Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

I need a support group!

Well the problem is I cant turn up a good deal and good deals frequently come to me. People ask to go to gun shows with me because of the most insane deals I get. It is almost spooky! One of the best is I was in my leigon post last year having a beer when an older gentleman that I am an aquaintance of comes up with a trash bag and hands it to me. He said $100.00 and it is yours and didn't even tell me what it was. It ended up being an 1903A3 springfield in cosmoline and waxpaper wrap. I mean completely unissued, and not a rebuild. I couldn't pull my wallet out fast enough. He said he didn't care about money and he wanted it to go to a good owner that would shoot it but respect it. Stuff like this happens frequently to me. I got my krag, garand, and 2 mausers in a similar manner. Like I said almost spooky....must be karma.

Well the problem is I cant turn up a good deal and good deals frequently come to me. People ask to go to gun shows with me because of the most insane deals I get. It is almost spooky! One of the best is I was in my leigon post last year having a beer when an older gentleman that I am an aquaintance of comes up with a trash bag and hands it to me. He said $100.00 and it is yours and didn't even tell me what it was. It ended up being an 1903A3 springfield in cosmoline and waxpaper wrap. I mean completely unissued, and not a rebuild. I couldn't pull my wallet out fast enough. He said he didn't care about money and he wanted it to go to a good owner that would shoot it but respect it. Stuff like this happens frequently to me. I got my krag, garand, and 2 mausers in a similar manner. Like I said almost spooky....must be karma.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i agree Dan, something like that would NEVER happen to me, EVER

Yeah, me either.. if I have $100 in my wallet, its because I'm going to buy something :-P

though, somebody did offer to sell me a Kahr for something ridiculous though... :lol::lol:

LOL I'm so freaking broke this month, you might be getting a temptation when I return home LOL

I'm getting there.

AR-15s are a gateway drug. Once you get one, you want to add so much more to it. For mine, I want to add a flip up front sight/gas block. Quad Rails, and a new muzzle break. That's gonna cost me a hefty penny.

~$60 for the Muzzle Break, ~$300 for the quad rail, ~$60 for the flip up front sight/gas block. Then the cost of having a gunsmith remove the current muzzle break, and adding the new additions...

Should I upgrade? Or just buy a rifle that has those features and is NJ Compliant? I got a great deal on my Stag-1 ($900).

I'm getting there.

AR-15s are a gateway drug. Once you get one, you want to add so much more to it. For mine, I want to add a flip up front sight/gas block. Quad Rails, and a new muzzle break. That's gonna cost me a hefty penny.

~$60 for the Muzzle Break, ~$300 for the quad rail, ~$60 for the flip up front sight/gas block. Then the cost of having a gunsmith remove the current muzzle break, and adding the new additions...

Should I upgrade? Or just buy a rifle that has those features and is NJ Compliant? I got a great deal on my Stag-1 ($900).

Are we twins seperated at birth? Everything you want on your Stag I want on mine! Your not a lefty are you?

I'm getting there.

Are we twins seperated at birth? Everything you want on your Stag I want on mine! Your not a lefty are you?

I write lefty, but shoot righty. I'm a freak! :oops:

I'm getting there.

I write lefty, but shoot righty. I'm a freak! :oops:

Ditto!!