Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

watched all 3. not bad, but the acting is cheezy, and the whole 'look behind you' scene is just......blah. i liked diary of the dead, i think it was a different way of telling the story; through the camera's eye instead of clipped together. id like to see what happened to them, after they sealed up in the panic room. did they get out? die in there? etc.

ive read through around 20 pages of this 53 page epic. one thing you have to consider when talking about moving to another location, ie: warehouse, is the size. how many people are you moving with? warehouses are typically huge, and will take at least a full squad of people to adequately cover. a few on each entrance, roof, basement if there is one, plus reserves. also, what about everyones family? you can make a list of armed zombie hunters, but what about the other people? if there is a fortified location/safe house, what about the extra food, water, equipment, supplies and space needed for someone with a wife and 3 kids? do you send your family out to a safer location while you stay behind and defend your house? do you go with them and protect them?

ive read through around 20 pages of this 53 page epic. one thing you have to consider when talking about moving to another location, ie: warehouse, is the size. how many people are you moving with? warehouses are typically huge, and will take at least a full squad of people to adequately cover. a few on each entrance, roof, basement if there is one, plus reserves. also, what about everyones family? you can make a list of armed zombie hunters, but what about the other people? if there is a fortified location/safe house, what about the extra food, water, equipment, supplies and space needed for someone with a wife and 3 kids? do you send your family out to a safer location while you stay behind and defend your house? do you go with them and protect them?

Logistics is a huge aspect of anything, right? And I've asked myself the same questions you brought up. While it is necessary to have the "sheep dogs," someone has to do the other tasks to survive. Unless people revert back into a nomad society (which is unfeasible really in this day and age), its necessary that a laundry list of tasks be completed just for day-to-day survival. So, it would definitely be advantageous to have logistical support, moreso in the form of family (as they can be, normally, more trusted).

I think in most any disaster scenario, the pros outweigh the cons regarding numbers. More tasks can be completed, which leads to more stabilization, etc. Security is reinforced through the concept of "strength through numbers." Also to note is the intangible of keeping morale up. Humans are social creatures, and need a level of interaction to keep up spirits.

The downsides though are more mouths to feed. More hard decisions to make. And possibly more possibilities of fracture (though through other concepts, albeit reinforced because of numbers).

Seems to me its a matter of numbers and knowing the people involved. There are some functions [families] that are large, and are use to that type of interaction. In a disaster situation, would they be 'ok'? Sure, maybe. But other functions that are maybe more along the lines of the nuclear family setup may not be use to more then four or five families (roughly four units per). Point is? There is no real cookie-cutter mold, and that's the reason why this 53 page epic even exists [as we share ideas] :clap:

ya well im stocking up on ammo and hey i got good news ive saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico !!!!! know what that meens??? MORE MONEY FOR AMMO AND GUNS :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

While I was at work on Friday, me and a co-worker where getting on the elevator when another co-worker followed us on. The doors closed and I pressed the floor. The elevator didn't move and I pressed the floor button again and nothing. I got frustrated and begin pushing the button again and again. She saw that and pushed the door open button and started yelling "no, stop, what are you doing!!!". I yelled something like, "what? I'm trying to get this thing moving!" The doors opened on the same floor and she ran out screaming and yelling and hiperventilating about how she can't handle elevators being stuck and such. She then ran to the steps huffing and puffing and sweating and basically paniking up the steps. I turned to my partner and said, "when the zombies come, she's gonna be the first ones dead!"

Moral of the story is, choose your friends and "soldiers" wisely. Some people just can't handle life when it goes astray.

While I was at work on Friday, me and a co-worker where getting on the elevator when another co-worker followed us on. The doors closed and I pressed the floor. The elevator didn't move and I pressed the floor button again and nothing. I got frustrated and begin pushing the button again and again. She saw that and pushed the door open button and started yelling "no, stop, what are you doing!!!". I yelled something like, "what? I'm trying to get this thing moving!" The doors opened on the same floor and she ran out screaming and yelling and hiperventilating about how she can't handle elevators being stuck and such. She then ran to the steps huffing and puffing and sweating and basically paniking up the steps. I turned to my partner and said, "when the zombies come, she's gonna be the first ones dead!"

