Springfield1911

Shore shot

now that shore shot has found our community they should join the vendor list and support njgf.as the other vendors do ,they have a great shop and wide selection of shooting supplies.that way they can post in the vendor forum instead of open forum.kyle get in touch with maks and join us so we can join you.hope to see you in the vendor list soon.its only fair to the vendors that support this forum already.with the support of storefronts like yourself,we can all benefit and keep this sport alive and most importantly promote saftey.

Baby steps Joe! Maybe many of the new forum people don't know who they are. I am a firm believer that you can not have too many gun shops, manufacturers, vendors or options on any forum I belong to. Kyle stated that he is coming on the forum so let's give him a chance to get up to speed before we slam the door. Nobody can give them a shot if they can't leave contact information?

Joe, don't take this personal as it is not meant for you, I know you are an open minded person, but it seems every time we get a competitor of BA to post on here, they seem to get flamed! I was under the impression this was an independent forum, I did not realize it was run by our vendors?

Maybe if a few of the forum regulars actually welcomed them on the board instead of slamming the door every time they try and get a foot in, they would spend some time here? Yes, I was a Shore Shot guy long before I ever heard of BA or this forum was formed and yes, my son and I bought most of our guns from Shore Shot but did anyone ever stop to think that maybe there was a reason for that? Like good service and knowledgeable staff? I don't work for Shore Shot or have any vested interest in them. We have bought six firearms from Shore Shot over the last three or four years and with each transactions we have had excellent service. As a consumer, I strongly believe that the more options we have, the better it is for all of us?

I'm just saying!

OK, jumping down off the soap box now. :angry-screaming: Move along people, nothing to see here. :whistle::whistle:

I'm personally not against SS whatsoever. Facility and service are fine by me (I still go there on occasion), and the prices and customer service they have for their shop are damn good. But I agree with the notion that the forum is better off making them a vendor then them advertising every time they do make a post.

I agree wholeheartedly, for the consumer, the more, the better. And I would be glad if they accepted to be a vendor here. It would allow more interaction and knowledge of events/deals.

Very well put John, again.

We have extended the opportunity to have ShoreShot become a vendor on multiple occasions, and looks as if they will.

lol, what I think was uncalled for was registering and soliciting business before speaking with any of the staff. That was squared away, and now waiting for them to become a supporter of the community and forum.

Kyle, Billy, Tiny and Kenny are good people.

I hope they do become a sponsor here, competition is always a good for

the vendor and the consumer alike. With the exception of TJ who is exceptional all my Modern

Firearms have been purchased from SS.

Kyle, Billy, Tiny and Kenny are good people.

I hope they do become a sponsor here, competition is always a good for

the vendor and the consumer alike. With the exception of TJ who is exceptional all my Modern

Firearms have been purchased from SS.

Another vote here for the guys at Shore Shot (Hodgie, you left out Andy). I have bought or transferred nearly all my guns through them and they have always treated me right. I also think the facilities have improved 100% since I started going there.

Just so you guys know. I was unaware of vendors and what not on this site. When I told people about SS I was just doing it as lending a helping hand to someone who might not have known about our services. Just so you guys know we are set up as a vendor. But as we are expierencing some of our busiest times ever in our 15 year old history, you have to give me time to get used to using the site and what its all about. As I only have time to comment during lulls or when I go home from work at the end of the day. I have already apologized to Max numerous amount of times and told him to delete all my posts stating the business. Whether or not we are he as a vendor to help the community and will help whoever will accept our help and service and for the people that don't want to that is quite ok as that is their choice.

I recently moved to NJ from NY, and was pleased to learn that my new state has at least one advantage in gun laws: the ability to purchase and transport handguns without needing a "real" permit (as in NY where you must go through the same process for a CCW as for a purchase/target license).

So, now I need to get some experience with different handguns so I can decide where I want to start, and since Shore Shot is the closest place I can find to me (Clifton) that rents handguns, that is the logical place to start.

Can someone tell me if it is a good place to go to try out various handguns? I am interested in revolvers and semi-autos.

Or, does anyone know anything closer to me that will serve my purpose?

Thanks!

I recently moved to NJ from NY, and was pleased to learn that my new state has at least one advantage in gun laws: the ability to purchase and transport handguns without needing a "real" permit (as in NY where you must go through the same process for a CCW as for a purchase/target license).

So, now I need to get some experience with different handguns so I can decide where I want to start, and since Shore Shot is the closest place I can find to me (Clifton) that rents handguns, that is the logical place to start.

Can someone tell me if it is a good place to go to try out various handguns? I am interested in revolvers and semi-autos.

Thanks!

I am a member at Shore Shot and have rented guns from them (when seeing if I want to buy a certain model). I really like the owners and people who work there. What is nice is that they have a huge rental selection (lots of guns in lots of calibers) and you can shoot as many guns as you like within the same caliber and only get charged for one rental. Don't hesitate to stop by. My only recommendation is that often Saturday nights are crowded. Monday nights are member only fun shoots. Any other time is good.

I know that Brick Armory, around the corner from SS, has some rental guns too. It is a much smaller selection and I don't know their rental policies. Maybe someone who has rented from them could chime in.

Thanks!

A Meetup at Bullet Hole (Belleville, NJ) will occur on Tuesday May 11th approx 7pm. Nearly everyone will be happy to let you shoot their stuff.

I am a member at Shore Shot and have rented guns from them (when seeing if I want to buy a certain model). I really like the owners and people who work there. What is nice is that they have a huge rental selection (lots of guns in lots of calibers) and you can shoot as many guns as you like within the same caliber and only get charged for one rental. Don't hesitate to stop by. My only recommendation is that often Saturday nights are crowded. Monday nights are member only fun shoots. Any other time is good.

