matt6669

The official North Meets South Clay Bird Shoot

Also more then welcome to try my M&P 9mm.... with a Dan Burwell trigger job.....

thanks - would be good to try the 2 calibers at the same time. already decided on the M&P, just bouncing on 9mm vs .40

Tons of info here....

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/

Since it looks like people will be arriving at different times and some of us don't know each other, is there a plan for a group introduction somewhere on the grounds at a particular time? With some arriving at 11, some at 12, and some later, are we just going to get together on the shotgun range at 1:30 or so and do the big group handshake there, or does someone have another suggestion?

Just in case, here's the lineup and photo from the last meetup. Most of the players will be there on Sunday.

Top Row:

Richie, Matt, Ed, Dave S. (FOK), Mark, Tom

Bottom Row:

Ken, Troy, Zach (Son of Ed), Pete

file.php?id=419

RayRay - was wondering if he was referring to you...

Let's see

I'm talking about Richie Earl? He's my dad's good friends son. I've known him since we were babies. He and his pops came over last night and we started talking about guns. He's never held one before so I handed him and unloaded, of course, Taurus M85. I think I might have converted him, can you help him out?

I'm talking about Richie Earl? He's my dad's good friends son. I've known him since we were babies. He and his pops came over last night and we started talking about guns. He's never held one before so I handed him and unloaded, of course, Taurus M85. I think I might have converted him, can you help him out?

Richie? Haha. Never thought to call him that, but now..

Sure, why not. Guy who wanted to come up Sunday realized shoulder injury + shotgun = bad idea.

Richie? Haha. Never thought to call him that, but now..

Sure, why not. Guy who wanted to come up Sunday realized shoulder injury + shotgun = bad idea.

I asked him if he wanted to go but I don't think he was that interested. Your his boss, tell him there's a meeting in Cherry Ridge and he has to show up.

Unfortunately I now can't make it on Sunday. I just got a call to work and since I'm not working full-time, I need to take it whenever it's offered to me.

Major bummer, I was looking forward to it and really didn't think I'd get a call to work on Sunday.

Matt, please remove me from the list. Hopefully next time.

Keith

That sucks, but there's always next time. Fly safe.

K

Thanks Ken, and Matt. Hope to see you guys next month down here.

Have fun.

Keith

Directions to the Range

The Association's Cherry Ridge Range is located in Highland Lakes, Sussex County, New Jersey. It is approximately four miles north of Route 23 off Canistear Road. Canistear Road is approximately 21 miles northeast on Route 23 from U.S. Highway 46 and Interstate 80 (and 12.5 miles from Interstate 287).

From South Jersey via New Jersey Turnpike Take Turnpike north to Route 80 West. Continue on Route 80 West to Route 23 North. Follow directions below.

From South Jersey via Garden State Parkway Take GSP north to Route 3 West. Route 3 West merges with Route 46 West. Continue on Route 46 West to Route 23 North. Follow directions below.

From George Washington Bridge Take Route 95 South to Route 80 West. Continue on Route 80 West to Route 23 North. Follow directions below.

From Route 23 Take Route 23 North to Canistear Road. Proceed north on Canistear Road 4.2 miles to Range Road. Turn right, go 0.5 miles to Club House.

Using GPS you will need either the street address or latitude, longitude coordinates. Our address is:

100 Range Road

Highland Lakes, NJ 07422

The actual geographic location is:

41.138943,-74.465204

A word of caution regarding GPS; it has come to our attention that most GPS base maps contain an error. They indicate that Range Road is contiguous between Cherry Ridge Road and Canistear Road. That is an error. You can only get the the range via Canistear Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =UTF8&z=16

Just to let everyone know who's going, I'm bringing an SR9 and my ParaUSA GI Expert 1911. I'm bringing a box of ammo for each, but if you want to shoot it with more rounds, then bring more and you can blast away. Also, does this range sell handgun ammo?

Just to let everyone know who's going, I'm bringing an SR9 and my ParaUSA GI Expert 1911. I'm bringing a box of ammo for each, but if you want to shoot it with more rounds, then bring more and you can blast away. Also, does this range sell handgun ammo?

Would like to try the SR9...... was also on my short list before I bought the M&P

139 miles is not 3 and a half hours away.

Sunday morning, no traffic, 2 hours tops.

67gtonut, I'm bringing 50 rounds since that's all I have but you can shoot as much as you want as long as you bring more ammo.

Just googled the range, I am 3.5 hours from it. 139 miles. :shock:

Tony where are you coming from??????

I can make it from my door (10 minutes from the range) to my friends door in Annapolis, MD is 3-1/2 hours. Like they said, sunday morning, the beach craze is over you can make it from cape may to us in 2.5 hours TOPS.

Just loaded up some 45 for you Matt. Also briging Tammy's XD40 and a Ruger Redhaw .44mag. And she is bringing her 10/22. I am planning on 1130 - 1200 eta.

This post make me :D from ear to ear!

I'll be posting up with the final list of everyone in a short bit. Tim I'll make sure I have my phone in place so i have service so you can drop me a line and I'll keep a eye out for you.

Matt Minassian Arriving around 10:30ish

Mark Arriving around 10:30ish

Troy 11am

Ray Ray 11ish Needs to be signed in

Pete 12ish

Tim 11:30-12ish Needs to be signed in

Tim's wife same time Needs to be sign in

Ken 12:30ish

Tom 12ish

Dave S 11ish???? is said person still coming?

Mark C 11ish??? is said person still coming?

GoNRA ???????????????????????

Dan 1:30ishh

Bioed 11ish?????

Zach 11ish????

So I'm thinking

I can sign in Tim

Troy can Sign in Tim's wife

If bioed can sign in Ray Ray

Sweet, that worked itself out. Two people drop, now we got plenty of members arriving early to sign people in.