bbk

Red Dawn remake!

I saw RD for the first time a few months ago. Great movie.

But in all seriousness, having the 2a ought to be every immigrants Wet Dream. How many less Jews would be slaughtered if they were allowed to have guns in Germany under Hitler or Soviet Union under Stalin. In the United States, where about 30% of the citizens nationwide have firearms.... I pitty the fool who would want to wage all out war/invasion. Hell, even in NJ, with 10% of jersey population being firearms owners.... 800,000 armed Jersey Residents is a bigger standing army than almost anywhere else.

It would be nice to be the Swiss... every Swiss male gets an assult rifle. lol.

You didn't count all the gangbangers! Haha. But seriously, I too pity anyone who would be foolish enough to try to invade the main land.

As for CO, yea, my buddy's place is like that. I was admitted to a college out there for transfer, and am mulling the idea.

I'm more worried about Russia, Russia has a 5th gen fighter and I hear it rivals the F-22, I believe the Russian 5th gen fighter is the SU-47.

AS FOR CHINA, WE HAVE MUCH TO FEAR

THEY HAVE SEGWAYS!!!!!!! :shock:

segways.jpg.

Well, the story of how things lead to Russia invading the homeland is pretty complicated (and aside from the little blurb at the beginning, they don't really go in-depth)... also, a lot of people forget Cuba (and it seems like temps from other South American countries) help too... so, I could see the possibility of shaping up a story where China is the "invader."

Also, considering how long it had been between views, I totally forgot that it was China that provided some support for the US in the original!

I'm more worried about Russia, Russia has a 5th gen fighter and I hear it rivals the F-22, I believe the Russian 5th gen fighter is the SU-47.

AS FOR CHINA, WE HAVE MUCH TO FEAR

THEY HAVE SEGWAYS!!!!!!! :shock:

segways.jpg.

Russia CLAIMS it has a 5th gen fighter to rival the F22. It made it's 1st flight last week and is AT LEAST 5-10 years away from production and I can guarantee it will be NO WHERE near the F22.

Russia barely has planes that can fly right now.

Their military is in complete shambles.

England could pretty much wipe the floor with Russia these days.

With ease in a non nuclear military conflict.

France probably could too.

France :shock: Now I know we are talking about movies.

Actually, when it comes to Russia's military now, that is more reality.

They are in complete shambles both hardware and leadership wise.

As much of a joke France is, they can porbably handle Russia 1 on 1 nowadays.

Crazy I know, but that's reality.

:naughty:

That might of been true of russia 5 to 10 years ago, but completely off base now. One of my former relatives, up until he died 2 years ago, was very very high up in the Military ranks, and he would want many people to think that Russia's army/navy is weak. Many of Anastasia's friends/family are either still in the army, or just got done. They were posted at some high tech stations. Only the US and perhaps Chinese could of mop the floor with the Georgians as fast as the Russian Army did with a few brigades.

What everyone is underestimating is national pride. God forbid there is a conflict or war somewhere, everyone is ready to jump in.

they have been dumping close to 25% percent, if not mistaken of their GDP into military the past few years while in the spike in oil prices. Technology is there... it is the people that they have a hard time with. Even though it is mandatory service, unless you go to college, the numbers are down.

But after all, better to be underestimated, then over estimated like the Israeili army..... that was a wake up call when I was there this summer.

That might of been true of russia 5 to 10 years ago, but completely off base now. One of my former relatives, up until he died 2 years ago, was very very high up in the Military ranks, and he would want many people to think that Russia's army/navy is weak. Many of Anastasia's friends/family are either still in the army, or just got done. They were posted at some high tech stations. Only the US and perhaps Chinese could of mop the floor with the Georgians as fast as the Russian Army did with a few brigades.

What everyone is underestimating is national pride. God forbid there is a conflict or war somewhere, everyone is ready to jump in.

they have been dumping close to 25% percent, if not mistaken of their GDP into military the past few years while in the spike in oil prices. Technology is there... it is the people that they have a hard time with. Even though it is mandatory service, unless you go to college, the numbers are down.

But after all, better to be underestimated, then over estimated like the Israeili army..... that was a wake up call when I was there this summer.

Tell that to the Indians who have been buying and LOUDLY complaining about the crap (high tech) gear they have been buying from Russia past 10 years.

