, shotshell is only allowed at the clay range. You may use any shot shell of #7 shot and smaller. Nothing larger than #7! I suggest ATLEAST 4 packs of (25) shotshell. That should keep you busy for the day. Clay birds can be bought at the range for $11 per 135. I suggest doing this, as they require the birds to be bio-degradeable and you really can't beat the price.

Ear and eye protection must be worn at all times when in front of the yellow line at ANY range.

OK now that I got all the stuffy stuff out of the way down to the fun. After you get past those rules, theres really nothing else to worry about besides having a REALLY good time. This is going to be extremely laid, with a bunch of chatting going on and a lot of shooting.

Now some guys have expressed an interest to show up earlier than the 1:45 meet time to do some other shooting. I plan to be at the Ridge by no later than 11am. Anyone wishing to participate in this extra shooting please either post in this thread or pm and let me know what you plan on bringing and what you want to shoot. This way I can plan ahead and have enough people to sign the guests in so there's no wasted time.

I'm sure I will think of more information as the time goes by and I will edit as needed.

Now I want to start getting a head count for whose going so if you can reply as follows to make my life easier that'd be great.

If you are definitely coming..

Name Member Informal Shoot Clay Shooting

Matt Minassian Yes Yes Yes

Shotgun, .22, Rifle

From this I will compile a list and make sure we get everyone taken care of!

Hope to see all of you guys out there. I am really excited about this. I think this is going to be a great event for NJGF!

Side note, please keep all non related post off this thread. Thank you!

OFFICIAL LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name Member Informal Shoot Clay Shooting

1. Matt Minassian Yes Yes Yes

2. Ray Ray No Yes Yes

3. Tim No Yes Yes

4. Ken Yes Yes Yes

5. Troy Yes Yes Yes

6. Mark Yes Yes Yes

7. Pete Yes Yes Yes

8. Keith No Yes Yes

9. Tom Yes Yes Yes

10. Tim's Wife No yes yes

Maybe's.

1. Jordan (SOK) Yes Yes Yes

2. Dave S. (FOK) Yes Yes Maybe

3. Mark C (FOK) Yes Yes Maybe

4. GoNRA ? ? ?

Just went to the jackson Gun Room, the guy there was pretty cool. He recommended the 870 to start out with for a first shotgun.. I dont have any knowledge when it comes to shotguns, lmfao. so I might get one soon, just have to check on some things to see if everything is cool.

Peter (aka Pete)

Soon-to-be-member

Can be there whatever time

Bringing:

(definite) Mossberg 590A1, NEF Pardner Pump

(definite) DD M4 (need to get it zeroed), Glock 19 (with .22 conversion), M&P 9

(definite) Saiga 5.45 (assuming I get some ammo for it by then)

(definite) Anything else I buy between now and then :lol: - Single Shot .22 Bolt rifle

(stealing) Troy's MKIII or Malsua's MK 8-)

Looks like I'm gonna be emptying out the safe... 8-)

Just went to the jackson Gun Room, the guy there was pretty cool. He recommended the 870 to start out with for a first shotgun.. I dont have any knowledge when it comes to shotguns, lmfao. so I might get one soon, just have to check on some things to see if everything is cool.

What are you talking about? Are you shooting with us in Sept and are going to bring an 870?

ok list is updated finally. I had it all nice in columns and everything but apparently the board takes out the unwanted to spaces so epic fail. But you get the jist. We already have 9 confirmed people. I want atleast 9 more since I already have the RO's expecting a big group. You guys can't make me look lame and only show up with 9 people.

Matt,

If you're counting maybes, add 3 more:

Jordan (Son of Ken) Junior Member, Clay shoot and other

Dave S. (FOK) Member, Clay shoot and possibly other

Mark C. (FOK/T) Member, Clay shoot and probably other

K

ok well starting tomorrow I am on vacation until sunday and will only be checking in periodically. So all you North guys need to do the cheerleading for the next week and get some more people for us.

Can't wait to meet everyone that I havn't met yet, and see the guys I know again. I'm pumped more than I was the last time I said I was pumped lol

ok well starting tomorrow I am on vacation until sunday and will only be checking in periodically. So all you North guys need to do the cheerleading for the next week and get some more people for us.

Can't wait to meet everyone that I havn't met yet, and see the guys I know again. I'm pumped more than I was the last time I said I was pumped lol

Have fun. You only get to be single and on vacation so many times...cherish your freedom :twisted:

OR just find a wife that likes vacation as much as you do and a wife that lets you have your freedom.

Yes I'm still living in the wonderful make believe world where that above statement exists LOL

Yes being single and young does have its advantages. Having friends that live a mile from the bay and offer free room and board and give you a key to their house and say, just let the dogs out while were at work. Even better advantage.

Anyway, I want to see atleast 5 more confirmed people on this thread when I return.

Also to everyone interested in the box of shotshell I'll be taking care of that wednesday when I get back so I should have an answer a week from this wednesday.

Be safe boys!

Since this is the "official" thread for the event, I have some "official" news from the RO at Cherry Ridge.

We can bring a grill if we want to. There are picnic tables scattered around the property, and it's fine with them if we make a day of shooting and eating. We just have to clean up after ourselves.

Since this is the "official" thread for the event, I have some "official" news from the RO at Cherry Ridge.

We can bring a grill if we want to. There are picnic tables scattered around the property, and it's fine with them if we make a day of shooting and eating. We just have to clean up after ourselves.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a small camper style propane grille - uses the camping or torch cylinders. I'll get it out this weekend and make sure it's clean.

HMMPPPRFFFFF where are all my temporary Cheerleaders that I left in charge.

Does anyone else have any interest in coming out for a day of food and shooting???? I know I just named two of some of my most favorite things in the world and the turn out response that we have gotten for this is a LOT less than I thought, I honestly thought I was going to have a problem getting 1 member to 1 non member I thought I would have more non members but it doesn't seem that way.

I am sort of disappointed in the turn out. I was really expecting more people to be interested in this.

If you don't have a shotgun, it doesn't matter, show up anyway you are more than welcome to use mine ALL day if you want esepcially if Tom shows up, I might be quietly stealing his :)

If your broke, just cover your 25 dollar guest fee, and I'll cover your shells and clays.

I just want to see people get out and shoot. It's times like these that we need to be banding together and showing our support in numbers. If we can't even orgainize an off the cuff shooting event, how do we expect to come together when we need to defend our rights!!!!

I really hope the guys that were on the edge, change their minds and come out. It really is a laid back extremely enjoyable day and fun is had by all. Even if you don't want to shoot, please just come out anyway I would really love to meet everyone on this forum.

I really want to plan some more events in the future whether it being a shooting event or a demonstrating event, or even just a get together for a beer and some food but unless people show up, it doesn't really make sense for me to organize it.

I don't wanna call out Troy (67gt......something or another :) ) but that poor child was extremely timid his first time out with us. And I called it, I said give him 2 weeks, he's going to own his own shotgun and I guarantee he'll be a member before the next shootout, and he'll be at the next event I guarantee it. Guess what, I think it was almost 2 weeks to the day that he bought his new shotgun and I know he is beyond pysched to come to the next event. So to any of you timid guys (yes I was one of those guys, just ask Malsua) msg me or Troy and we'll help you out and get you out to shoot. It really is a good time had by all.

Also I know some guys expressed the idea of BBQ'ing I'm also thinking about ordering some pizza as well, I really hope we get a good turnout because I'm ready to rock and roll and meet a lot of you guys I havn't met yet.

And of course I'm excited to meet my dearest of friends Chad, I just have to make sure no cigar cutters are passed from Ken to Chad, otherwise I'm in trouble