Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

Not really... Rt 3 has been a mess since Sept till you get to 21. It moves.. but it's slow.. most mornings i'm lucky to hit 20mph till I pass 21.. and on the way back home I see all the lights heading east on 3 while I'm crawling in traffic heading west on 3.

This is why I avoid Rt 3 on the way to work in the morning. I am willing to drive 5 miles extra so I don't have to sit in any traffic. I also found that getting to work earlier is much less stressful.

This is why I avoid Rt 3 on the way to work in the morning. I am willing to drive 5 miles extra so I don't have to sit in any traffic. I also found that getting to work earlier is much less stressful.

I've tried taking local roads - Allwood Rd to Kingsland Rd to River Rd back to Rt 3 which gets me on right at the Rt 21 exits and usually helps with avoid the bad traffic.. but, between the traffic lights, and just general traffic on the road in the morning, it really doesn't save much time.. maybe a little bit of frustration from the stop and go. All the highway alternatives take me too far from rt. 3 and I end up losing time instead of making it up usually. Doesn't help that I'm going into the city and need to use the Lincoln, which is a whole different mess. Pretty frustrating considering I live 20-25 minutes from the city without traffic, but I'm lucky to make it into the city in an hour every day. Oh well.. my own fault for hating buses I guess :)

Well, tonight was an absolute success! Too bad only 3 other forum members showed up. And we were the only ones there. Plenty of space, parking and chit chating. Nice to meet you Egor (Damjamblues) and hope we can meet and shoot again. And thanks for the 2 regulars at the Bullet Hole to head on over and see how a real range operates. No stuff piled up behind you, no RO breaking your balls about head shots, no hanging over each other and rubbing butt cheaks cause theres no room. Just 4 guys (and a few others, including a total knock-out woman) talkin smack. I think our Bullet Hole days are over, too bad everyone bailed on us tonight.

Well, tonight was an absolute success! Too bad only 3 other forum members showed up. And we were the only ones there. Plenty of space, parking and chit chating. Nice to meet you Egor (Damjamblues) and hope we can meet and shoot again. And thanks for the 2 regulars at the Bullet Hole to head on over and see how a real range operates. No stuff piled up behind you, no RO breaking your balls about head shots, no hanging over each other and rubbing butt cheaks cause theres no room. Just 4 guys (and a few others, including a total knock-out woman) talkin smack. I think our Bullet Hole days are over, too bad everyone bailed on us tonight.

Good to meet everyone last night.....................This place is very cool to be an alternative to meetups at BH...................practically no one there...........no screaming from the RO , much more relaxed...then the claustrophobic BH

So, is it $15 per hour or $15 from the time we get there at 7ish til it closes?

I'll get it lower, but it was that last night. The normal guy wasn't in charge and this guy is a douche, but no where nears the douches that run the sh!thole.

I'll get it lower, but it was that last night. The normal guy wasn't in charge and this guy is a douche, but no where nears the douches that run the sh!thole.

I will definitely agree on that one. I went to BH tonight, and brought my wife. So I notice the sign that they not only disallow steel case, but specifically Sellior and Bellot (of which I just bought 14 boxes). I asked the guy why and he said, "because it's Russian." I said actually it's Czech. He just looks at me and says, "It's Russian." Then he goes on to try to impress my wife by explaining how the Russians overload their ammo since it's steel core so it makes guns blow up and they also have poor quality control. I decided to just shut up and get on with my shooting, but I was pretty pissed at yet another case where the guys over there show themselves to be ignorant. I didn't bother telling him that my Springfield was made in Croatia, and that there are plenty of American companies with piss poor QC, and that S&B does not blow up guns.

I really want to hit up Bayonne next time... they allow S&B, right?

But... in case I can't, do you think it's "ok" for me to take my S&B and just put it in a Winchester box and use it there anyway?

As previously stated, any ammo is good to go. The only stipilation is that if your shooting magnums that you do so in the middle lanes where the backstop is the strongest.

I need more input as to trying to move this to Bayonne. And since most regulars didn't show up, I'll do it anyway.

I need more input as to trying to move this to Bayonne. And since most regulars didn't show up, I'll do it anyway.

it is thanksgiving week. Maybe folks are busy. Did you find out if it's open this Friday? I might head over there to check it out.