Russia's subs still can not launch ballistic (or cruise missiles) like ours can and we have been doing that for 20+ years.

it is widely believed that half of there nuclear arms won't work correctly if called upon as they are so old and unmaintained.

Add to the fact that have no modern practical warefare experience past Afghanastan 20 years ago and you have a military in shambles.

Tell that to the Indians who have been buying and LOUDLY complaining about the crap (high tech) gear they have been buying from Russia past 10 years.

Russia's subs still can not launch ballistic (or cruise missiles) like ours can and we have been doing that for 20+ years.

it is widely believed that half of there nuclear arms won't work correctly if called upon as they are so old and unmaintained.

Add to the fact that have no modern practical warefare experience past Afghanastan 20 years ago and you have a military in shambles.

um... Chechnya, Georgia.... It is the same as Iraq was. Quickly can over run and take position, but then dealing with uprisings, and people shooting at you from everywhere.

But really, where are you getting your info on Russian military? Hell, I know this isnt the 80's, and commie this or that crap. I know people in the military there now and my uncle was a high ranking general in Russia, after he left the space program.

The issues are mainly enrollment numbers, and while the crumbling old soviet arsenals were indeed an issue, are not as big of a factor now.

btw... speaking of crumbling old technology, the russian souyz (translates into Union) space capsuls are still more reliable than any nasa shuttles, are ARE the lifelines to the ISS, and were the only way to get there after shuttles were grounded.

but before this get more ridiculous, please supply credible facts/articles/ whatever or start the discussion in the politics section.

Most important part.... http://www.strategypage.com/aboutus/default.asp

Sources include AP, Reuters, New York Times.

Much Like I cant speak for the US Military as I dont have first hand experience, and there is alot more behind the scenes which no one knows unless you have served, the New York Slime, AP, Reuters will not know what is going on behind closed doors in a foreign country.

My family all served in the soviet union, my uncle was in the space program, and was backup for Gagarin, then became high ranking in the KGB, then the military when he passed away a few years ago. Cousins all served. Anastasia's cousins served, and a few are today. I trust their opinions and facts they present more than any others, as they were on the ground and have the front scoop.

No one is saying the Russian military is superior to the united states, as we all know at one point they were, in sheer numbers, however they had a rough time, they did have issues, but it is not as bad anymore, and over the last few years have been making leaps and strides ahead.

The countries that really are far behind are the former soviet satellites, as they are the ones left holding old soviet clunkers, and did not invest in their own resources.

Now the flip-hand to this, is Israel... and I was sadly in the camp that truly overestimates the current forces to what they had comparatively years agoto before.

Eh, better source at http://www.globalsecurity.org/

I have to agree with Maks. As having experience first hand with that realm of things, the Russians are not nearly as weak as people believe them to be. Five to ten years ago, as stated, the Russians were definitely weak and on the verge of another collapse. However, though there is still corruption issues, the days of Russian military reeling from the collapse of the Soviet Union are far gone. Sure, the Russians still rely on a lot of older tech (though they move most of it to other countries), but realize their tech from the Cold War was damn good to began with... I would go as far as to say better then US mil tech at the time (look at how much we put into the Apache, and its still bested by its Russian nemesis). Beyond tech and sheer military might, the one aspect Russia is "top 5" in is their intelligence capabilities. Different names, and maybe some slight reforms-- but just as potent as their Soviet era agencies... and still as greedy (like every other country) to get the information necessary for today and tomorrow.

I don't think they are the same threat though. Pound for pound, they're almost as strong as they once were... they simply do not have as wide spread of a reach and access as they did during the Soviet era days.

Analysis of Russian combat capabilities to date:

Naval Forces:

Russia's Navy suffered the worst of all their military branches since the end of the Cold War. Many vessels were left in complete disrepair and crews had their training budgets slashed. Today, Russia lacks the ability to sortie the bulk of their surface forces as their operational readiness and equipment maintenance is sub par. The Russian Navy today is effectively a green water navy that cannot operate far from the mainland. The only real power projection they have is their submarine forces, but these are grossly outnumbered by US and NATO navies, as well as suffering from the aforementioned lack of maintenance and training.

