SpecOps2087

Just bought my first 1911

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Its a ~1985 Colt MKIV Series 80 Government Combat .45ACP 1911. Not a top of the line 1911 but a 1911 no less. Pretty good condition at a nice price from a friend of mine. I've always loved this type of handgun, kinda want to mount it on the wall now with all the history behind 1911's :)

thats a solid 1911 you have there.

Strip it and clean it out NOW.

I did that before I bought the gun to make sure all was well. Even after years without use, it was still nicely oiled and everything in flawless mechanical condition.

There is a little dab of rust on the blued surface (not bigger then a q-tip) that hasn't penetrated the surface yet. Any idea how to remove it without scratching the surface?

I did that before I bought the gun to make sure all was well. Even after years without use, it was still nicely oiled and everything in flawless mechanical condition.

There is a little dab of rust on the blued surface (not bigger then a q-tip) that hasn't penetrated the surface yet. Any idea how to remove it without scratching the surface?

try a tiny bit of Never Dull wadding polish.

Use some CLP and 0000 steel wool

Nice, I am getting the itch myself. I just saw the Para-Ordnance P18 9mm in Hitman and had me itching for a nice silver 1911.

honestly I seem to have a lot of probs with the para's and tell my customers prehand. not that they dont make up on it (usually just needs better polishing on the feed ramp). but I did have one sent back 5 times fixed all 5 but still doesnt work. figure that one out. if you get a good one hell of a gun and not too many 1911 frames in 9mm so pickings are slim.

something with 9mm in a 1911 frame.. just never wants to work correct. anyone else ever have failure to feed or eject issues ( and not limp wristing) with 1911 framed 9's?

and not to hurt all the Colt die hards but there are so many other companies that 1911's are just such better tuned gun. obviously your standard 70 series or series 80 is going to be a stock gun but the stuff that ed brown is doing or les baer even a high end kimber. dont think colt even compares. but opinions are like ( o )'s everyones got one.

Nice, I am getting the itch myself. I just saw the Para-Ordnance P18 9mm in Hitman and had me itching for a nice silver 1911.

honestly I seem to have a lot of probs with the para's and tell my customers prehand. not that they dont make up on it (usually just needs better polishing on the feed ramp). but I did have one sent back 5 times fixed all 5 but still doesnt work. figure that one out. if you get a good one hell of a gun and not too many 1911 frames in 9mm so pickings are slim.

something with 9mm in a 1911 frame.. just never wants to work correct. anyone else ever have failure to feed or eject issues ( and not limp wristing) with 1911 framed 9's?

The 1911's in 9mm are often picky about ammo. I could never get my Springfield Loaded in 9mm to feed correctly with 115 grain bullets. It worked great with 147 grain bullets though. I sold it to a guy in Texas (after full disclosure of the feeding issue) and he loves it.

]\

The 1911's in 9mm are often picky about ammo. I could never get my Springfield Loaded in 9mm to feed correctly with 115 grain bullets. It worked great with 147 grain bullets though. I sold it to a guy in Texas (after full disclosure of the feeding issue) and he loves it.

notorious

notorious

Thanks for the advice. The preference is for the 45, the Paras just look pretty, but I think every gun I own is all black so I need to spruce it up with some bling.

Funny about what you said about 9mm ammo. My P30 worked great with win 115gr, goodnt shoot too Fioccis without jamming (my fault they were light fragible ammo, and jammed last time out with Rem 115gr. I just oiled it really well and I am going to give the Remingtons one more shot and see if it was a fluke. Gun only has about 120 rounds through it.