Sign in to follow this  
rifleman

grilled lobster

FYI: Lobster on sale at Shop Rite this week. $6 per pound, 1 1/4 lb, $7 per pound 3 lb.

Cut open, rinse out the cavity, cut claws off

Grill medium/high claws 30 minutes, body 25 minutes (1 1/4 lb size)

Turn a couple of times but don't bother butter basting while they cook

I don't know the cooking time for the big boys

I think maks should put under our names "Thread Destroyers"

We really have destroyed a ton of threads, but it is way to much fun, so who can blame us. And its definitely not my fault, you being MUCH older and "supposedly wiser" should not reply to my childish antics, tisk tisk tisk chad, leading with bad examples

Wow...thats awesome doc...can't get much fresher than that !!!

Years ago, I used to catch flounder off the coast, and grill it right on the boat, wasn't out of the water more than 5 mins. Before it was illegal of course. :mrgreen:

Years ago, I used to catch flounder off the coast, and grill it right on the boat, wasn't out of the water more than 5 mins. Before it was illegal of course. :mrgreen:

its illegal to grill on your boat?

Well, if its something you caught, yes. Prove it tho...yanno?

I will find the actual law, but it is something about not cleaning, gutting, cooking fish on board if they were caught the same day. Same with using the fluke stomach for bait, thats a no no also...but, you can always just go 3 miles out into international waters and the whole jurisdiction things plays a role...bla bla bla.

SCALLOPS ARE THE BEST! As long as they are not sandy....yukkk

Well, if its something you caught, yes. Prove it tho...yanno?

I will find the actual law, but it is something about not cleaning, gutting, cooking fish on board if they were caught the same day. Same with using the fluke stomach for bait, thats a no no also...but, you can always just go 3 miles out into international waters and the whole jurisdiction things plays a role...bla bla bla.

SCALLOPS ARE THE BEST! As long as they are not sandy....yukkk

I get nasty sea sickenss, but is there really that much of a flavor difference in eating fish/seafood right after its catched form if ya get it on ice or something

NJChiroDoc - We were out on the Algol today.

Yes - the seafood that you catch and eat fresh tastes much better. Lobster for sure but especially Scallops and Mussels. I routinely Shuck and eat live scallops as soon as I bring them up (from diving) and they taste sweet and tender. The mussels we pick off the wrecks taste totally different from the ones you buy. Again, very sweet and tender. There's nothing like diving for seafood!