Air Forces:

The Russian Air Force lacks critical equipment to achieving and maintaining air dominance in enemy airspace for a prolonged period of time. Their Air Force also does not utilize mid-air refueling and AWACS to the same extent as the USAF does. Individually, their high-end aircraft are excellent (Su-35, Su-27, Mig-35), but the lack of systems integration and refueling support hinders their ability to truly be effective over the long term. The Russian Air Force also lacks a sustained bomber capability (but this is being remedied by resumed Tu-160 production)

Land Forces:

Probably remains the best equipped. The vast majority of their high end equipment is located in the South and the East to counter the Chinese threat. Training in their special operations units remains superb, however their regular forces can be hit or miss in terms of quality. Armor units, helicopter units, are all relatively unchanged.

The big thing here, like their air forces, is their supply train. Russia cannot deploy significant forces abroad, nor do they have the ability to support them.

Recent Combat Experience:

Following the end of the Cold War, the Russians were involved in several operations: Yugoslavia, Chechnya, and Georgia. Georgia, to date, was one of Russia's best successes, building on a lot of experience gained in Chechnya. That experience, from Chechnya, was gained in exchange for the loss of a lot of blood and equipment. Early operations showed the ineptness of Russian commanders in sending armored forces into cities with little to no infantry protection.

Conclusion:

Don't invade Russia, they'll make you pay for it. But don't worry too much about them invading us or anyone of our allies, it would be a short-lived war.

Naval Forces:

Russia's Navy suffered the worst of all their military branches since the end of the Cold War. Many vessels were left in complete disrepair and crews had their training budgets slashed. Today, Russia lacks the ability to sortie the bulk of their surface forces as their operational readiness and equipment maintenance is sub par. The Russian Navy today is effectively a green water navy that cannot operate far from the mainland. The only real power projection they have is their submarine forces, but these are grossly outnumbered by US and NATO navies, as well as suffering from the aforementioned lack of maintenance and training.

Air Forces:

The Russian Air Force lacks critical equipment to achieving and maintaining air dominance in enemy airspace for a prolonged period of time. Their Air Force also does not utilize mid-air refueling and AWACS to the same extent as the USAF does. Individually, their high-end aircraft are excellent (Su-35, Su-27, Mig-35), but the lack of systems integration and refueling support hinders their ability to truly be effective over the long term. The Russian Air Force also lacks a sustained bomber capability (but this is being remedied by resumed Tu-160 production)

Land Forces:

Probably remains the best equipped. The vast majority of their high end equipment is located in the South and the East to counter the Chinese threat. Training in their special operations units remains superb, however their regular forces can be hit or miss in terms of quality. Armor units, helicopter units, are all relatively unchanged.

The big thing here, like their air forces, is their supply train. Russia cannot deploy significant forces abroad, nor do they have the ability to support them.

Following the end of the Cold War, the Russians were involved in several operations: Yugoslavia, Chechnya, and Georgia. Georgia, to date, was one of Russia's best successes, building on a lot of experience gained in Chechnya. That experience, from Chechnya, was gained in exchange for the loss of a lot of blood and equipment. Early operations showed the ineptness of Russian commanders in sending armored forces into cities with little to no infantry protection.

Conclusion:

Don't invade Russia, they'll make you pay for it. But don't worry too much about them invading us or anyone of our allies, it would be a short-lived war.

Bravo... this is by far the best overview that I have seen and closest to the truth. Anastasia's cousins served in the far east, and they are really arming up there. The european front is changing a bit though, however still relatively underserved.

Naval Forces:

Air Forces:

Land Forces:

Conclusion:

Bravo... this is by far the best overview that I have seen and closest to the truth. Anastasia's cousins served in the far east, and they are really arming up there. The european front is changing a bit though, however still relatively underserved.

And confirms pretty much what I said to boot.

This is oldish news, though major outlets are starting to pick up on it.

In a PC move, MGM has digitally changed out what was suppose to be the Chinese antagonists with North Koreans. Is it a PC move? Ha, maybe, I don't know-- seems like it though... if anything it would probably annoy less people if it were the evil Koreans taking on the role of slaughtering Americans then if it were our East Asian trading buddies.

I hope that somehow someone gets their hand on a pre-fixed version as it would be interesting to see at least the different concept arts and directions that will be changed (and what doesn't change considering Hollywood's affinity to broadstroke certain cultures).