Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

dude.......relax. its obvious you like your gun and all, but a nagant is far from shouldering an uncompensated barret. i shot your gun and the one without the recoil pad, both are very manageable and shootable. if you want pure pain, shot a 12ga slug with no pad at all.

I know I am fairly well padded :), but I never thought the Mosin was a recoil monster. Slugs out of a 12 gauge is a nice kicker. 45-70 out of a light break open rifle is no picnic either.

To come to the defense of one of my team members, we were shooting fast and put alot of rounds down range. You may fire your slug gun or 45-70 like 10 times but we shoot may 30 rounds apiece.

ronhonda? Are you the one with the Flyers hat on?

then who was voodoodaddy?

Carlo is jahlove34, but I don't even think he ever comes on here.

23 yards is plenty far enough for a Mosin! It's strickly a zombie gun dude, that's what I got it for. But really, I'll shoot her at my old man's house in Pennsy at some dead trees and see If I can take them down.

Yes that was me with the Flyer hat on, voodoodaddy was wearing a Black Tippman shirt. We were shooting in the same port.

How did they f**K you? Price?

I used the Firearm Price Request through the Forum. I received an email from The Bullethole quoting the price, which was high to begin with. The price marked on the gun was higher than quoted. Now I know they don't give a discount to forum members since the last pistol I purchased from them last month was marked exactly as quoted. I showed the person helping me the email I received and explained I used the firearm request form and that was what was sent to me as a price. I got "I don't know anything about that". Fine so now I'm paying even more than too much for this gun.

After filling out the forms and doing the NICS check it's time to wrap this up. Problem is the case is nowhere to be found. Checked the shelves, the safe, under the counter, and everywhere else possible with no luck. After about an hour of this and listening to how the day shift guys f***ed it up the case has not been located. All the while I'm watching people come in and realizing I'm now not getting a port. The P2P was already written up so I had to either sit and wait or blow the permit.

It's now an hour after I arrived and I have a gun with no mags, case, instructions, etc. He pulls another gun out of the case and grabs the case for that and changes the serial on my P2P(You couldn't have done that 45 minutes ago???). The whole time I sat there quietly being patient. After all this he says "Okay Chris all set." and he rings me up. Not "Hey sorry about that" or "I knocked 50 bucks off since you had to wait" or even an Eff'n "Thank you". I was so angry I didn't know what to say.

I have purchased 3 handguns from the Bullethole and that will be my last. I suggest if you choose to do business with them you make sure they have everything before you fill out any paperwork so you don't have your time wasted like mine was.

Wow - Chris that sucks. I would try to straighten this out with Bullet Hole. The whole point of the firearms request is to know exactly what you're getting and paying for it. It would have been a nice jester to give you range time or ammo for your inconvenience. Post your experience in the Bullet hole forum - they should reimburse you for the difference in price.

I was the 6' 240lb Chinaman :ugeek:

ohh, okay. There were 3 guys in your port next to me right?

Dude, you where shootin race guns!!!!

Chinese? I thought you were Korean!

We got yelled at tonight for rapid firing :roll:

Well, at least I'm not the only guy who is getting yelled at the BH lol

Looks like you guys had a interesting evening..sorry couldnt make it, doing some shore time :)

Will be there next time for sure..

I got the rapid fire tsk tsk as well. Makes no sense to me. I was getting a new sight picture, allowing the trigger to reset and then squeezing off the next shot. Not like I was seeing how fast I could pull the trigger.

I'm planning to be at Bayonne next Tuesday at 7 PM.

Last chance if anyone wants to try the Kahr PM9 or P380 before they go back to LA.

I was the 6' 240lb Chinaman :ugeek:

ohh, okay. There were 3 guys in your port next to me right?

Dude, you where shootin race guns!!!!

Chinese? I thought you were Korean!

Is there anything else to shoot other than race guns?

9mm "major" basically a 9mm round loaded long (1.165 minimum OAL) with enough powder to make major power factor (8.4 grains of HS-6 with a small rifle primer and a 124 gr head) travels at about 1520-1550 feet per second, makes about 175 power factor

Here is video of me and voodooodaddy rapid firing at a uspsa match at Shongum

ronhonda

voodoodaddy

Wow, outstanding shooting. Any practice tips? Where do you practice shooting like that? Do you practice w/ a .22 at all for cost? Again....WOW!!!