I know that Brick Armory, around the corner from SS, has some rental guns too. It is a much smaller selection and I don't know their rental policies. Maybe someone who has rented from them could chime in.

I know this is an old thread but had a few questions. I am new to this forum but am working my way around. I am currently without a range to shoot at. I have seen you posts about SS in different threads and had a few questions if you don't mind.

1> I see you mentioned they give discounts for Memebers of the NJGF, would that also be on b on membership?

2> Do you have any idea how busy the range is when they open during the week?

I am getting my wife into shooting also and doing her paperwork to get her FID, next is my Daughter, she is 11 and was wondering if it was like when I was a kid back in the 70's and I could bring her with me to shoot 22 rimfire rifle also.

Sorry for all the questions.

Harry

I know this is an old thread but had a few questions. I am new to this forum but am working my way around. I am currently without a range to shoot at. I have seen you posts about SS in different threads and had a few questions if you don't mind.

1> I see you mentioned they give discounts for Memebers of the NJGF, would that also be on b on membership?

2> Do you have any idea how busy the range is when they open during the week?

I am getting my wife into shooting also and doing her paperwork to get her FID, next is my Daughter, she is 11 and was wondering if it was like when I was a kid back in the 70's and I could bring her with me to shoot 22 rimfire rifle also.

Sorry for all the questions.

Harry

Not sure on the discounts, but on question 2 ~ The range typically isn't bad on weekdays, never had a wait for a stall during the week. The busiest i've seen was weekends. I went there is week, and it was surprisingly busy, but no wait, and cleared out quick. As a member you can bring guests, your Daughter would be fine, I've seen younger kids there, and I bring my nephew, who is 9. Might want to use ear plugs AND muffs for her, it's pretty loud in there

Not sure on the discounts, but on question 2 ~ The range typically isn't bad on weekdays, never had a wait for a stall during the week. The busiest i've seen was weekends. I went there is week, and it was surprisingly busy, but no wait, and cleared out quick. As a member you can bring guests, your Daughter would be fine, I've seen younger kids there, and I bring my nephew, who is 9. Might want to use ear plugs AND muffs for her, it's pretty loud in there

Thank you very much for the information, I'll check the place out this Tuesday when they open.

Harry

Thank you very much for the information, I'll check the place out this Tuesday when they open.

Harry

I was there yesterday around 2:30 and was a bit busy, but no problem getting 2 stalls next to each other.

GREAT selection of handguns and friendly staff.

I am def going back!

Brought my wife to SS for her very first shooting experience and it couldn't have worked out any better. The staff was friendly, courteous and even offered to assist in instructing her in all the finer points. This took a good deal of pressure off of me and also allowed her to hear things from a neutral third party whether it be on how to stand, how to aim, etc.

She went from being mildly afraid of my gun to having a lot more respect and appreciation for the weapon. Dare I say she was wondering what kind of gun SHE should get one day by the time we finished. I so wish this place were closer or that they'd open a range in North NJ closer to where we live.

Thanks SS!

Brought my wife to SS for her very first shooting experience and it couldn't have worked out any better. The staff was friendly, courteous and even offered to assist in instructing her in all the finer points. This took a good deal of pressure off of me and also allowed her to hear things from a neutral third party whether it be on how to stand, how to aim, etc.

She went from being mildly afraid of my gun to having a lot more respect and appreciation for the weapon. Dare I say she was wondering what kind of gun SHE should get one day by the time we finished. I so wish this place were closer or that they'd open a range in North NJ closer to where we live.

Thanks SS!

Yup, my new girl had never shot before and def loved it there.

She liked the G19 a lot, but doesn't want her own gun, but if we are together for a while, I may pick one up as her range gun ;)

Yup, my new girl had never shot before and def loved it there.

She liked the G19 a lot, but doesn't want her own gun, but if we are together for a while, I may pick one up as her range gun ;)

G19 is a nice range gun, I have one and the wife hasn't shot it yet but will one of these days. Just getting her into shooting. One thing thats good is your girl shot the G19 and liked it, I have see guys by there girls bigger caliber handguns thinking it was the best thing out there only to scare them off when they try it.

Im looking at a BG380 as a CCW but will also looking at a few 22LR pistols. I can shoot a lot cheeper with a 22 now and then, plus breaking my OL in on a small gun and bring her up in caliber I think is a good way to go anyway.

Harry

G19 is a nice range gun, I have one and the wife hasn't shot it yet but will one of these days. Just getting her into shooting. One thing thats good is your girl shot the G19 and liked it, I have see guys by there girls bigger caliber handguns thinking it was the best thing out there only to scare them off when they try it.

Im looking at a BG380 as a CCW but will also looking at a few 22LR pistols. I can shoot a lot cheeper with a 22 now and then, plus breaking my OL in on a small gun and bring her up in caliber I think is a good way to go anyway.

Harry

She liked my 92fs and my Pt 1911 and I wish one of those were her favs as I can not hit a god damn thing with a 19 myself!

But she said she liked the 19 te best. BUMMER,lol.

My wife fired the range master's G19 9mm at first and was dead accurate with it. Her first grouping was incredibly tight for a true newbie, with all shots on the target and most clustered around the center. I thought starting her off with a smaller caliber pistol would be better but he pointed out that the shorter barrels on those pistols would result in more recoil which might challenge or scare off a new shooter.

We rented a .380 while we were there and she did fine with that too and could very well see and feel the difference between the two different calibers. She handled the .380 with ease as well and then shot off my P229 for the rest of our time there. I had to drag her out of there before she made me look bad :-)

Like I said, these guys were great. So glad that SS is an option and just wish it were closer.

• Like 1