Moral of the story is, choose your friends and "soldiers" wisely. Some people just can't handle life when it goes astray.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Cause pushing an obviously non-functioning button repeatedly changed your world? She might be huddling in a corner, but you will be stuck in the elevator when the zombies come. ;)

reminds me of my cousin panicking when the electric went out, I grabbed some candles, cooked on the stove, and brewed some coffee. :)

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Cause pushing an obviously non-functioning button repeatedly changed your world? She might be huddling in a corner, but you will be stuck in the elevator when the zombies come. ;)

First of all Daniel, we all do what I did. Kinda like pushing the button to call the elevtor a hundred tims but you really only need to do it once. And it wasn't obviously non-functioning, as all this happened in a matter of seconds.

But it's okay though. When the zombies come, I'll be grabbing gear and guns out of my closet while you'll be spell checking this site!!!

I am amazed at people who see the up or down elevator button lit and walk up anyway and push it again. Fucking idiots. Another one that freaks me out is when someone pushes up a thermostat in a cold room to 90 thinking it'll get warmer faster if they set it higher.

But I digress. Carry on.

But it's okay though. When the zombies come, I'll be grabbing gear and guns out of my closet while you'll be spell checking this site!!!

Is it a secure closet? :mrgreen:

:naughty:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it a secure closet? :mrgreen:

Of course, press board doors that are made from cardboard. Unless you have a screw driver or something blunt, you ain't gettin in that badboy!

Okay, this is only for the northern guys that have been to the Bullet Hole meetups.

I'm trying to put an 8 man squad together.

In order to be in the squad you have to have an AR type semi auto rifle or a defensive shotgun.

So far, I've got Caine, ChrisJM981, ImperialFish, GeorgeMC, Pronoun, Sigman, Megaman, and me.

That's a damn good squad if I do say so myself.

Okay, this is only for the northern guys that have been to the Bullet Hole meetups.

In order to be in the squad you have to have an AR type semi auto rifle or a defensive shotgun.

So far, I've got Caine, ChrisJM981, ImperialFish, GeorgeMC, Pronoun, Sigman, Megaman, and me.

Woo I'll take that squad! No zombie fodder here.

I just watched the movie "The Road." No zombies..but makes you wonder how long our ammo piles would hold out!

well youve shot my big sal.......and my AR pics are in the AR pic thread

Why only an AR Ray? Other rifles are not good enough?

I meant to put AR type.

Will edit now

Still, why are you limiting your squads abillities with a poodle shooter?

5.56mm is a common caliber to scavenge and we can pool resources. If a rifle breaks we can use one for parts. Good luck finding a cache of 7.62x54mmR or parts for your WW II shooter. Although it might be more effective at stopping a target it's not practical. Same thing goes for pistol calibers. 9mm & .45 are going to be easier to come by than say FN's 5.7mm. You could always melt down the lead to make another caliber, but that's more resources you're going to use. And since we'd be have to have a reloading setup we'd use whichever caliber uses the least components to produce. Likely the least powder and lead would be needed for producing 9mm.

Question is: Can my 5.56 shoot lead cast bullets? I know my Glock can't. Guess I need another handgun...

True, but there's so many guys that want in I figured another team of 8 is not out of the question.

well youve shot my big sal.......and my AR pics are in the AR pic thread

a 22LR shot to the head will drop a zombie just as fast as anything you prefer to use.

not to mention the ability to carry hundreds of rounds of the smaller, lightweight ammo, as compared to heavy, bulky 308, 30-06, etc. plus the light recoil of the 223 will give faster, more accurate followup shots for the next zombie in line.

a 22LR shot to the head will drop a zombie just as fast as anything you prefer to use.

not to mention the ability to carry hundreds of rounds of the smaller, lightweight ammo, as compared to heavy, bulky 308, 30-06, etc. plus the light recoil of the 223 will give faster, more accurate followup shots for the next zombie in line.

Not trying to run this argument but a 22 MIGHT do the job close up. But thats a big maybe. We need teams with semi automatic center fire rifles, HD shotguns, and pistols that can punture the skull at 25 yards. I'm sure that's what you'll grap when I give you a call. Not a 10/22 or a Browning Buckmark.

And you have tested this how?

I am just asking questions. Logistics will be the toughest part of a Zombie invasion.

Too bad you insisted on a pea shooter requirement Ray, I would have been intersted in the north squad.

wait wait wait, what?

Eric, you might be used as a sniper since all you own are bolt action WWII surplus rifles. No offense, but do you even own a handgun or semi auto rifle other than a Garand?

btw, we do need a sniper. You in?