9mm "major" basically a 9mm round loaded long (1.165 minimum OAL) with enough powder to make major power factor (8.4 grains of HS-6 with a small rifle primer and a 124 gr head) travels at about 1520-1550 feet per second, makes about 175 power factor

This sounds like a pretty hot load. Is recoil comparable to a .40 at that point? Do you have to use a specially chambered barrel for this load? Do I dare ask how much a pistol, such as the one being fired in the video, goes for?

This sounds like a pretty hot load. Is recoil comparable to a .40 at that point? Do you have to use a specially chambered barrel for this load? Do I dare ask how much a pistol, such as the one being fired in the video, goes for?

You can get an STI TruBor GM, which is a 9mm Major Open Race Pistol, for $3600+ or so. http://www.stiguns.com/guns/TruBorGM/TruBorGM.php

If you're not into reloading you can buy 9mm Major Match Ammo If you're only shooting in the US you can theoretically use 115 gr but international requires 120 gr min. So, 124 or 147 JHP are your choices. Remember, the gun has to be manufactured for 9mm Major.

ronhonda

voodoodaddy

Wow, outstanding shooting. Any practice tips? Where do you practice shooting like that? Do you practice w/ a .22 at all for cost? Again....WOW!!!

Thanks,

I don't really practice that much (lack of time) as far as the .22 goes, I don't currently own one, so ALL my shooting is with full power loads. and I basically learned all I know from Voodoodaddy. We were (un)lucky enough to have lots of spare time for some months and all we did was shoot about 300-400 rounds a week, and of course going to matches.

It is a hot load for a regular 9mm. but for a 9major using a comp and having poppel holes, it is normal. my rounds chrono around 1540 feet per second giving me a power factor of 176. It is tough to compare it to a .40 because with the comp on the gun it shoots very flat with little muzzle flip. My .40 loads are MG 180gr JHP loaded long (1.120) with 5gr of N320 going at about 940ish feet per second making 174 power factor. So they are almost the same but feel different.

You can get an STI TruBor GM, which is a 9mm Major Open Race Pistol, for $3600+ or so. http://www.stiguns.com/guns/TruBorGM/TruBorGM.php

If you're not into reloading you can buy 9mm Major Match Ammo If you're only shooting in the US you can theoretically use 115 gr but international requires 120 gr min. So, 124 or 147 JHP are your choices. Remember, the gun has to be manufactured for 9mm Major.

You can get a real nice open gun for $3600 from many different gunsmiths or an STI. The more "known" or popular the smith, the more you will spend. I have a Brazos limited gun, and I would have loved to have a Brazos open un, but I don't want to wait 24+ months. Yes 24+ months! But there are other gunsmiths who can build you a real nice gun in under 2 months, cheap too. (http://www.gansguns.com/) Or you can scour the internets and look for a nice used open gun for sale on Enos, USPSA.org, gunbroker, etc... If you are a glock fan, you can buils an open glock for under $1800 including the price of the gun. (If you go to shongum, my buddy has one for anyone to check out))But whatever you get from whoever, you want the gun to run flawlessly. Worst thing to have is a gun that you are unsure of. I got lucky, found my gun on uspsa.org. it was barely used, price was right, and was the same gun voodoodaddy had. So I kinda knew what I was getting.

As far as loading, it was less expensive than what it is now.

$300 for a case of MG 124gr JHP (3750 in a case)

$150ish for a case of 5k winchester small rifle primers

$100 for an 8lb keg of HS6 (good for about 6k-7k rounds)

$XXX for 9mm brass ( I buy used brass and shoot and forget it at matches)

I prefer making my own ammo because I know what I am getting.

I won't even get into magazines because that is another ordeal to deal with.

ronhonda

voodoodaddy

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't consider myself to be a top shooter. Not by a long shot. I'm just an average shooter who sometimes does well. If I can give any tips, they would be to have good fundamentals, practice with a purpose, shoot accurately, shoot fast, shoot fast accurately, have a good support crew(friends who shoot), and participate in a USPSA match.